It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles article MSN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
encarta.msn.com...

This is one of the lamest journalistic pieces I have ever read. The lady is extremely condescending toward those who believe that maybe some - not all - crop circles may indeed not be hoaxes but rather extra-terrestrial in origin.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'm going to have to agree with the author...as I too have seen them repeatedly demonstrated, and then the final piece....

there is no motive.

Surely they have better means of communicating to either themselves, or us/others, etc.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
personally, i believe there is a bit of truth in all things, so to say its 100% this or that would be an ignorant assumption on the opinion of the woman who wrote that article.

who

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I just got online and saw the same article on MSN, you all beat me to it. I was just about to post about her ignorance and closed mind attitude. I dont think aliens need them to map out our planet, but there may be more to them than we know.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I've been trying to send her an email for the last two days, but her hotmail is full. Weird huh???

This is the e-mail:

Your article on cropcircles on msn left out too many factors to even be worth to publish online. It does not hold water. What about the plant abnormalies that have been found in and around crop circles. What about the magnetic soil found within them and the eyewitness accounts of strange bright lights in the air during cropcircle formations? Why do camera's get static and suddenly fail when in a cropcircle?

And cropcircles have been around for at least since 1678 (Stirlingshire, England) , not 1978. Mel Gibson may have actually been inspired by that 17th century crop circle to create the movie Signs.

Plus there is a researcher who claims to have found evidence of Chinese cropcircles dating to 2500 years ago, near Mongolia (last link).

Here are a few links that should give you more information about cropcircles and anomalies that most probably could not have been caused by any pranksters.

www.cccrn.ca...

www.cccrn.ca...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.paranormalresearchonline.com...
www.bltresearch.com...
www.cropcircleconnector.com...
www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And this is the kind of stuff that keeps the masses ignorant, because it appears in the "in your face" mainstream media...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And she put a link to skepdic.com.. Ohh please!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've never heard of the camera bit...this happened to every camera taken into a given crop circle? Hmm...not buying it...I think the one camera was just on the fritz....and it was a good timing issue....

But, I'm not closed minded completely on the circles...I'd be curious about the camera instance, if you have a link...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Mel Gibson may have actually been inspired by that 17th century crop circle to create the movie Signs.

Mel Gibson didn't make the movie Signs, M. Night Shyamalon (I probably butchered that) did. If you rent the DVD you can see in the bonus he was thinking about making it since he started working on either The Sixth Sense, or Unbreakable, I forget which. (I think the Sixth Sense)

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here are some...

www.mountbaldy.com...
www.cropcircles.org...

www.timestar.org...
www.martinkeitel.com...
www.lovely.clara.net...

Although not yet scientifically documented, the failure of electrical and mechanical equipment in, near, or flying over crop circles occurs so often as to be thought almost "normal" by seasoned investigators. Cameras, recording devices, cellphones and even tractors out in the fields regularly fail to operate in or near some crop circles, particularly when they are new. In some cases compasses will spin wildly or be seen to deviate 10-20� from North. And every year photographers flying over formations experience unexplained malfunctions of their cameras, in some cases finding them to be damaged beyond repair. Also, witnesses in homes near crop circles often report TV, cell phone, smoke alarm and security device interference or malfunction during the nights when it is ascertained a nearby crop was formed

www.bltresearch.com...

www.netowne.com...

Patrick reports that he and fellow researchers who went into the formation on the ground, experienced various equipment anomalies, such as camera failure inside the formation, EMF (electromagnetic frequency) emissions and odd compass movements (three compasses moved the same amount at the same time) as well as an unusual "humming" sound which seemed to emanate from nowhere in particular,
www.caus.org...

I have found some interesting
photographic anomalies on some of the pictures I took (and also
experienced intermittent camera failure while flying over some
formations); the news crew from CTV News had a complete camera
battery failure inside one formation, as well as other audio
link problems with the CBC Newsworld crew,

www.virtuallystrange.net...

Later that morning I met Malcolm Stewart and we went to my local photographic shop where my batteries were certified dead. I bought replacements but retained my old ones after hearing Shelly's story. The bottles duly collected from Avebury Trusloe spiral, I drove to Thruxton where I met Steve Alexander for a flight over the fields. We were both very tired having been up since about 4 that morning, so said little. Casually Steve turned to me and said "I must tell you something strange"; It seems that when we entered the Telegraph Hill formation that morning, Steve had laid his second camera (Nikon FM 5 Volt, using FUJI Super G. ASA 200) on the ground whilst he assembled his pole and took several shots of the formation.
When he had finished he collected the Nikon that had been lying on the ground and walked up the tramline at the top of the formation. The light meter glowed dimly a few times and faded completely. The battery was dead. As Steve told me this tale a familiar shiver went down my spine...(It is this sort of evidence each year that tells me that something beyond our human knowledge and experience is occurring). This was the third camera failure within 24 hours and all connected with the same formation. Fortunately Steve had not thrown out his old batteries and I suggested he should retain and test them. Returning home exhausted later that evening, I resolved that if I did nothing else before tumbling into bed, I must test my `dead` batteries. I put them back in my cameras and lo and behold they were as strong as if they were new. I have used them ever since! Steve rang me the following day to tell me that his defunct batteries has also come back to life!

The following day Paul Vigay went into the formation with his camera, mobile telephone and electrostatic voltmeter. His camera battery (6V) and mobile telephone failed and his electrostatic voltmeter behaved in a most curious manner.
Paul's batteries did not recover but both he and I independently returned to the formation some 5\6 days later with the same equipment. This time it was not affected in any way.

This clearly raises possible health problems for those people who have health equipment requiring batteries and I would strongly advise people thus equipped, to exercise extreme caution when entering certain crop formations.

home.clara.net...

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   

"The people who still think aliens are responsible for crop circles clearly were hiding in their pantries when the inventors of the modern crop circle, two British chaps named Doug Bower and Dave Chorley, first started making them with implements no more mysterious than some rope and a 5-ft iron bar for bending the corn. (They later enhanced their equipment, and ultimately confessed to their hijinx in the early 1990s"

Hmmmmm......can anyone say Plausible Deniability. I for sure can't spell it the moment!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EWom

Mel Gibson didn't make the movie Signs, M. Night Shyamalon (I probably butchered that) did. If you rent the DVD you can see in the bonus he was thinking about making it since he started working on either The Sixth Sense, or Unbreakable, I forget which. (I think the Sixth Sense)

Can't believe I forgot that... Perhaps he did it (the research) together with Shyamalan.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
But that article was kinda different yesterday than today.

There was no mention of the 17th century cropcircle.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I totaly agree with you, TheBandit795

I believe crop circles are indeed real, but then you have the "copycat circles" out there just for show. Having those man made crop circles plunges the whole idea of crop circles in to disarray.

I remember a show maybe a year or two ago, and maybe some of you saw this too, on either TLC or the Discover channel, where the topic was the evidence of crop cirlces. They had a small team from MIT come out to a field, with permission, and try and reproduce the evidence found in authentic crop cricles. The idea was to see how feasible it was to reproduce a crop circle that contains the different types of evidence that authentic crop circles have. They the evidence they were trying to reproduce in the show are:

The laying over of the crops, not folding
Fine iron filing found amoung the crops and top soil
The blowout of the stalk's nodes, indicating radiation or microwave burns
The unexplained electronic failure in the proximity of a crop circle

The whole show was like a myth busters episode. So these MIT students went to work on recreating these anomolies. At the end, they had a magnatron device to burn out the nodes of the stalk and to spit out radiated iron filings(that later did cause the filming overhead helicopter to stall breifly along with cameras dying), and the plank with rope for bending the stalk. The conclusion was that the effort to take to reproduce those effects was a lot, and even unsafe if you were to make your own microwave spewing device.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here are a few very good articles as well for everyone:

First i'd like to mention an article i read several mths ago about some crop circles found in England and Canada, they found that porcupines had been crushed to 1/3-1.5 inches flat and their quills had been broken off. This is really odd because most animals run away and are almost never found inside of a crop circle however, porcupines use their quills when danger is near so these ones obviously didnt run fully expecting this 'presence' to leave it alone. But that didn't happen, Researchers say that a Tremendous Force Crushed these animals is truly an anomoly. Im looking for the story now, if anyone does find that please post it, its quite remarkable.

imageevent.com...

top topics

join