It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christ is real but are you...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
www.freedomdomain.com...

a little something to whet your appetite...

and please fell free to respond with questions comments or criticisms...

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Nice piece of information... I am not really convinced however... because I have the feeling this is kind of exagerated...

3. Mushrooms (Particularly Aminita Muscaria) : Yes these little things were
also quite a wonder. Where did they come from. The ancient people had no
immediate concept of spores. So a mushroom was considered a "virgin birth".
Also they immediately noticed that mushrooms came after the rains and they
would pick them in the early hours of the morning. This was the "MANNA
FROM HEAVEN" that the Israelites would gather. The word "Manna" means "What is it". Well, after consuming it you would probably be wondering "What is
it" as you were talking to God.

If we look at the Zohar Zohar then we have to say that it weren't mushrooms... but that the Manna was really produced... and mushrooms neither rise in desert... Manna did. Mannamachine

The text which I gave you describes a Machine which could make the Manna. Just take a look.

I don't think much of the religions is really due to natural forces... but I will explain later... now I have to go to family... the link did make me think, thanks

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Well... if you follow the beliefs of that page, you'll end up knowing very little about the Christian religion you profess... or anything else.

A few striking blunders:

The "Passover" is the Sun passing over into the Winter Solstice from the Fall Equinox. This too was borrowed from the Hebrews who borrowed it from the Egyptians

A neat trick, considering that "passover" meant the angel of death passing over the Hebrew children while killing the Egyptian ones (it says so clearly in the Bible) and that Passover is celebrated during the spring.

And then there's:

As a matter of fact,
the "Pyramid" in Egypt, was a representation of the "Volcano". "PYRA" meaning "Fire". The Volcano God's name was "Volcanus". He was pictured to be at the center of the volcano hammering metal like a metalsmith. The sparks from the hammer smashing the metal are pictured as lightning. The sound is hundering.
The image is Thor and the hammer with lightning bolts.

...where the author manages to completely mix up several civilizations and serve them up in a theological soup, regardless of what the original people beleived. (The volcano god was Vulcan, not "volcanus." The sparks aren't lightning (he's forging thunderbolts and lightning for Zeus and he doesn't have the power to throw them. Thor isn't associated with volcanos.

The author also conveniently ignores the cultural stages in the development of the pyramid which show it clearly isn't designed to emulate a volcano. The original tomb became a masaba (bench) which led to layered formations in a triangular shape, which led to step pyramids which led to pyramids. If they'd meant 'volcano', you'd have had a nice round cone-shape from the get-go.

And the association of "Pyramid" with "Pyrus" is (sorry to be so blunt) just plain ignorant. The original was an Egyptian word; pyramid is derived from the Latin word 'pyramis' which describes the pyramidal figure. It refers to an older Greek word that described the shape (note: they have different words for 'volcano-shaped') and that refers to a still older Egyptian word "pimar")

His ultimate conclusion (and he was kicked off the team for his opinions) was that Jesus was a Mushroom consumed by the Essenes and covered up to keep the
Roman authorities in the dark about the fertility cult of the Essenes.

Much as I love the concept that Jesus was a mushroom (and kept in the dark and fed on ... waste products), I'm afraid the author of this page has been smoking WAY too many banana peels... and not doing their homework.

Particularly "not doing their homework."

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Those are some radical views on religion. Alot of them are valid though IMO. The only problems is that they stand on just as much of a basis as current views of religion. Its all in how an individual chooses to accept the information presented to him. Some christians will take that information, some of it clearly true, and throw it out the window because it doesnt agree with there views. Some would be willing to accept it and incorporate it into their views. I would have to say that not all of it is valid. Most of it is just an opinion derived off of information that we really dont fully understand. But isnt that basically what every religion is. Someones own opinion?

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
When I eat mushrooms,,I can talk to the Easter Bunny!!!! (*and i'm not talkin Portabellas!)

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
No, I'm not real. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You could say the image at top is ancients man first effort to say no to drugs???

The only problem I have with the site is that a majority of the links offers something to sell, which in and of itself states nothing about the content per, say. But for the record this link led me to some information, which I felt was very interesting, and worth reading.

www.freedomdomain.com...

This link as well had some interesting points...

www.freedomdomain.com...

As well as this one...

www.freedomdomain.com...

With respect to the article in general I would agree that Hallucinogens were commonly used in the past as a way to achieve altered states of awareness. Have even
heard of citations in which this matter is related to the author of revelations as a result an important matter for the open minded to take into consideration.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   
that is a contradictions of judgements of substances, mainly done for profit not for the individual's health concerns...

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
i dont agree about jesus being a mushroom but i think he used them with his deciples they were popular during the times with some people, amanita muscaria have been used by all kinds of cultures for thousands of years.
also i think the great pyramid(if thats whats meant by the pyramid in egypt) was built by an older civilization than the egyptians and they just took it over as tombs. thus it could have bene built in worship of the volcanoe god, maybe they existed at a time when the mediterrannean was not there, and they built the sphinx, aswell as the one that was dscovered in the mediterranean and they were also the people on crete because the mediterranean flooded everything but crete

posted on Nov, 9 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
but it was done at a different time in our development as a species...

top topics

join