It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

November: off-the-charts ATS Growth again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Referencing a previous similar post: www.abovetopsecret.com... November 2003 is the new all-time high for ATS! Monthly page view history: Page-views for November were slightly higher at 4,247,994. Our last 5 days in November were very slow as people found lives outside of ATS with various holiday activities (what were they thinking?). Visits were way up: We had a huge spike in visitors on the 15th of november, with 11,000 more people than normal coming to ATS. But those extra visitors are still just 3.3% of a new monthly peak of 332,175 unique visitors. Bandwidth utilization was only slightly up: During our peaks of traffic, guests were seeing a "lite" version of ATS which is the same as what members see if they pick the "low bandwidth" option in the ATS Store. If we didn't do this, our bandwidth utilization would have been over 120 gigs. I expect December to slump a bit. We're seeing some typical reductions in overall entertainment-styled Internet traffic as people's time online are more destination based as they plan for the holidays and do shopping. You can see the trend in an updated ATS Post History page. (We're also seeing a reduction of "background noise" online, but nothing specific just yet.) So, another big month at the big ATS. Coming soon, some results of our DISC group who have been busy theorizing on how to encourage our new members to participate and help reward and showcase quality posts. [Edited on 3-12-2003 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
And don't forget to click on the ads, folks!

(if you don't like the idea, just click on the ads that you DON'T like! Make them pay for our use of ATS!)

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
so hey, do we get some extra points for kicking novembers ass?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As we continue to grow at such phenomenal rates the same question keeps popping into my head. Even though I see our numbers growing with no end in sight I can't be really amazed unless I have a frame of reference. Is it possible that I can see how we compare to other mega sites like CNN, FOX, government sites, Amazon, etc. etc?

Just curious.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Drudge report: Visits in 7,645,528 IN PAST 24 HOURS Visits in 182,349,036 IN PAST 31 DAYS Visits in 1,893,001,194 IN PAST YEAR (our monthly numbers are 0.2% of Drudge) The Yahoo.com domain experiences about 3.75 billion unique visits per month as of December 2002. So we're about 0.009% of Yahoo.com's traffic. But... For a major city-site like Pittsburgh Live mediakit.pittsburghlive.com... We're running at about 42% of their activity, and they advertise heavily on a local TV station. Or... An e-commerce site I'm familiar with, is getting over $100,000/month in sales, yet we're running at almost three-times their traffic.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Thanks for the info SkOv. Nice to put us into perspective.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Or...

An e-commerce site I'm familiar with, is getting over $100,000/month in sales, yet we're running at almost three-times their traffic.

I'm sure we can sell something. I don't know what we can sell but it doesn't matter. Selling is important, not what we sell.

Great stats.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Wow thats great, here's for more growth to come and i'm sure it will
lol @ 0.009% of yahoo's traffic

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Look for an update at the end of January. December was down a bit due to the holidays, but still about the same as October. January will be our biggest month yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have got a question......

Will these numbers include ATSNN?

If so do you have a breakdown of how many hits ATS got and how many ATSNN got. I don't want you to have to do any extra work for this just wondering.

[Edited on 21-1-2004 by BlackJackal]

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 21 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the info Skeptic. I just wondered how the baby was doing compared to the old site.

top topics

join