It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do non-christians explain "miracles"of God???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I have seen miracles (small ones) occur through prayer. I have no explanation except to believe in God's intervention.

They cannot all be explained away as co-incidences!!

How do you non-christians, satanists, aetheists etc explain them??

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   
You willed it?

I believe in God, but don't consider myself a christian as I find them very two faced and selective.

and I don't believe everything in the bible is as they say.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The power of the mind is an extreme force - more than is ever realised. The power of prayer has SHOWN to be effective in helping people geographically distant.

In my opinion - the power of a number of minds can have an overwhelming effect when directed for one common purpose.

I do not subscribe to any religion and so merely think that positive thoughts from a group of people (prayer to many) can have a 'miraculous' appearance.

But in reality, it is just us exercising a gift we have forgotten about.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jubilee
I have seen miracles (small ones) occur through prayer. I have no explanation except to believe in God's intervention.

The mind is a powerful thing.

Excuse me; THE most powerful thing.....

*EDIT*(I just saw Shaitan's reply AFTER
typing mine. Hmmm..... Why do you call
yourself Satan; in Arabic???)

ONE

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Tamahu]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I would like to know which miracles are we to try to write off.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:39 AM
link   
how do i explain them? Scientific curiosity, mind over matter, over exaggerated miracle, natural occurance, ect.

Christians have little grasp of science often, so what seems like miracles to them are usually pretty normal stuff to people who understand nature.

Christians arent the only spiritual people on the planet. Buddists, Muslims, Hindus, Jainist, Pagans, Sihks, Taoists, Shintos, ect..all have thier own gods who answer thier prayers too.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by OXmanK
I would like to know which miracles are we to try to write off.

Me too. Small miracles to you may be nothing to others.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
TAMAHU

I know where my name comes from but it is also a character in a series of books i read.

Whole thing started as a joke with a friend of mine calling hims Faethor and, in the book, only one character is higher than him and that is...Shaitan.

The books are called the Necroscope series and are concerned with "ESPionage" (emp. on ESP), paranormal and vampires. VERY GOOD INDEED!

Sorry to other for OT message!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Show me a miracle that's not farce and misdirection , and I will gladly give you an explanation.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shaitan
The power of the mind is an extreme force - more than is ever realised. The power of prayer has SHOWN to be effective in helping people geographically distant.

In my opinion - the power of a number of minds can have an overwhelming effect when directed for one common purpose.

I do not subscribe to any religion and so merely think that positive thoughts from a group of people (prayer to many) can have a 'miraculous' appearance.

But in reality, it is just us exercising a gift we have forgotten about.

I agree with you Shaitan, although im not religious i believe in God and prayer. All it takes is one thing to create 'faith or belief' in an individual, it becomes like a life line to the brain, and the brain can either process that information as a positive or negative thing. Even Jesus said that all things are possible to those who 'Believe', he didnt say to all those who believe in a specific denomination or even God, he just said if you believe, it can be done.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:11 AM
link   
What miracles? I don't know what anybody is talking about concerning miracles as I have never read about one that sounded the least bit legitamite.

If effects from prayer actually happen, then they are so random as to be useless to anybody wanting such help. Reliability is key for any human to trust another human. Why shouldn't it be the same between a human and his diety?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Don't know. How would we explain any miracles that happened before Christianity, or to people who don't believe in Christ? Maybe Buddha, or Sri Ganesha, or Odin, or the Bogeyman could have brought about a miracle.

What does Christianity have to do with it?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Tell us about these miracles you have seen. I am interested.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
If effects from prayer actually happen, then they are so random as to be useless to anybody wanting such help. Reliability is key for any human to trust another human. Why shouldn't it be the same between a human and his diety?

That's most probably because people don't know about the power of their minds and the Law of Attraction. There are people who can do those things reliably, because of discipline of mind. They don't contradict what they ask for. Contradicting is any form resisting. Doubting it will happen, putting attention and emphasis on the unwanted thing any thought which gives a negative feeling etc...

People in the western world are probably the worst in discpipline of mind.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Healstone... it is already all about trust between humankind and the deity... just look at the fact that people worship God... and then the get heaven... if they don't they go to hell (trust between God and Lucifer was also broken).

This is however the traditional idea, I myself think a bit different about how much praying has got to do with going to heaven etc.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Interestingly enough.....prayer works no matter what the religion.... Therefore, it must logically be concluded that either:

1) All gods exist, and then reward their faithful, yet ignore some...

OR

2) It is caused by the will of those praying, not by answering of said prayers...

Just pick which one you want to go with....

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:37 AM
link   
i dont consider myself christian yet i believe that there is a god and spiritual forces at work in this world that intervene with our pysical lives from time to time regardless of what religion we believe in.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yes Gazrok or:

* people of then saw really the Gods, but they just looked almighty, but weren't, so they are not everywere, so they cannot answer the prayers, but are now in their ships back in the stars...

So the Gods excists only not almighty, not everywhere.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Perhaps the God is a lot different then you all think he is and therefore he will destroy all menkind (Apocalyps) because does God really want 6 billion beings of which just a small percentage understands what all those tens of thousands pages written back then means

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
That's most probably because people don't know about the power of their minds and the Law of Attraction. There are people who can do those things reliably, because of discipline of mind. They don't contradict what they ask for. Contradicting is any form resisting. Doubting it will happen, putting attention and emphasis on the unwanted thing any thought which gives a negative feeling etc...

People in the western world are probably the worst in discpipline of mind.
Wait, what? Simply because somebody would be a doubter would stop a miracle from happening? Why would that stop a miracle from happening if indeed there is an all-powerful diety? Why would his subjects play a role in his action or non-action? Thats not a good answer, IMO. Though it is just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join