It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the 3 biggest hoaxes ever!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
An interesting SCIENTIFIC research on crop circles, specially ANOMALIES of UNKNOWN origin:

www.bltresearch.com...

I doubt some no-name country boy bored to death in some forgotten village is capable of producing something like this.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
biggest hoax ever = life has meaning

Now that one i like

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod

Moon landing a hoax?...no. Go buy a nice telescope...look at the moon...you can see the American flag on it...there is your proof.

Have you tried this? I have heard people say this, and it seems to be spreading as the truth. I don't think you can see the American flag with a telescope. Find me a recent picture of the American Flag on the moon.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Crop circles are fake. People couldn't explain them at first so they make up some supernatural force to explain it. They thought they were to advanced for humans to make. Humans can make them, it has been proven time and time again. Therefore, logically it makes sense that they were always made by humans.
But a lot of people still like to cling to the supernatural explanation.

People used to think at one time the lightning was caused be the gods throwing down lightning bolts. Now we know how lightning occurs. Does it make sense to think that maybe some lightning bolts are still caused by the gods throwing them? I think not.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You forgot John Titor!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My biggest 3 hoaxes would be:

1) The Turin Shroud
2) Piltdown Man
3) Organised Religion

The last is either a hoax or a conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
id have to say the WWF is the biggist hoax ever...im mean some people actually believe its real

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Crop circles are fake.

So this, this, this and this are fake and the people who actually saw ufo's forming cropcircles are wrong???

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Crop circles are fake.

So this, this, this and this are fake and the people who actually saw ufo's forming cropcircles are wrong???

yup, sounds about right.

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You're saying that quite easily aren't you??? Can you prove that all that stuff is fake???

posted on Nov, 14 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
1. the jesus myth.
2. the satan myth.
3. i was just struck by lightning.

the official nine one one story has GOT to rank up there. ditto the whole 'war on(for control of) drugs', and the 'war on(for) terror'.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 07:21 AM
link   
That people are even responding to a person which says that all those farmers do it for attention and that Loch ness is fake. I think a lot of people have better things to do then listening to those non fundamented ideas. Greetz.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I've definitely took a wrong turn somewhere. Isn't this supposed to be human 3d planet? Hmmmm.

Anyone that thinks crop circles are a hoax has not done even the slightest bit of research. Laziness is one thing but completely ignoring the obvious is quite another. It would of course take volumes to complete all the evidence of crop circles so I won't go there. But I will add a few facts to the party of lazy mindedness.

-Up to 2000 designs have been reported in India since 1986 (that's just one country).

-Crop circles have been documented in 26 countries.

-Designs have also been found in sand, snow, trees, corn, sunflowers, and even blueberry bushes (and even ice).

-Chinese researcher has discovered, close to the Mongolian border, 2,500-year-old stone circles in the same patterns as modern crop circles

-Hundreds of stone circles dating back thousands of years have the same designs (from England to Mexico)

-During 1999, over 140 crop formations were made in England (One Year in only One Country).

-Some crop circles as big as 3 football fields formed overnight, perfectly on hilly terrain

-Well over 9,000 circles have been documented

-Confirmed evidence of circles as far back as 1648

Refute that. If it's a hoax it's got to be one of the largest hoaxes ever!

Edit: And what is the point. There is no media attention. There's no money in it. There is no point to continue the hoax. But yet, it has increased exponentially in the last 2 decades. There's a hole in your logic bucket.

:wm2:

[Edited on 11-15-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
You're saying that quite easily aren't you??? Can you prove that all that stuff is fake???

Doesn't make a lot of sense, pretty much very low odds of it being aliens. Many other good explanations. Seems to me that I don't need to prove they are fake, but you need to prove they are real.

posted on Nov, 15 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa
I've definitely took a wrong turn somewhere. Isn't this supposed to be human 3d planet? Hmmmm.

Anyone that thinks crop circles are a hoax has not done even the slightest bit of research. Laziness is one thing but completely ignoring the obvious is quite another. It would of course take volumes to complete all the evidence of crop circles so I won't go there. But I will add a few facts to the party of lazy mindedness.

-Up to 2000 designs have been reported in India since 1986 (that's just one country).

-Crop circles have been documented in 26 countries.

-Designs have also been found in sand, snow, trees, corn, sunflowers, and even blueberry bushes (and even ice).

-Chinese researcher has discovered, close to the Mongolian border, 2,500-year-old stone circles in the same patterns as modern crop circles

-Hundreds of stone circles dating back thousands of years have the same designs (from England to Mexico)

-During 1999, over 140 crop formations were made in England (One Year in only One Country).

-Some crop circles as big as 3 football fields formed overnight, perfectly on hilly terrain

-Well over 9,000 circles have been documented

-Confirmed evidence of circles as far back as 1648

Refute that. If it's a hoax it's got to be one of the largest hoaxes ever!

Edit: And what is the point. There is no media attention. There's no money in it. There is no point to continue the hoax. But yet, it has increased exponentially in the last 2 decades. There's a hole in your logic bucket.

:wm2:

[Edited on 11-15-2003 by uIVIa]

Give me some links to these.

I would like to see some photos of these 2000 crop circles and of the other things you state.

[Edited on 15-11-2003 by greenkoolaid]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I would like to see some photos of these 2000 crop circles and of the other things you state.

Just do a search for "crop circles" on any search engine. I don't have that kinda time. But to start you out here is a site with 600 crop circle links. Have fun.

600 Links

[Edited on 11-16-2003 by uIVIa]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
My 3 biggest conspiracies of all time are:

1. That anyone under the age of 40 can possibly be wise.

2. That satan doesn't exist.

3. That conspiracy websites exist so that people can post in them all the time and deny them or blatantly support them.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:14 AM
link   
thank you saphire, atleast someone knows

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by uIVIa

Just do a search for "crop circles" on any search engine. I don't have that kinda time. But to start you out here is a site with 600 crop circle links. Have fun.

600 Links

I have looked at a lot of crop circle information. That is what actually brought me to ATS in the first place. And so far my conclusion has been that they are fake. But I will look at some of your sites.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   

I have looked at a lot of crop circle information. That is what actually brought me to ATS in the first place. And so far my conclusion has been that they are fake. But I will look at some of your sites.

Fair enough. I'm not here to provide proof or make you believe in something you don't want to. My only suggestion is to delve just a little deeper into the stories behind some of the circles. There are many such stories that would make it impossible for the circles to be faked with string and boards. Not to mention the fact that the stalks of the crops can not do what they do under that senario. Check out the documented stalks and how the twist, blow out, bend and such. Logic dictates that the stacks would not do this under the "faking" senario. However, it is plausible that technology such as microwaves could be used. But then we get back to the "what's the point". All that to put out a movie that flopped. Nah.

Here's my take for what it's worth. The circles are made by conscious thoughtforms. It is a disclosure for the human race. It's the disclosure of the science behind the physical realm. A revelation of sorts.

Seeing that you are interested in this phenomenon and not just debunking for the sake of debunking then you may enjoy the following link. Doing a little research will go along way. Will it change your mind? I don't think that matters. But it may provide additional food for thought.

The Science of the Circles

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join