It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Gets Nuked

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
What would the political fall out be if the US got hit hard by a weapon of mass distruction? For instance, what if some kind of biological was introduced into New York's water supply, or if Chicago got hit with a nuke?

And even more, what would happen if the nuke that hit Chicago turned out to be one of ours? Would democracy fall apart, or would we be able to persevere?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well, it's my opinion that first we would assess damage, and then go on a hunt looking for those who performed the heinous act. After the whole Afghan-Iraq ordeal, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we went after whoever and tried to take them over...
If it was one of ours, there would be an investigation(be it real or for show) and try to incarcerate or kill the person that did it....Or they would magically disappear...
I do not know if democracy would take a nose dive or not..Look what happened when NYC got attacked. The country banded together...Same may happen..

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
You can be almost asured that martial law would follow a nuclear attack on a US city. Police and Fire personall could never hope to contain the chaos that would follow. I also think that it would nullify the Universal National Service act, because people would enlist by the thousands to go fight whomever they thought (or were told) was responsible.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
But now would it be martial law just in the chicago area, or through out the whole country. And if they did do it throughout the whole country, what would their justification be?

When the world trade towers went down and the pentagon went down, there were no assurances that more attacks wouldn't follow, yet we did not resort to martial law, even in New York. Everyone did band together and help each other out.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Do you think people would become degenerates, Mad Max style?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
But now would it be martial law just in the chicago area, or through out the whole country. And if they did do it throughout the whole country, what would their justification be?

When the world trade towers went down and the pentagon went down, there were no assurances that more attacks wouldn't follow, yet we did not resort to martial law, even in New York. Everyone did band together and help each other out.

While its true we didnt use martial law then, you also have to factor in that weve all been brought up to "fear the atom" if you will in regards to nukes, and the mere mention of biological weapons makes people's skin crawl. Look at the panic from a handful of anthrax cases; people were buying plastic and duct tape by the case. I'm quite sure that a larger scale attack with a biological agent would see signifcant chaos in its aftermath.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

You mean they are not already that way?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I don't think humanity will ever go that route. There's too much of a drive in the group for law and for organization. Most people want to be led, and most people would be willing to sacrifice their freedom for safety. It's sad, but generally that's the case...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Memers:

In my opinion the following scheme is probable:

1) First a World Wide DEFCON-2 Alert (DEFCON-1 is War) would be activated

2) The City or Area hit would be placed under Martial Law, perhaps a large area (Several States)

3) Any travel between other States or Cities would be very difficult

4) There would be a widespread sweep of any/all known terrorist groups, with removal to isolated areas

5) All Federal Government & many State Governments would remove to secure "safe-areas" for a period

6) Many/Most U.S. Embassy Staffs would be brought to the U.S., at least for a period

Once the group/person or country responsible is identified then SEVERE repercussions would ensue.
In my personal opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The U.S. Would Use A Nuclear Attack On Our Country As Justification To Nuke Those Responsible i fear that if a nuclear weapon was ever detonated in the U.S. A Nuclear war would not be far away.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The U.S. Would Use A Nuclear Attack On Our Country As Justification To Nuke Those Responsible i fear that if a nuclear weapon was ever detonated in the U.S. A Nuclear war would not be far away

I disagree. I can't imagine a country launching an ICBM attack at us, knowing the reprocussions. It would be a terrorist or terrorists who were given the nuke by some means (a russian off of the black market, N. Korea, Iran, etc.) and they would detonate it. And a nuculear war wouldn't ensue even if it was backed by another country. We know that would open pandora's box, and our army is so incredible, we could go in and wipe their government out and set up a new one.

If it turned out to be a state sponsored nuke attack, I think there would be huge restrictions on development of nukes, and none of this "Hey, cut that out" stuff when someone announced they were building nukes, or kick out weapons inspectors.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by tealc
The U.S. Would Use A Nuclear Attack On Our Country As Justification To Nuke Those Responsible i fear that if a nuclear weapon was ever detonated in the U.S. A Nuclear war would not be far away.

It would depend on who did it. The great thing about terrorism (from their perspective) is that they don't have a state or country to attack. We can't nuke them because #1 they are spread out in many different countries/states #2 we'd kill civilians of another countries/states.

If it was another Country that did it, I think the gloves would come off. We'd use tactical nukes, bio, and chemical. If we didn't respond very strongly we would risk coming off as pussies and invite another attack. Plus don't forget who the president is....texas justice.

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by BeHeadR]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't see us ever using bios, the effects are just too unpredictable. You infect a country with ebola, and then just one of their citizens who was there for the attack makes it out of the country, it can start a world epidemic. As for chems, I doubt it. Our legal arsonel is extreamly mighty, and I don't think we'd have to resort to terror tactics like that.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
before the US go off bombing another country in the event of such an act I think it might be a good idea to actually HAVE some evidence of who did it. Otherwise you end up attacking countries who probably played no part in it.

I can confidently predict it will be a country in the middle east with close ties with oil, or someone who Israel doesn`t like too much. Iran, Syria for example... but I would also worry with the US and UK`s past false flag operations you wouldn`t know just who planted what.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   
That statement implies that there was some kind of strategic advantage for us taking out afgahanastan...But I can't think of any off hand.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

The U.S. Would Use A Nuclear Attack On Our Country As Justification To Nuke Those Responsible i fear that if a nuclear weapon was ever detonated in the U.S. A Nuclear war would not be far away

I disagree. I can't imagine a country launching an ICBM attack at us, knowing the reprocussions. It would be a terrorist or terrorists who were given the nuke by some means (a russian off of the black market, N. Korea, Iran, etc.) and they would detonate it. And a nuculear war wouldn't ensue even if it was backed by another country. We know that would open pandora's box, and our army is so incredible, we could go in and wipe their government out and set up a new one.

If it turned out to be a state sponsored nuke attack, I think there would be huge restrictions on development of nukes, and none of this "Hey, cut that out" stuff when someone announced they were building nukes, or kick out weapons inspectors.

as i said earlier i belive that if a nuke was detonated on u.s. spil a nuclear war would be a very large possibility. we are not talking a few thousand dead like the twin towers we are talking millions of peaple. and depending on the city it could have reprocutions in other countrys. a nuke is not some thing we go lightly on. if we found out a specific country was to blame we would almost have to nuke them. we cant just slap them on the hand and say dont do that. and you know as well as i do that if we put restrictions on them making nukes they would do it anyway. we could not let them hit us like that and do nothing it would tell the world we are not willing to risk war so others would take advantage of us.

this is all ofcourse my opinion. i am always open to others opinions so please share your ideas

[Edited on 8-12-2003 by tealc]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

That statement implies that there was some kind of strategic advantage for us taking out afgahanastan...But I can't think of any off hand.

1.US officials brought over the Taliban and treated them as VIP`s. They traveled to Texas to talk over the oil pipeline deal.

2.The Taliban didn`t want to accept the US terms, I think they wanted more money for letting the US companies run the pipeline thru the country to a safe port.

3.Afghanistan is now the biggest producer of Opium and therefore Heroin around the world. The CIA has obviously taken control.

4.The "Leader" of Afghanistan used to work for an Oil company in the US I beleive, or was working on behalf of one.

5.The pipeline deal is now secured.

So.. although the Taliban was a harsh regime that didn`t really consern those willing to make oil deals, until they got greedy.

They aren`t connections leading to the invasion?

oof silly me.. its the terrorists! fancy that..

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
it's all about the M.A.D.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
US Nuked?

I would hope the bad guys would be nice enough to invade, overthrow our corrupt representative republic, install the mechanisms of real democracy pay for rebuilding our entire infrastructue, overhaul our educational system, and provide healthcare, jobs and economic certainty for all our citizens....

You know like we do everywhere we bomb and invade.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I vote RANT for Prez!

Originally posted by RANT
US Nuked?

I would hope the bad guys would be nice enough to invade, overthrow our corrupt representative republic, install the mechanisms of real democracy pay for rebuilding our entire infrastructue, overhaul our educational system, and provide healthcare, jobs and economic certainty for all our citizens....

You know like we do everywhere we bomb and invade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join