It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Language. Subliminal Influence. Caution: This may alter the way you think.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It is interesting that you call yourself esoteric knoledge, since the oganizations that employ such things (esoteric knoledge = secret knoledge), are known for intentionally spreading propaganda, and misinformation to the outsiders, and to those of the lower ranks.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
interesting topic. interesting way of looking at things

posted on Sep, 3 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
bounce ... for fishing purposes of newest contributors..

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
This is one of those threads I cherish because they intend to give us a different perspective.

While there are many subjective ways to interpret phonetics and the construction of the English language (which I truly believe is Ing Soc, but started more around 1498 rather than 1984) I would like to present, perhaps, a primer of sorts...

"I Miss You"

Speak the phrase.

Then speak it slower..."I'm is you".

If one considers that social manipulation is based on insuring that the individual is focused on you and what you say then the above implicates the english language as a subliminal tool. As well, everyone should be concerned everytime a pronoun is presented.

I could go more in depth but I shall wait for response to this.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
What happens at a heist?

"behold, i come like a thief in the night"

at heist
atheist.

Context needs to be given here.

If the English language was formative during the reign of the Roman Catholic rule then the association of such a term (anti-church) would have to be given a sociological detriment.

Subliminal context...and I am interested in the etymological record of the term "heist"...is fascinating if it was understood back in the day...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
unicorn
popcorn
soda pop
* soda backwards *
ados
a dose
crack!!

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
I have always been fascinated by subliminal seduction. No wonder it works so well in advertising.

Now if so much of what goes on is subconscious then we must all have multiple personalities based in subconscious emotion. This is making my mind roll thru so many possibilities ranging from murder to protection.

murder

mur der

backwards .....

red rum ....

red room.

what do some people use to commit murder and make a room red?

A gun, and sometimes they are nice enough to nug (nudge) you with the gun first, before they shoot you.

Then they jump in their car and feel the need to rac (race / rase) away.

When you get into your car and get behind the wheel, do you ever feel uncontrollably compelled to race?

This migt be an important implication....

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I am a little relunctant to throw this one out there, but here it goes .....

I wonder which way you are looking to for the "end of time" signs. From which direction shall it come from?

what was that number?

six six six

siks siks siks

backwards .....

skis skis skis

skies, skies, skies ....

I think this one is a bit simpler...

The sign of the devil.

Sex Sex Sex.

Pagan societies didn't necessarily recognize the family unit. So the denigration of reproduction/physiological enjoyment was necessary if one were attempting to induce a suniversal societal norm...

The phonetic similarity implicates motive on several levels...

[edit on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:20:02 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
mass.

A large group.

mass.

Church.

mass.

Church is conformity.

conformity

conform .... conformity ....... being the same

same

sam

ssam

mass.
From Esoteric Teacher

How does the early evolution of the english language, given the above two examples, not implicate a social engineering of sorts?

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

OK,

google

go ogle

Even the "new money" is implicated in these games. Think. What does the term "Google" have to do with "search" if it weren't for the phonetic anagram?

There is a Simpsons episode that implicates further.

I'll post the reference tomorrow...if I can find it (I will).

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
This is one of those threads I cherish because they intend to give us a different perspective.

While there are many subjective ways to interpret phonetics and the construction of the English language (which I truly believe is Ing Soc, but started more around 1498 rather than 1984) I would like to present, perhaps, a primer of sorts...

"I Miss You"

Speak the phrase.

Then speak it slower..."I'm is you".

If one considers that social manipulation is based on insuring that the individual is focused on you and what you say then the above implicates the english language as a subliminal tool. As well, everyone should be concerned everytime a pronoun is presented.

I could go more in depth but I shall wait for response to this.

Very astute observation not only is it highly subliminal but designed to evoke emotional feelings that can unbalance a person’s more intellectual and rational train of thought.

If you took it one step further and just hummed it without any words but just captured the tones and vibrations of
“I miss you”, “I’m you” chances are the chords alone it strikes and the way it vibrates within you and the listener would evoke almost the same general feeling.

It poses an interesting question of why Old English and Latin both became dead languages in favor of modern English.

How the words actually vibrate and resonate can have a tremendous impact on what they conjure in the mind.

Very interesting deduction friend.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
If you took it one step further and just hummed it without any words but just captured the tones and vibrations of “I miss you”, “I’m you” chances are the chords alone it strikes and the way it vibrates within you and the listener would evoke almost the same general feeling.

That's in the uber advanced class...

Seriously, the reason why deaf people can be given a chance to hear is precisely because sound is a "heavy wave"...meaning it resonates in the bones (a not complete solid medium as it is porous). The brain still recognizes the vibrations even though the classical mode of hearing is disabled...food for thought...

It poses an interesting question of why Old English and Latin both became dead languages in favor of modern English.

I have wondered this to. I think Latin is based more on a literal...and as such is better suited for science...interpretation of the environment.

Modern Eglish is very emotive...

Very interesting deduction friend.

Thank you...

Edit for spelling.

[edit on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 11:09:23 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I find myself questioning this line of reasoning.

I think the easiest way for me to express my meaning is to expand the subliminal influence phenomenon to languages other than English.

Do other languages lend themsleves to this kind of interpretation, or is English the language of choice for this intensely subtle application?

As humans, we are constrained to what we commonly have available to us as the most expedient and effecitve means of communications. Perhaps the medium and physics have as much to do with the ultimate form of the construct, but a construct it is nevertheless.

I raise this question to extend the debate. This is a facinating perspective to a haunting question: "What do people really mean when they communicate with one another?"

But I find most of our reasoned pattern-finding to be somewhat 'selective' at times. So I do not offer a counter argument, nor claim your observations are not accurate; I just want to see how far we can extend these patterns to determine if they are universal.

I once heard something that I consider a key to my cautious exploration in these matters. And matter is relevent to the argument.

From all we can see and hear, we seem only to be able (thus far) to measure reality in a very limited way. The question of dimensionality is key, in my estimation. Between the points of reality which we identify as ourselves and the worl around us is intelligable, inferrable, 'space' or 'distance'.

We hang on this framework of reality 'as if' we were part of it, when it seems more likely that it, much like the inferences you draw from analysis, could be a matter of perceptive choice and not necessarily design.

You have demonstrated a correlation between meaning and the choice of meaning. I applaud the sensitivty and creativity necessary to observe and synthesize a meaningful pattern. I can't help but wonder what is the proportion of each.

Now I would challenge the notion that as people communicate, could it be that we have constructed the patterns as a collective uncioncsious manifestation? If so why? If purposeful, who's purpose does it represent?

It was not I, nor I suppose you, who coined some of the phrases you present in your argument. Was such an act pursposeful, or coincidental, or simply the 'flow' of reality as our minds interpret it?

Star and Flag for you, excellent topic, and great effort!

[edit on 9-11-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Great post and the question of language specific is a great one. Consider that Eastern languages are consructed difernetly...the words are symbols.

"A picture is worth a thousand words."

I think that English is indeed a constructed language.

One of te words you used - Matter.

In physics, it connotes material.

But in philosophy...it connotes importance.

Interesting...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I have wondered this to. I think Latin is based more on a literal...and as such is better suited for science...interpretation of the environment.

Modern Eglish is very emotive...

Modern English is very emotive even though it’s not a ‘Romance’ language.

People are often manipulated especially for political purposes and to a lesser extent religious purposes.

One does have to wonder if the English Language was specifically designed to be a tool for manipulative emotion.

A beautiful example of how sounds and tones can evoke powerful emotions is the Star Spangled Banner. It’s written to be almost nearly impossible to sing, even for a gifted vocalist with a three octave range it’s a true challenge.

Critics argue that there are far more beautiful songs like America the Beautiful that would be a much easier National Anthem to sing and perform for everyone.

Yet no matter how poorly a singer might have rendered the Star Spangled Banner with it’s nearly impossible combinations of highs and lows and powerful pitches and tones there is nary a dry eye in the house that isn’t emotionally moved and effected when ever it is sung publicly.

Taps and Reverie both wordless instrumentals have opposite emotional effects. Very few people could listen to taps and not be saddened by its broody and sad chord progression that elicits powerful emotional reactions as it rings in the cerebral cortex. Very few people don’t feel enlivened and uplifted listening to the upbeat and quick progressive cadence of Reverie.

Could English words have been designed so select and often used ones create resonating harmonics that permeated the cerebral cortex and evoke powerful emotions to rival and cloud intellectual thought and promotes emotional reaction which is far easier manipulated by those in authority?

I think it is entirely possible friend.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Could English words have been designed so select and often used ones create resonating harmonics that permeated the cerebral cortex and evoke powerful emotions to rival and cloud intellectual thought and promotes emotional reaction which is far easier manipulated by those in authority?

I think it is entirely possible friend.

I think so as well. I have actually been thinking peripherally on this topic and I have decided that I would love to become an eytmologist/historian.

With regards to phonetics and sounds...

Consider the sound created when one pronounces the letter "N".

Now...do a search for how many languages incorporate such a phonetic to mean, "No...or Negative".

The implications are huge...

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

When you examine it from that perspective the phonetic vibration and sound of Nnnn 'no' begins to create that pit in your stomach feeling that causes people to stop and think, look around and consider.

How much different is that say from a cattle prod electronically zapping you causing you to stop and think, look around and consider.

Almost any unintelligible similar harmonic sound would then elicit a similar reaction subliminally and cross all language barriers at the same time!

The potential as a control mechanism is huge and exploitable in my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The potential as a control mechanism is huge and exploitable in my humble opinion.

Exactly.

Bears further thought and consideration...much more in fact.

Edit to add - And this was potentially designe centuries ago...or at least the framework. Much more consideration.

It potentially would inflect recorded history.

As I said....Huge!!!

[edit on Mon, 09 Nov 2009 12:11:34 -0600 by MemoryShock]

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

It would in fact demonstrate a well thought out and ongoing conspiracy by a political elite for the purpose of manipulating and exploiting the masses in ways the masses couldn't even suspect.

I suspect that is exactly how such people would want to manipulate and exploit the masses in ways that they would never suspect.

They say danger lurks where you least expect it and who would even imagine the very language we are taught to speak would be first and foremost a tool for emotional exploitation and manipulation.

When you further consider some things like International Transportation are by international law conducted in English you can begin to identify a web that is very much designed to ensnare a much broader group of people that just the initial nation English was designed for.

Much like the U.S. Dollar is a universal standard for instrument of debt fiat defacto currency attached to nothing of intrinsic value in order to manipulate world wide banking and financial markets and commerce, the English Language itself might play a powerful and sinister role in giving an elite people who understand it's true and precise nature and how to use it to their collective advantage.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

It would in fact demonstrate a well thought out and ongoing conspiracy by a political elite for the purpose of manipulating and exploiting the masses in ways the masses couldn't even suspect.

Let's not attribute genres just yet. I really think that the political realm is not entirely "the elite".

As well...I think that the elite as a whole don't comprehend this fully. They are subject to the same human reactions everyone else is...within the spectrum of human emotion that is...so their unilateral comprehension I am not banking on...

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join