It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates and the Bhagavad-gita

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
In perusing the ancient vedic scriptures known as The Bhagavad-gita, I came across this verse....right away, I instantly thought of one man....Bill Gates.

Chapter 16.
The Divine And Demoniac Natures
TEXT 13-15

idam adya maya labdham
imam prapsye manoratham
idam astidam api me
bhavisyati punar dhanam

asau maya hatah satrur
hanisye caparan api
isvaro 'ham aham bhogi
siddho 'ham balavan sukhi

adhyo 'bhijanavan asmi
ko 'nyo 'sti sadrso maya
yaksye dasyami modisya
ity ajnana-vimohitah

TRANSLATION

The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, and I will gain more according to my schemes. So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more. He is my enemy, and I have killed him; and my other enemy will also be killed. I am the lord of everything. I am the enjoyer. I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives. There is none so powerful and happy as I am. I shall perform sacrifices, I shall give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice." In this way, such persons are deluded by ignorance.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I'm interested in the Bhagavad-gita, where can I read more?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Still wanting to know more.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here Dany:
Link:
www.bhagavad-gita.org...

You can also "google" this.

Interpretations are that: interpretations......in such, your opinion and interpretation is noted but based on "what" Darklanser?
Bill Gates is obviously a controversial figure but I, in all honesty, can see no correlation between the ancient Hindu writings of The Bhagavad-gita and him.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It just seemed like Wisdom rather than prophecy to me, I kinda liked it.
I was too lazy to google heheh.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Sorry...I lost this thread a while back.

I was trying for a literal interpretation. The actual translation was posted.

I'll break it down by line why I think it was referring to him.

The demoniac person thinks: "So much wealth do I have today, (An obvious reference to his Windows slogan "What do you want to do today?)

and I will gain more according to my schemes. (He's a schemer alright...always planning the next big thing...or ripping it off from someone else...)

So much is mine now, and it will increase in the future, more and more.
(If he continues to make the same amount of money as he is right now, he will be worth around $40 trillion before he dies.)

He is my enemy, and I have killed him;
(Steve Jobs...and the killing of Apple, sort of...)

and my other enemy will also be killed. (Linux OS)

I am the lord of everything.
(The majority of all computers have some form of Microsoft OS)

I am the enjoyer.I am perfect, powerful and happy. I am the richest man, surrounded by aristocratic relatives.
There is none so powerful and happy as I am.
(nothing to say here that's not been said...richest man in the world for the last 9 years)

I shall perform sacrifices, I shall give some charity, and thus I shall rejoice."
(The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is the largest charitable organization in the US, gave over $500 million last year to various charities)

In this way, such persons are deluded by ignorance. (Someone who is worth $30+ billion dollars can afford to be ignorant...and I'm not talking about intelligence)

[Edited on 12-8-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am sorry but this is a false comparison.
I know its not hip to back Gates, but having read articles on him I think you are totally on the wrong track.

www.timesonline.co.uk...
Surrounded by impoverished mothers and infants sickened by malaria, Bill Gates yesterday gave $168 million (�103 million) for research into malaria, the largest-ever gift by a single individual to combat the killer disease.

But for Mr Gates, the Microsoft tycoon whose sprawling software empire brought him a personal fortune of $43 billion, this gesture is simply part of a greater goal. America�s richest man has declared that before his death he will give it all away to improve the health of the four billion people living on less than a dollar a day.

... not such a monster now is he?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Satanists give money for tax purposes and to advance social policy towards a one world government.

On the other hand even if by accident good is done by giving.

Being a satanist is many things it does not have to mean greed but it often does.

No one is totally service to self except satan and its closest allies.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Bill Gates? many people have wealth, and the fact that the translation to english sort of ryhmes with the windows slogan is probably coincidental.

Bill gates isnt usually associated with having aristocracy friends around him, i think this would better fit some of the other moneylords like rothschilds etc....

find proof.

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok. I confess. I was trying to be funny with this thread. I was just wondering how long it would take to sink in. Aparrently it wasn't funny. Sorry. Just
me.
I was trying to show how far some people stretch their interpretations of ancient texts to encompass something that is in the now......i.e. Bible prophecy...and Mayan calenders.....

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well I'm with you all the way as far as the illustrious me BI$$ Gates, short I know, but theres nothing to be said that hasn't been already.

top topics

join