It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Debunk this Theory?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Where are we from? How and when did we get here? How do we fit into the general scheme of things in the universe?

It’s not about our recent history, but how we may have come to inhabit this planet hundreds of thousands of years ago. Doubtless, my theory would seem pretty extreme. In the realms of science fiction one would say. But could anyone challenge it and throw it out of the window just because one's perception isn’t molded to accept that which does not sound logical?

To begin, I need say that I would be quoting from some of my threads, which I have posted earlier. And I’m going to make this as short as possible.

So here goes:

The Universe

The Universe is so huge in fact that we’ll have to play around with scales so one can get a better idea.

Let's imagine that the entire universe that we have seen in all the worlds telescopes, all the galaxies, all trillion of them, extending out 13 billion light years in every direction is shrunk down to the size of a golf ball.

If we do a volume calculation, the actual universe contains 10 to the power 60 of those golf balls! Wow, I guess we didn't shrink things down far enough, but this will have to do. So how big a volume would 10 to the power 60 golf balls fill up? Try a sphere 850 light years across! So imagine a mass of golf balls that big, and each one of those golf balls contains all the stars and galaxies that we can see through our telescopes!!
Link

Intelligent Life in the Universe

Now in all this lets see if there’s any intelligent life in this huge universe…

For arguments sake, lets imagine that primitive life happens once in the lifetime of a trillion galaxies, and out of those only one in a trillion ever evolves out of its womb planet into a space-faring civilization. In this example then we are still left with an astounding 10 to the par 75 advanced societies - more alien cultures than the number of atoms composing planet Earth!

Again, for some perspective on such a gargantuan number, there are more advanced civilizations partying it up around the galaxies than there are atoms in every single grain of sand on all the beaches and deserts in the world, and then some.

Link

So now we have a universe that could be teeming with millions of technologically advanced civilizations. If you agree, then read on….

Star Wars

Eons ago, a war ensued between some of these advanced civilizations. ‘Star Wars’ in the present day context. Probably this war of attrition and domination continued for thousands of years until one of the races was pushed to the brink of annihilation and withdrew to the outer reaches of the galaxy, into the Solar System.
Link

They came in huge space ships, which probably are some of the moons in the Solar System, that bear mute testimony to this exodus. They settled on Mars, Planet X (The Asteroid Belt), the Earth and the Kuiper belt, similar to the Asteroid Belt, beyond the orbit of Uranus. They constructed vast underground cities on planets and some of their moons to avoid detection.

Then the pursuers finally caught up with them. The war continued and Mars (probably the seat of power) was finally destroyed (which is now the Asteroid Belt). Another small planet or a large moon was destroyed which is now known as the Kuiper Belt, situated beyond Uranus. And then war finally came to Earth where the pursuit ended. Atlantis was destroyed and with it the last vestiges of an ancient but advanced civilization.
Link

Before this happened, life on Earth flourished. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, this race that had established a foothold on Earth had artificially mutated a species of primate, which hastened the development of the human race, ‘in their likeness’. If this had not happened then we would perhaps still be thousands of years behind where we are now.

The Future
And now we as a race, descendents of that once powerful and advanced civilization, have taken that small but important step to reach out for the stars ourselves. Would history be repeated?

[edit on 14-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Uh……… It seems to me that you have thought A LOT about this subject. And you hold your argument well, but they theory that we inhabited the earth millions of years ago, doesn’t really make sense. Because, if we did then why do we have different “models” of humans, like Cro-Magnon and homo erectus, and if we did then where did all the big and fancy technology that got us here go? And why can’t we build the same technologies if we did before? Now in my opinion the theory that we were assisted in evolving and the actual creation of humans by outside sources is a good one. I don’t know if that is via aliens or via god or something else, but I don’t think we could have so many “unnatural” anomalies and unexplained occurrences in early human history not to have been.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Mega parsecs in distance, is what your painting a a picture of. A nice one at that, great thread and source threads. Another one of those posts I'll be keeping in my favs at least.

Thanks for the outstanding presentation.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Nice idea for a sci-fi story but ........ where's the evidence? There isn't any.

And there is no credibility in coming up with a hypothesis and then looking for evidence which may be interpreted as supporting said hypothesis (which is what the likes of Hoagland etal do).

The space war theory is only valid if an examination of the evidence results in such a theory being the most probable explanation.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Uh……… It seems to me that you have thought A LOT about this subject. And you hold your argument well, but they theory that we inhabited the earth millions of years ago, doesn’t really make sense.

It might not make sense but there is evidence that it happened.

www.forbiddenarcheology.com...
www.mcremo.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

It might not make sense but there is evidence that it happened.

www.forbiddenarcheology.com...
www.mcremo.com...

Cremo is a Hindu creationist. You might as well cite Pat Robertson as your ridiculous "evidence."

If you cared to look, you would find complete and utterly damning refutations for practically everything Cremo says, and I do mean everything, including some claims he's made about himself, all over the internet.

Try here, for example:
Antiquity of Man Pseudoscience links

Cremo himself has no training or even scholastic experience at all in the field he feebly attempts to influence, not even a freshman course in Anthropology. The man is a dropout that eventually aged past hippiedom and nailed a job writing crapola for an American Hindu institute out in California.

Harte

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
So now we have a universe that could be teeming with millions of technologically advanced civilizations. If you agree, then read on….

You were fine up to there... but it also means that they could have existed at any point in time... not that they're all here all at once. Suns and solar systems have died and reformed many times.

Eons ago, a war ensued between some of these advanced civilizations.

...and your evidence of this is...?

They came in huge space ships, which probably are some of the moons in the Solar System,

There's no evidence that these bodies are artificial or have been modified.

They settled on Mars,

Only if they lived in sheltered cities.

Planet X (The Asteroid Belt),

Not enough mass there to make a planet ... even one as small as Pluto.

the Earth

No evidence.

and the Kuiper belt, similar to the Asteroid Belt, beyond the orbit of Uranus.

Erm, perhaps you might want to go read more about the Kupier belt.

They constructed vast underground cities on planets and some of their moons to avoid detection.

We're talking civilizations and technologies that could travel long distances and identify inhabitable planets at long distances; super-advanced from what we have.

Making things underground to "avoid detection" only works if you throw out your tech and use eyeballs only to survey. We can currently detect underground facilities with spy satellites. Unless they hit the Galactic Stupidity Field when they arrived here, we can assume that this wouldn't work.

Then the pursuers finally caught up with them. The war continued and Mars (probably the seat of power) was finally destroyed (which is now the Asteroid Belt).

Mars, I should point out, is still around. The reason that it has almost no atmosphere is because its core is cold and the solar wind blasts away most of the atmosphere. It also doesn't have much gravity.

The rubble that's the asteroid belt doesn't contain planetary fragments.

Another small planet or a large moon was destroyed which is now known as the Kuiper Belt, situated beyond Uranus.

You might want to look up the Kuiper Belt in a reliable source.

And then war finally came to Earth where the pursuit ended.

They can travel all the way to Earth but the Mass Stupidity Field hits so that when they see they're outnumbered and all they don't jump into ships and run off?

Erm... no.

Atlantis was destroyed and with it the last vestiges of an ancient but advanced civilization.

I'd recommend reading up on geology and on anthropology and paleolithic civilizations.

Before this happened, life on Earth flourished. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, this race that had established a foothold on Earth had artificially mutated a species of primate,

You might want to read up on primate evolution on Talkorigins.org. Good record of sequential fossils that show how primates evolved and when they evolved.

And you neglected to account for the five great extinctions and other data.

I don't mean to sound cruel. It would certainly make a good comic book or a good "B" scifi movie. It's a bit too much like Star Wars/Battlestar Galactica to do a tv series about unless you had a really compelling hero and cast. But it's not plausible as reality because you have to ignore the basic anatomy of the solar system and the universe (and its history and the evolution of stars) and you have to ignore all the fossil evidence around AND you have to ignore all the evidence of human cultures around the world.

...and then you have to ignore all the writings of the ancient cultures, including the other Greeks and Egyptians and other civilizations who wrote histories and documents long before Plato put down his fable of Atlantis.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Very nice theme for a sci-fi book! The total lack of archaeological evidence debunks it as a theory but very great story potential if you fleshed it out more.

And anyone who thinks Cremo has credibility.....Harte said nuff for me

And Byrd said more than nuff, little sharp today eh?

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Byrd appears to finally be tiring of repeatedly answering the same flighty beliefs day in and day out in thread after thread after thread after thread after thread after thread ... ad infinitum.

I onced asked her how in the H. she could do this without finally getting snippish, since anyone can read from my posts that I tire of this quite quickly.

Guess she's finally cracking. Sometimes, rude is best IMO. Thing to do really is just throw a bunch of links up to previous pontifications on theses exact same subjects when somebody chimes in with some alien race becoming Atlantis and us, or any of the other multitudes of repeated and asinine "theories" that come up here reiteratively. But I guess the problem is that there are so many similar discussions that a list of links would overwhelm newbies and might tend to just run them off. Such a result would be most unfortunate since I take great delight in educating the less fortunate among us, even if such education is at the point of a sword, so to speak.

Anyway, Byrd struck a chord with me with her reference to the Galactic Stupidity Field. I'll endeavor to discover more about this field heretofore. I'm pretty sure it exists, after all, I gamely stumbled out of this very field myself a decade or so ago. Oddly enough, now that I think about it, that was about the same time that I tired of daily bong sessions. Purely coincidental, I'm sure!

harte

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Cremo is a Hindu creationist. You might as well cite Pat Robertson as your ridiculous "evidence."

Thanks for the link Harte.......there is alot of information contained in the link....can you point to a few that specifically refute cremo's assertions? Im not doubting there are many.... as with any controversial idea there will always be critics of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

Thanks for the link Harte.......there is alot of information contained in the link....can you point to a few that specifically refute cremo's assertions? Im not doubting there are many.... as with any controversial idea there will always be critics of it.

Use the "search" function of your browser with the word Cremo in it while you have that page loaded. If you have Internet Explorer, you'll find the "search" under the "edit" tab.

That site is sort of a link clearinghouse. A tiny amount of effort on your part using google will also return you a multitude of refutations.

Harte

[edit on 9/14/2006 by Harte]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's a few more links:
home.austarnet.com.au...

www.talkorigins.org...

www.xmission.com...

www.skeptictank.org...

You might also look into some of the so-called pieces of "evidence" which Cremo uses to bolster his sophomor(on)ic ideas, such as the Coso artifact,
the Ica Stones, and other things (crap supposedly found in coal mines, human and dinosaur footprints found together, etc.)

Harte

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Man i really wanna see that movie!

Mars blowing up in Dobly Digital Surround Sound would be amazing!!

lol

Wyatt43

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   

The war continued and Mars (probably the seat of power) was finally destroyed (which is now the Asteroid Belt).

Sorry for the screw up here. That should read NOT 'Mars', but Planet 'X' that was destroyed (which is now the Asteroid Belt)
My apologies!

[edit on 14-9-2006 by mikesingh]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mod Edit - fixed quote

[edit on 15-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I know this will sound odd to many, but in my view, we don't actually inhabit the planet. We are the planet.

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You were fine up to there... but it also means that they could have existed at any point in time... not that they're all here all at once. Suns and solar systems have died and reformed many times.

Yes. Systems have come and gone. So your point is..?

Eons ago, a war ensued between some of these advanced civilizations.

...and your evidence of this is...?

Obviously I don't have compelling evidence. In the same vein, is there incontrovertible evidence that the universe started with a 'big bang'?

There's no evidence that these bodies are artificial or have been modified.

Only time will tell. Lets get there first for an in-depth exploration. (pun unintended!)
By the way, do we know how the Moon got here? And if so, your evidence?

Only if they lived in sheltered cities.

I did mention underground cities. Could have been sheltered. And who knows, Mars may have had much richer oxygen content then.

Planet X (The Asteroid Belt),

Not enough mass there to make a planet ... even one as small as Pluto.

Not enough mass NOW. But we're talking about tens of thousands of years ago. Most of the mass could have been ejected at great speed and 'lost'. Much of it could have hit Jupiter.

Erm, perhaps you might want to go read more about the Kupier belt.

Thanx. Done that 'eons' ago!! So what Wikipedia says is..

It appears that either the current residents of the Kuiper belt have been created closer to the Sun or some mechanism dispersed the original mass. While the question remains open, the conjectures vary from a passing star scenario to grinding of smaller objects, via collisions, into dust small enough to be affected by Solar radiation.

Conjectures. So there's no scientific proof too, as to the origins of the Kuiper Belt.

Making things underground to "avoid detection" only works if you throw out your tech and use eyeballs only to survey. We can currently detect underground facilities with spy satellites.

Says who? What do we know of 'their' tech? And how deep can spy satellites look? How about underground cities on Mars and the Moon? Have we looked with spy satellites there?

Mars, I should point out, is still around.

Apologies! My fault. This should have read 'Planet X' and NOT Mars. I've corrected this in a later post.

They can travel all the way to Earth but the Mass Stupidity Field hits so that when they see they're outnumbered and all they don't jump into ships and run off?

You can't run off if you're cornered!

I'd recommend reading up on geology and on anthropology and paleolithic civilizations.

Read plenty. But there are numerous surprises from ancient history that don't fit into the natural curve.

Before this happened, life on Earth flourished. Hundreds of thousands of years ago, this race that had established a foothold on Earth had artificially mutated a species of primate,

You might want to read up on primate evolution on Talkorigins.org. Good record of sequential fossils that show how primates evolved and when they evolved.

Darwin! So that's a theory too, right? Not a law of evolution!

So, much of ‘scientific knowledge’ of evolution and the history of the universe is conjecture based on human logic. What do we know of black holes, gravity, evolution, pulsars, Quasars, (darn! You name it)? Pretty little. We talk a lot about it as though we have all the answers. But the fact is we know little. It’s all conjecture. As I mentioned earlier, we don’t even know how the Moon got here!

And try This Interesting read.

But probably this will be debunked too as nonsense and science fiction. Because there’s no scientific proof.!!

[edit on 15-9-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I vote for GradyPhilpott's, ".... we don't actually inhabit the planet. We are the planet. "

For physical man the outside world consists of separate, physical objects. Physical man challenges others to prove him wrong. Physical man cannot do else but look outside to experience that ouside world, his reality, using his five, linear senses only.

Physical man's history then is progressing in a linear timeline. Regarding his evolution and origin, in this respect physical man will look for physical proof that might be hidden somewhere out there, in that physical, outside world.

At some stage in his linear timeline, progess of physical man's technical evolution finally reaches a level that enables him to travel by means of physical aircrafts, to the moon and the planets.

Physical man's quest for planets in his solar system that support physical life, with conditions that will meet with the physical requirements to survive, fails. Only by creating these necessary conditions artificially, on or below the surface of a planet most suitable, physical man could build a space colony for him and his kind.

Spiritual man, however, thinks different and looks in other directions, inward bound instead of outward bound.

Spiritual man understands that physical man and the outside world consist of consciousness, pure energy with electromagnetical qualities that may form matter. He understands that man (sometimes referred to as microcosmos) and everything around him (macrocosmos) in its pure form are conscious energy, able to form interrelated units, matter, dependent on and influencing each other.

For spiritual man time and space don't exist, he doesn't need physical craft to travel, nor a physical body to survive.

Warm regards in the Light of Eternal Peace & Love.

Nescio

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
that thing about the giants at the bottom of the page in the link provided by mikesingh, was interesting. This really doesn't have anyhting to do with the original topic but more about this topic of the giants. In the bible it talks about giants in more that one place. Including genesis. It says the sons of gods married the daughters of man. And those people where interpreted to be giants. they were called nephilims. Heres a wiki article about them.

en.wikipedia.org...

so i guess this could go along with the original topic. What if the nephilims were really aliens? And they cross breaded with the daughters of man to create the modern day human. Like the daughters of man mentioned in the bible could have been cro-magnums or another primitive species of man and with the dna or what ever aliens have for a genetic code mixing with the humans created this ew species called homo-sapien.

[edit on 15-9-2006 by spaceman16]

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Isn't that the basic plot for Battlestar Galactica?

Life here began out there?

posted on Sep, 15 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
i dont know, i've never seen the show, sorry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join