It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Code in the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have just been caught by a colleague looking at this site while at work, He said I might be intereted in an article he found in the daily mail newspaper, about a code that has been found in the bible which predicted the rise of hitler, the exact dates for 9/11 and a gas attack on New York in 2004. He's going to dig it out for me tonight and if he rembers bring it into work tomorrow.

I'm new to this site so has anyone heard of this code before??????

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by mcoy]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcoy
I have just been caught by a colleague looking at this site while at work, He said I might be intereted in an article he found in the daily mail newspaper, about a code that has been found in the bible which predicted the rise of hitler, the exact dates for 9/11 and a gas attack on New York in 2004. He's going to dig it out for me tonight and if he rembers bring it into work tomorrow.

[Edited on 13-11-2003 by mcoy]

Back in '97 I read "The Bible Code." It claimed researchers, with the aid of computers, had cracked a secret code written into the texts of the bible. Kind of like subliminal programming. I don't discount the possibility.

I do also remember it predicted the assassination of Benjamin Netanyahu. He was the Israeli Prime Minister at the time.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I do dismiss the possibility. The book itself is made 400 years after... and consists out of all kinds of old texts. Those texts weren't with eachother... they were made at different places... at different times... that's also why you see a real story in it...

Therefore that it looks like there is a code in it, is for myself just the confirmation that we have computers, computers which can search for words and then can draw lines between them...

The same happens to every book (yes I know that it is said that it only works for the Bible etc. but that's something I am really not going to buy) hundreds of thousands of books, and the bible looks just like them, a story that's what's it about, even written by menkind.

I think that the so-called biblecode does work for every book, it's just the work of computers.... that's my thought.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
they were made at different places... at different times... that's also why you see a real story in it...

This text wasn't very clear I must admit

I mean that those really old texts were made in different times, different places... and was meant for writing down the story.... not for a secret code, that would also be a bit difficult, considering the texts of then were written by men...

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If I looked at todays news paper over a thousand years. I would be able to develop a code from it I am sure. Dont look into things too much, though it is a possibility. It is not likely.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A good point I also believe that you can make anything you want to mean anything you want to given the right excuses. But I'm still interested in finding out more about this code

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There was a quote from the movie Pi that fits this topic

"If you look for a pattern long enough in a set of data, eventually all you will see is that pattern"

If you look for something long enough your brain starts discarding things that dont support your theory or concept, no matter how valid they are.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The things of God are beyond the thoughts of men who walk the earth. The veil will drop one day.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Yep, even a movie about it....The Omega Code....

However, with the constant revisions and rewritings, and additions, subtractions, and downright false additions to the Bible...it's rather silly to believe that even if there was a code (and it's highly unlikely), it wouldn't make any sense now. It'd be like writing an encoded book, then selectively going through it, and tearing out pages, then stuffing other unrelated pages into it, and expecting a code to still be intact....

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
The things of God are beyond the thoughts of men who walk the earth. The veil will drop one day.

That's the idea of "how can I stay dumb enough so I can't understand other idea's so my ideas stay valid in my mind". And if that doesn't work you get:

"Well God is much smarter then I am, so those ideas against God must be wrong, because they are made by men".

The problem however is that Gods road isn't as difficult as people as you believe they are, that's alright with me

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I believe the first example of finding a code in the bible was using the Torah (Old Testament) which refers to the Five Books of Moses: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. All other attempts at using KJV and Pentateuch should be considered invalid. I've used the program before. It's available on the internet for download..Googl[color=red ]e it.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

That's the idea of "how can I stay dumb enough so I can't understand other idea's so my ideas stay valid in my mind". And if that doesn't work you get:

"Well God is much smarter then I am, so those ideas against God must be wrong, because they are made by men".

The problem however is that Gods road isn't as difficult as people as you believe they are, that's alright with me

That's very witty. But it boils down to a matter of faith. You believe in God or you don't. If you do, you have the understanding that "With God, all things are possible." If you do not believe then there's no discussion to begin with.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe in the Gods, only not in the way like you do.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
I believe in the Gods, only not in the way like you do.

There's nothing wrong with simply agreeing to disagree.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The Bible codes are a crock. Some researches used the same technique for finding the codes with other large books like Moby Dick. They found so called past event's in these books as well.
The thing was that there are so many sequences of code that can be explored that the chances are that the words your looking for will be encoded. So if you wanted, you could probably run a search for 'purple monkey dishwasher' in a large book and it will probably show up. The codes can be diagonal, vertical, patterns all kinds of stuff.

Don't qoute me on any of this, I havn't read about it for a while, but I think its pretty close.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
LOL. Wasn't this what The Matrix was about?
If you looked hard enough you could decipher some of it?

Anything can be read into anything. In these modern times something written in black and white can be interpreted to mean the exact opposite by anyone.

The fact that the Bible was complied by Rome and that it is incomplete means that any code has probably been long washed out, if it was even there at all.
The Bible does have secrets but I reckon they're more spiritual than based on any future physical prophecy.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation
The Bible codes are a crock. Some researches used the same technique for finding the codes with other large books like Moby Dick. They found so called past event's in these books as well.
The thing was that there are so many sequences of code that can be explored that the chances are that the words your looking for will be encoded. So if you wanted, you could probably run a search for 'purple monkey dishwasher' in a large book and it will probably show up. The codes can be diagonal, vertical, patterns all kinds of stuff.

Don't qoute me on any of this, I havn't read about it for a while, but I think its pretty close.

When the Bible Code, indeed said to be deciphered from the Old Testament, predicted that Netanyahu would be assassinated, I figured I'd hold out judgement until that actually happened. It hasn't, so this is the first time I've even thought about it in years. The author probably found a code as mentioned above and saw a financial bonanza in releasing the latest conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
This Bible Code is BS of the first Order
I cant believe any of you even begin to Fall for this.@#*!
do you really need someone to explain why this
is Stupid Beyond Belief

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by straterx
This Bible Code is BS of the first Order
I cant believe any of you even begin to Fall for this.@#*!
do you really need someone to explain why this
is Stupid Beyond Belief

Ah, touche'. Some would say non-belief in God is the ultimate stupid beyond belief. To each his own.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I just wanted to get a general feel of what people felt and knew about this, generally opinions are that the code is false.
so maybe I am stupid for bringing this to light but by asking questions stupid or not I hope to improve my knowledge and understanding of things.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join