It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seen these photos of Yeti?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Wig

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Interesting photos and story of actual frozen yeti on display in France 1997

“ . . . Yeti de Bourganeuf: this name has been applied to a large corps (2.63 meters) [approximately 8' 7-1/2"], which was exhibited for a short time at a fair in Bourganeuf, France, in March of 1997. A small local magazine had published four photos of the corps [of which we have apparently only three]. The events that followed the publication of these photos, including the discrediting, appeared extremely “fishy.” The specimen in these four photos appear, to fit the description of an almasty, who may have very well have been killed right here in Europe. The yeti of the Himalayas has prolific facial hair like the North American troglodytes, whereas the almasty lack this facial hair, thus exposing their very human external morphology. Myself [Scott Elliott White], and one of the most outstanding historical hominologists - Christian Le Noël, have investigated this affaire and found the discrediting to be pure fabrication. This is, in my opinion, the most relevant photo of a troglodyte to ever “over-come” the authorities, and reach the “public eye” as to the date of March, 1997 . . .”

www.friendsofbigfoot.org...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Replaced external quote with 'ex' tags

[edit on 17/12/06 by masqua]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Too bad the guy with the body dissapeared. There's really not way to even tell if it was a reworked actual body of some organisms, or just some prop made from materials, let alone if it was an actual yeti.

I think that the suggestion that it was an actual yeti is rather ridiculous. How'd the guy showing it off get it? Why'd he dissapear, surely he knew there'd be attention. If he was going to display it in the first place, he'd've displayed it on TV and everything else, had it confirmed, etc. Not show it off in some town in france like some sort of carnival side show, and then dissapear into the night.

The whole story reminds me a bit of the cardiff giant. That was a block of stone that someone carved to look like a giant person that had been petrified, and then showed at side shows. PT Barnum bought it and made it part of his show. This french yeti just screams out 'there's a sucker born every minute', like Barnum said, and got rich off of.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Yeah, it seems a bit strange to me. Why publicise something like this then dissapear into the night. Where are the blocks of ice now? It would be something to be able to defrost and dissect.....but that would be solid proof and we can't have that now, can we

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Interesting photos.

As per usual, the lack of evidence to support the photos is disappointing. If people actually have these things then why disappear off the face of the earth?

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
hmm, i don't if it's real or not although i am leaning towards not.

now that i thikn about it, this story kind of reminds me of the minnisota iceman.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I've seen this creature before. He used to play right tackle for the Dallas Cowboys. He is not dead............they must have drugged him.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Lol.....

this is very uconvincing.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
how ironic is it that whoever takes a picture of a bigfoot uses a camera from 1875.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
yeti? maybe. who knows

Wig

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
If nothing else this thread proves no matter what evidence comes up no matter how good the photos are, people will just say "fake". The only thing to convince these people would be a live specimen or second best a body to disect.

The photo's look very convincing to me, certainly too good to just be written off as fake. I'm filing this under "possible".

I too thought it strange that whoever has this doesn't want to show it to men of science & have it autopsied by a university or something. That's the hardest thing to believe about this story. If it were verified real it would bring in so much more money than a sideshow at a French village fair.

Wig

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedangler
yeti? maybe. who knows

That's a new photo! The BFRO website only has 2 photos
www.bfro.net...

How did you find that photo? What page links to that photo page?

IN an attempt to keep this thread on topic, if you wish to discuss/reply to my questions about this silverstar photo let's do it in the correct thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...
last post
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 18/12/2006 by Wig]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
yeti lives in the snowy mountains of asia, so how come he has so little body fat, and a rather thin undercoat? The specimen in the photo's would have freezed to death in the southern california mountains let alone the subzero himilayas.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I saw these pictures years ago on the internet.
Its hard to tell. It kinda looks like a real dead-thing.
The hands look real, and it appears in one phot he has a penis upturned. The hair looks real. Who knows. Between todays special effects/make-up masters in Hollywood, and the invention of Adobe Photoshop, this stunt can surely be pulled off.
The reality is, when it concerns this photo, is that none of us will ever really know. We can only speculate and imagine.

Wig

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
There is no provenance for the body in the photos, the word "Yeti" (as I take it) has been used purely for effect and synonymously to mean a Yeti - like beast.

These beasts are sighted virtually everywhere on Earth from deserts to forests to the snow capped himalayas. The lack of body fat could mean it is not a from a cold area, but the process of freezing and slow decay could also account for that. See pictures of the Alps Ice Man to see how flesh withers away in frozen conditions.......

ecommerce.iceman.it...

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
There is no provenance for the body in the photos,

Which is precisely why they are worthless. Even if they are real, there's no way to show that they're real, and thus, they're garbage.

Wig

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
WIth respect you're mixing two things up, The body could theoretically still exist and come to light, and be confirmed scientifically to be real, and to be an unknown species. It would still quite likely have no provenance, i.e. no one would be able to say where it came from.

So what I am saying is just because the body has no provenance does not make the photos garbage.

What makes the photos possibly garbage and possibly of interest...i.e. we really can't tell is that the body is not available for examination. Which is a different thing from the body having no provenance.

The reason I talked about the body having "no provenance" was because someone questioned the photos authenticity merely on the fact that it appeared to have no body fat and could therefore not be a Yeti, I was pointing out that the term "Yeti" had merely been used for effect and should not therefore be used against the body being real.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wig
It would still quite likely have no provenance, i.e. no one would be able to say where it came from.

The photo is of nothing without hte body.

So what I am saying is just because the body has no provenance does not make the photos garbage.

The photos are garbage, because we have no way to know anything about the thing that they proport to show.

it appeared to have no body fat and could therefore not be a Yeti,

Indeed. Heck, we can't even tell how much body fat it has anyway based on the photo, or anything.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
the photo i posted above was taken and posted on the coast2coastam website. if you goto photos one of the photos sais yeti in it if i remember correctly...

so thats where i found it and thats where i got the image from.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'm aware that sasquatch like creatures are reported everywhere around the world. They used the term Yeti which I thought implied the creature was found in places where they call sasquatch yeti. So, i'm open to the fact that the creature could have been a primate recovered from another region of the world.

THe animal would have a withered look, but with lot's of loose skin from where the fat once was. But the lack of an undercoat makes me think that this creature was, if real, was recovered from a more temperate or tropical location.

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Also, I feel that the creature could have been real and I am not dismissing that part. Just that it was a creature that was designed to live in very cold climates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join