It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the Deny Ignorance Steering Committee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Our first committee is organized and ready to roll. The Deny Ignorance Steering Committee (DISC for short) is formed and ready to roll.

The members of the committee include:

MaskedAvatar (member team leader) with Banshee, FULCRUM, Gazrok, goregrinder, ilovepizza, jagdflieger, ktprktpr, magestica, Seekerof, and Tassadar rounding out the list of DISC participants from ATS membership.

Alien (staff team leader) with Toltec, Gryffen, and TheBandit795 rounding out the list of DISC staff participants.

As more than half of members thought some kind of committee might be the best solution to helping define how ATS responds to the growth we've had, and prepares for the growth to come. The DISC will discuss the various concerns of our members (and staff), work out solution ideas, and come up with final recommendations and a timeline for implementation (assuming all is feasible from a cost and technology perspective). Our ultimate goal is to continue building a community everyone can be proud of, from new members who just joined, to old-timers who've seen it all.

If you're not part of the DISC committee, don't feel left out. We're most likely going to maintain the concept and rotate new members and moderators in over-time.

Also, everyone will be able to contribute. We'll create a suggestion box that functions just like the complaint tool, and members of DISC will see all of your suggestions.

(NOTE OF CLARIFICATION: The "member leader" title was important primarily in helping to select the first 10 members to serve on the committee. During the actual functioning of the group, all members are equal.)

[Edited on 11-11-2003 by William]

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Looks like a well-rounded group, both Staff and Members. Good listening ears and creative and analytical brains.

Thanks in advance to the members who will be devoting a little extra time and energy to what goes down at ATS.

What's the next step? I personally look forward to it!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I can not wait to help make ATS a better place.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Team members, look in your forum. Just be aware that posts in your private working forum will not appear in the "Today's Posts" list.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'm heading to bed, but will look more into this tomorrow am, once I get to the airport.

Could someone please u2u me a link to the forum/topic for which this discussion will be taking place?
Thank you....in advance.

I am also looking forward to this with great anticipation and high hopes. I think that the team leaders, for both the mods and members, were/was well choosen and much deserving. I look forward to working with them and the other members of this 'project.' Perhaps we can all come to understand each other better, and in turn, make ATS/BTS a better place and community for all.

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Looking forward to working with all of you, and making ATS an even better place.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
i never get picked for anything *kicks ground*

hehe, good luck yall, start pumpin out good ideas!

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is cool.
I'm glad to be helping out.
Can I be the DISC "muscle"?

-B.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I should start the Murder, Inc in ATS, to remove all dumb posters here.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wish i could be in the committee

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Ah, I was wondering what that DISC forum was for!

Yeah, we are in need of a committee to discuss board issues. Dang, I wanted to be part of this!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
I should start the Murder, Inc in ATS, to remove all dumb posters here.

Well, I'll miss you when you go!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Wow! Neat idea, and congrats to the team!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
(By the way, our first two FSME's are on the DISC team by default... you're part of helping to steer ATS as well.)

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Glad to be of service again guys!

Emm....i wont be on as much as i like for the next couple of weeks as i am on Alert in Germany at the mo!
*yup....i am going back*

I'll keep in touch as often as possible but if u want to put in someone instead of me..thats ok!

see ya soon!
Gryff

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Okay Gryf... you can be first alternate... still with DISC access though.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Okay....thanx William!

Good luck with this!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Congrats to all the members and the select mods who made DISC. Good luck to you all.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Congrats to all. This is a great idea and I expect some quality ideas coming out of this brain trust..

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Well, I'll miss you when you go!

HAR HAR HAR

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join