It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So,anyone heard of project Green Glow lately...me niether

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
WHY AM I POSTING IN A THREAD THAT IS 4 YEARS OLD!!???!!

That is what i was asking when I found my way to the thread linked below...

yes thats right...HERE...in the void...

Let me tell you how i got there...

A few years ao i heard on the news that BA ( British Airways ) were/have started a project into "alternative" propulsion systems called...wait for it...

PROJECT GREEN GLOW

Now i know that around 85% of the members that read this post will KNOW what that pertains to...(the Searl Craft, among others springs to mind, ). And for those that don't know, it is said to be the HIGHLY charged Ionized air surrounding the craft/saucer, GREEN at the bottom going to a sort of pinkish colour at the top.

SEARL CRAFT VID...the guy's got no teeth but MAN can he buid a craft

I think we might SOON see the Slow intergration of the technology (which i believe we already have ) into the mainstream. They MUST already know what they are doing if the name is anything to go by.
So, i did a google search and came up with pretty much nothing, here's what i found
THE OFFICIAL SITE....APPARENTLY
With a ....pic? looks like something you'd find at a rave
I think the guy whose thread i linked up top, cut n pasted from this site

Thats it, not very good huh?
If BA or ANY company is planning to spear-head the intergration of Electrogravitic Propulsion systems or alike, into the mainstream, this could be VERY interesting.
So i'm wondering, why the silence? Why bother mentioning it on the news without any follow up, and a RUBBISH amount of info on line, why mention it AT ALL when it'll be out of the publics minds in week or so..(or maybe that was the idea....ooOOoooh
, they cant say they didnt tell yer then ).

But seriously, i know we've got some GREAT researchers here on ATS and some REAL intellects (you may not know who you are, but i'm SURE you'll all figuer who you are not
). So lets se if we cant dig up some more information about the subject, which in its self seems to be a challange.

We all want our next flight to be in the latest technology going, so lets try and find out WHAT THE BL***Y HELL IS TAKING SO LONG!!

And no, i won't be just sitting back watching you guys do all the work without contributing (as ive seen with quite a few cheeky posters). I'll be doing some research and posting my findings......

But now.....
Right this second...
i'm going to bed......been up all night...quite tired

So cheers in advance peeps
C-YA

[edit on 12-12-2006 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Anomic of Nihilism

Your links, other than ATS, are dead...

...at least in the US.

posted on Mar, 23 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

...at least in the US.

A more interesting take on this is why are you responding to this thread..?

What got you here..? Explain yourself now..!!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Yes, i watched the Horizon documentary on it last night on BBC 4. The guy from BAE Systems that started the research was heavily involved in the programme.

Starting at the beginning, it was called Green Glow because when selling it to his bosses at BAE he had an artist draw some advanced craft as part of the general presentation blurb. When viewing them, he said he needed the pictures "jazzing" up a bit, and to include green glowing lights coming out of the bottom of the craft - hence the name that stuck. So sadly, that part at least was because of nothing other than aesthetics!

As to the content......why was Project Green Glow started? Quite simply, senior figures at BAE had decided we had gone pretty much as far as we can in terms of fixed wings and jet propulsion - if we were going to make the next "leap" then we needed to start some serious R & D. At the same time this decision was being made, NASA also started work on its Breakthrough Propulsion Physics Program. The reasoning being very similar - they worked out that if we are travel to our nearest neighboroughing star and we wished to do it in 50 years of travel, we would require a fuel supply similar in mass to the Sun - clearly not an option, so other means were needed.

Then some Russian scientist (Dr Yevgeny Podkletnov) appeared on the scene saying he had effectively made an anti gravity device. Eveyone scoffed (seeing as it broke the laws of Physics). Experiments to replicate his experiment all failed. Other experiments failed (both at BAE and NASA, as well as some prestigious labs around the world). In point of fact, to this day no one has managed to prove his claims.

After many fruitless years, anti gravity was essentially dropped on the quiet by both BAE and NASA, essentially because it was ruining the careers of many good scientists. Neither BAE or NASA would even appear on the Horizon documentary to discuss this work - according to the original BAE guy this is because no one wants to be publicly associated with it after so many careers were ruined.

So, that appeared to be it. It wasn't feasible and was going nowhere. And then a couple of new developments emerged. Firstly, astro physicists discovered the Universe is still expanding when it shouldn't be (according to conventional Physics). Some other force must therefore be at play and, quite simply, gravity was the only available suspect. This effectively demonstrated that gravity was causing acceleration (at least to some degree). And then the MOD (at Porton Down) made a breakthrough Quantum Gravity Detector that can measure fluctuations within gravity.

So after a few years in the doldrums, gravity control is back on the table.

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Can you post new links as they dont work in UK to.
I came on a bus!

posted on Mar, 24 2016 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I have to agree that control of Gravity will be the single biggest leap humanity can make.

I'd not heard of it until I saw Horizon either

Control of Gravity will be the single biggest thing to change our lives if it ever happens.

posted on Mar, 25 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

originally posted by: BIGPoJo

...at least in the US.

A more interesting take on this is why are you responding to this thread..?

What got you here..? Explain yourself now..!!

I have always been fascinated by the prospect of humans controlling gravity. I am extremely jealous and upset that I do not get to view this documentary simply because I am living in America.

new topics

top topics

join