It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The creation of Cain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Yes, about 6,000 years ago, right after the universe was created, when they still rode dinosaurs to church.

Don't be absurd. Only a moron believes that the earth is only 6,000 years old.

Now there is evidence that civilzation is perhaps not much older than 6,000 years old. Civilization is probably more like 10,000 years old. The earth itself is billions of years old. I think it may be a bit arrogant to believe that this is the first time that civilzation has been attempted upon this planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In case it hasn't already been made bleeding obvious: he was being sarcastic about the age of the earth.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust

Are you attacking other posters again? Geez, have some civility, man...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes

Are you attacking other posters again? Geez, have some civility, man...

Masonic light believes that the earth is only 6,000 years old?

You know what's funny, is I could have sworn that it was him that was making fun of the 6,000 year old crowd.

Here, Hobbes I'll apologise for calling you a negative name in a previous post, it was uncalled for on my part. I think you're a decent enough fellow.

A little misguided maybe, but still decent enough.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Masonic light believes that the earth is only 6,000 years old?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by In nothing we trust]

No, he doesn't.

Various people in this thread have been trying to inform you of that fact.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Masonic Light, you and I are usually on the same side; however, if you honestly believe that the earth is only 6,000 years old then you are deeply mistaken. The earth is at least 4 billion years old and that is by moderate estimates.

Was just being sarcastic, using a partial line from Saturday Night Live. On the "Weekend Update" skit, Tina Fey said that current polls show that George W. Bush is disapproved of by 64%, while the other 36% believe that Adam and Eve rode dinosaurs to church.

I do not believe in the literal existence of Adam and Eve or Cain and Abel, and view them as mythological characters. Therefore, INWT's point was moot. If those characters had literally existed, the world would only be around 6,000 years old (which is still believed by some Christians, Jews, and Muslims). Evidence points out that the earth is far older, and that the various species evolved from a common source over a long period, instead of being independently created, as in the account given by the Bible.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I don't agree. A few folks have U2U'd me, say roughly:

"I've watched both sides talk, and your side seems to be rational and the most logical. You have me convinced... I'm going to stop in with my local lodge, and do my own research."

And folks doing their own research, rather than just playing sheep to FreemasonryWatch or the like... well, that's a good thing...

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Regardless. The outspoken ignorant, still outnumber those that actually are willing to hear the truth. I've been around here long enough to see hundreds of guys like this pop up. It never ends. SO much more time can be spent doing more productive things than trying to train these parrots to speak for the other side.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yin_yang
Regardless. The outspoken ignorant, still outnumber those that actually are willing to hear the truth. I've been around here long enough to see hundreds of guys like this pop up. It never ends. SO much more time can be spent doing more productive things than trying to train these parrots to speak for the other side.

I think that many more people lurk than post. IMO ATS is the most important conspiratorial site on the net and as long as freemasons don't descend down into the mud our viewpoint is valuable.

And, I believe, appreciated.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes, about 6,000 years ago, right after the universe was created, when they still rode dinosaurs to church.

Now there is evidence that civilzation is perhaps not much older than 6,000 years old. Civilization is probably more like 10,000 years old. The earth itself is billions of years old. I think it may be a bit arrogant to believe that this is the first time that civilzation has been attempted upon this planet.

They have found artifacts, clay pottery and such, dating back 200,000 years. I think civilization is much older than 6000 years or 10,000.

[edit on 12-9-2006 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
How affective you all are. We have gone from exploring the creation of Cain to debating the origin of life on Earth, and the intellegence of the original poster of something that may effect opinion of Masonry. I myself have wondered why the Tubal Cain pen that looks like a golf club is a symbol for Masonic brothers to recognize each other.

Why do Masons hold an interest in Cain or Tubal Cain? Who is he to you besides a smith of some kind?

Tamahu, according to the gnostic teachings we shouldn't have sex? Is that for women to since we aren't spilling any seeds?

[edit on 12-9-2006 by interestedalways]

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
How affective you all are. We have gone from exploring the creation of Cain to debating the origin of life on Earth, and the intellegence of the original poster of something that may effect opinion of Masonry. I myself have wondered why the Tubal Cain pen that looks like a golf club is a symbol for Masonic brothers to recognize each other.

Why do Masons hold an interest in Cain or Tubal Cain? Who is he to you besides a smith of some kind?

I'm a renaissance man....

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What does that mean Speaker of Truth? I am going to the renaissance festival this weekend, maybe I will see you there. Do you look like your Avatar?

Tamahu, I was being a bit naive about the sex thing, but I really don't want to have to stop to become enlightened. Is there any way around that one? Do you just have to have sex with someone equally interested in the Great Work to bring God into the unity?

Sorry for the de-rail I didn't mean to go off subject, but if what Tamahu posted is true then it isn't de-railing but it is important to elaborate on. Is sexuality considered an animalistic behaviour, and if it is why do we like it so much? If it is wrong to have it besides for pro-creation then why are we wired so much to aquire it?

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

What does that mean Speaker of Truth? I am going to the renaissance festival this weekend, maybe I will see you there. Do you look like your Avatar?

A "Renaissance man" is someone who is knowledgeable in several different areas. It was a term coined for people during the Renaissance era who were interested in a diversified area. Such as: a person that was both a scientest and an artist.... No, I don't look like the guy in my avatar....

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Tamahu, according to the gnostic teachings we shouldn't have sex? Is that for women to since we aren't spilling any seeds?

Hm, I thought you've been following my posts?

The bachelor should indeed obstain from sex(lunar Brahmacharya).

But the married couple should actually have physical sex, everyday if possible(though only once each day, and not during menstruation).

The practice of the Karma-Mudra(Sexual Alchemy) without orgasm, or White Tantra(Solar Brahmacharya), is how one Builds the Solar-Sahu, Solar-Bodies, Mer-Ka-Ab-Ba(Mercabah/Chariot), Temple of Sol-Om-On, Solar-Man, Soul-of-Man, etc.

It is taught that by refraining from the desire to ejaculate/orgasm(fornication), the Divine Serpent(Kundalini) found within the bottom of the Spinal Column is agitated, as to eventually travel upward through the Center of the Spinal Column, positively rotate the Chakras, and Enliven the Soul with the Divine Flame of Love.

But She only rises according to the Merits of the Heart, and never mechanically; and will only awaken in the one who is battling lust to the death.

Sex is the only true Foundation of any Path, because desire is that which keeps us attached to the Wheel of Samsara.

This is why the Mystery related to Lucifer is Key, because Lucifer is the Creative Light and Fire, the first manifestation from the formless Absolute(Remember, "He" is the Brightest Angel in Heaven, which actually means "He" is Christ).

Lucifer desires to Create(CHiram Abiff wants to Build the Temple of Solomon, but the Three Traitors or Three Poisons of Buddhism(ignorance, hate and lust) try to sabotage the Great Work) and if we allow the Inner Christus-Lucifer to Create according to His Will, then we can transcend the mechanical cycle of suffering.

The Light and Fire is Intelligence and Love.

We can attune our minds and Souls to this Intelligence, as this Intelligence is beyond both; and is why the intellect(mind) alone can never allow us to enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

The Wise combination of Sex and Meditation, or Bodhicitta(Love) can.

The Mind is the great Slayer of the Real.

Let the Disciple slay the Slayer. - "THE VOICE OF THE SILENCE" - H.P. Blavatsky

If we don't perform Christs Will, we only fortify Satan within ourselves, which is suffering(our particular Inner Lucifer remains in Hell in this way, or CHiram Abiff stays buried in the shallow grave).

Lucifer manifests and expresses "Him"-self regardless, but it is up to us in how that manifestation is expressed.

Satan-Lucifer destroys the Soul and fortifies the ego.

Christus-Lucifer destroys the ego and Builds the Soul.

In this example, we have a hint of the symbolism of Shiva and Kali, The Grand Demiurge Architect of the Universe, and the 50 Gates of Binah.

All this is, in a way, a bit more complex; but this illustration at least gives us an idea of the Philosophy and Science of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil.

www.lamayeshe.com...

...The highest vehicle is known as the Tantric vehicle which comprises not only techniques for heightening your own realization of emptiness or mind of enlightenment, but also certain technique for penetrating the vital points of the body. By using the body's physical elements, we can expedite the process of realization, eliminating ignorance and its imprints. This is the main feature of the tantric vehicle...

...A text called the Sacred Words of Manjushri, composed by the Indian master Buddhajnana, mentions that because of the physical structure of our bodies and the elements that we possess as human beings inhabiting this planet, even on an ordinary level, there are certain occasions when we experience the subtle level of clear light, naturally. These occur during sleep, yawning, fainting and sexual climax.

This shows that we have within ourselves a certain potential which we can explore further. And among these four states, the best opportunity for further development is during the sexual intercourse.

Although I am using this ordinary term, sexual climax, it does not imply the ordinary sexual act. The reference here is to the experience of entering into union with a consort of the opposite sex, by means of which the elements at the crown are melted, and through the power of meditation the process is also reversed.

A prerequisite of such a practise is that you should be able to protect yourself from the fault of seminal emission. According to the explanation of the Kalachakra Tantra in particular, such emission is said to be very damaging to your practice. Therefore, because you should not experience emission even in dreams, the tantras describe different techniques for overcoming this fault.

This contrasts with the Vinaya explanation, which sets out the code of discipline for Buddhist monks, in which exception is made for emission in dreams, because it is beyond your control, whereas in tantra it is considered an offence. The experience of melting the mind of enlightement is brought about by ordinary afflicted desire, so the practitioner must be able to generate it.

The point is that due to the force of desire, you are able to melt the elements within your body. Consequently, when you experience the nonconceptual state, you should be able to direct your attention to meditation on emptiness. So, when you experience a nonconceptual state as a result of the elements melting within your body, if you are able to generate that understanding into a realization of emptiness, you will have achieved the feat of transforming a disturbing emotion, desire, into the wisdom realizing emptiness.

When you are able to employ this nonconceptual blissful mind in realizing emptiness, the result is a powerful wisdom that serves as an antidote to counteract and eliminate diusturbing emotions. Therefore, it is a case of wisdom derived from disturbing emotions counteracting and eliminating them, just as insects born from wood consume it.

This is the significance of the Buddha's assuming the form of a meditational deity, the principal deity of the mandala, and entering into union with the consort when he taught the tantric path. Therefore, in the course of their practice, practitioners generate themselves on an imaginary level into such deities in union with a consort.

Another unique and profound feature of tantra concerns the process for attaining the twofold body of the Buddha, the form body and the truth body. According to the sutra system, the practitioner works to attain the form and the truth bodies of a Buddha as a result of cultivating the altruistic aspiration for enlightenment. However, the body of the Buddha does not come about without causes and conditions and these causes and conditions must be commensurate their effects. That is to say, cause and effect should have similar aspects.

The sutra systems speak of the causes of the Buddha's form body in terms of an unique mental body attained by highly evolved Bodhisattvas, which, serving as the substantial cause of the Buddha's body, eventually becomes the form body of the Buddha. This is also mentioned in the writings of the low vehicle. Although they do not describe a complete method for actualizing the omniscient state, they do speak of certain types of practices which are geared towards achieving the major and minor marks of the Buddha.

Highest Yoga Tantra, on the other hand, outlines the unique causes and methods for actualizing both the truth body and the form body of a Buddha

More:

Forms of Tantrism

Marriage, Divorce and Tantrism

The bachelor or bachelorette can practice Pranayama, listen to Classical and Religious music, study the Holy Scriptures, Create tasteful Art, Meditate, transform impressions, have a healthy balanced diet and get plenty(but not too much) of physical exercise in order to Transmute the Sexual Energy.

[edit on 13-9-2006 by Tamahu]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Tamahu, I was being a bit naive about the sex thing, but I really don't want to have to stop to become enlightened.

lol, you just got my vote for Way Above.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
[Quote]originally posted by TamahaThis is why the Mystery related to Lucifer is Key, because Lucifer is the Creative Light and Fire, the first manifestation from the formless Absolute(Remember, "He" is the Brightest Angel in Heaven, which actually means "He" is Christ).

Lucifer desires to Create(CHiram Abiff wants to Build the Temple of Solomon, but the Three Traitors or Three Poisons of Buddhism(ignorance, hate and lust) try to sabotage the Great Work) and if we allow the Inner Christus-Lucifer to Create according to His Will, then we can transcend the mechanical cycle of suffering.

Exactly.....Few understand that the "forbidden" fruit in the Garden of Eden wasn't just sex, but also Adam's lust for Eve. Supposedly Eve was the most beautiful woman God will ever make. I can't imagine, but that is the long and the short of it.

When a person lusts after another human being, he/she opens him/herself up to forces that are detrimental to that person's spirit. However, through thousands and thousands of spiritual evolution, our spirit has developed and maintained mechanisms to ward off this damage.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

[Tubal Cain] was an articifer in brass and iron. His occupation as a craftsman has memorialized him in Freemasonry.

Interesting, considering that freemasonry is built up on stone masonry, not artificiers. Odd too that the bible has the master craftsman of King Hiram as, not a stone mason either, but, again, an artificer in precious metals and jewels.

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Tamahu, you always hit the nail on the head. It is one thing to seek and another to find. It stops me in my tracks and I know that to follow such a path will be alot of focus and alot of self restraint. I would rather there be something new and quick and easy. Fast food spirituality! I suppose it isn't that way. Why have I never met anyone who has followed such a path as you have shown?

Masonic Light, thanks for the smile!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have often asked myself the same thing

<< 1   >>

join