It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man kills, cooks g.f. -- could voodoo be involved?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Now here's one for the paranormal buffs.

Apparently a New Orleans man strangled his estranged girlfriend, then dismembered her and cooked her parts on the stove and in the oven. While grotesque and straight out of a Stephen King novel, perhaps the most intriguing part of the story was the location where the couple lived:

Shortly after Oct. 1, the couple had rented an apartment together at 826 N. Rampart Street above a voodoo shop, said their landlord, Leo Watermeier, who recently ran a campaign for mayor.

Things that make you go, Hmmmm.....Could the supernatural been involved somehow? Seeing how voodoo practitioners can potentially open doors not needing opening, perhaps there were dark influences in the couple's apartment.

Grusome killing story

Ms. Hall has been in the news quite a bit.

NEW ORLEANS - As police and soldiers patrolled the streets Thursday, many residents condemned the city's threat to clear everyone out of their homes.

"They can't do this," said Addie Hall, 29, an artist and bartender who has been volunteering to clean up the French Quarter. "I'm an American citizen. They're saying I have no rights."

She and others questioned whether the evacuation should extend to neighborhoods that escaped the flooding.

Hall interviewed

An NYTimes correction mentioning a picture of Zachery and Addie

Creep y in retrospect. The actual news photo of the "happy" couple.

Here is the site of the voodoo temple at the alleged address of the couple's apartment

I'd love to hear everyone's take on this. Perhaps some can do research to see if this location has a history of ill-repute.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally Posted By Behindthescenes
I'd love to hear everyone's take on this. Perhaps some can do research to see if this location has a history of ill-repute.

As far as I know, nothing like this has ever happened there. It's not too far from me, maybe 10 blocks, so I'll ask around, though I doubt there is anything to be made of it. That place really isn't a serious voodoo shop, either,
. It's a tourist trap! The really voodoo shops are not in the FQ.

Sad to say, I was pretty shocked by this, as I saw the guy not too long ago, as he was always up and down streets being a delivery guy. He never seemed to be a psychopathic body chopper, though I never spoke to him.

Very sad. :shk:

*Edit - What else is sad, is that I can't get my BB code tags straight.

[edit on 10/18/06 by niteboy82]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Things like this happen everywhere, not so long ago a man in england cut a womans breasts off and she died (unsolved as of yet).
Read up on Ed Gein if you dont know him, He influenced silence of the lambs and texas chainsaw massacre, he was really messed up and there has been a film just about him!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well, as far as i know voodoo has nothing to do with cannibalism. at least in so far as catholicism does as well. by that i mean the catholic belief of the bread and wine being transmuted into flesh and blood.

Both have, as the centerpiece of some of their ceremonies, a ritual sacrifice and consumption of flesh and blood.

source: www.religioustolerance.org...

suffice it to say that what the man did is horribly grotesque i opine that perhaps it's not a good idea to insinuate, even unintentionally, that any religion had a direct influence on such an event without first referencing one's source material for that insinuation.

optimus

[edit on 18-10-2006 by optimus primal]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:16 PM
link   
He may have become unhinged because of things he's seen/done in afghan,iraq.post war stress disorder?

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
What this guy was definitely macabre. Cutting up his victim like Ed Gein and Jeffry Dahmer did. I've seen the movie about Ed Gein. It was better than I thought it would be. And with the exception of two scenes, everything in that movie pretty much took place as it really happened. I've read three full sized books on the case, including one that was written by Judge Robert Golmar, the one who presised over Ed Geins trial in 1968, eleven years after his arrest for the murder of Bernice Worden. When they found her body in a shed attached to his house, Mrs. Worden was headless, strung up with her feet pointing at the ceiling, and gutted out like a deer. Nice guys, one and all. NOT!

top topics

join