It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I have been thinking new members who come to the site dont know how to create an avatar, so maybe we could have a little forum for creation where people could design them and allow other users to use them, or advice on how to create and implement them. any ideas? I would be happy to give people ideas, it will help people feel more included in the site as a whole so they can forge their own online identity.
there are some excellent ones out there.
What do you all think?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I have had a go at designing my own, but I dont know how to animate it is it just an animated gif?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
In BTS, there is a member art forum... Many there are well versed in various computer art programs... May I suggest trying it out?
Good luck....

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
I have had a go at designing my own, but I dont know how to animate it is it just an animated gif?

dont hate me for strobing away at your site....but

it's meant for a good cause.

.gif formats are exceedingly popular now, due to size and ease of use on sites it's an ongoing software that has yet a lot of ground to cover.
i would advise getting animation shop pro, it's an ok program for beginners, has all the options the other complex ones have....friendly user interface will make u like it immediately.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I like the idea..want to do it on BTS? It will sort of be a cross-over forum. I have done a few peoples avatars.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
i didnt mean particularly for myself, but a forum on bts would be nice, maybe when new members join the email could contain a link to it saying something like want to create your top secret identity then head ouver to bts to learn how. Any moderators about what do you all think?

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
perhaps people who design avatars for others could get a small amount of ats points?
anyone thats interested u2u me or the administrator
ooh i can feel a campaign coming on.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by bigdanprice]

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'll join in for Avatar Creation. You can u2u me the detail or something if you want. Let me know how your idea goes through.

Here's a couple other Avatars I've made for reference:

The file size of the lavalamp one is a bit too big though. I've also done some touch ups for a few other people around here too.

posted on Oct, 31 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes interested party here. A good idea.

If anybody has a spare moment could anbody put my daddys avatar(maksedavatar) over my exposed body part.

It's keeping him up wake at night, and any suitor that calls he has the dogs chase off. Do it for him think of his poor dogs running all over the show.

[Edited on 31-10-2003 by QueenoftheDamned]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by QueenoftheDamned
Yes interested party here. A good idea.

If anybody has a spare moment could anbody put my daddys avatar(maksedavatar) over my exposed body part.

It's keeping him up wake at night, and any suitor that calls he has the dogs chase off. Do it for him think of his poor dogs running all over the show.

Who is the artist of the pic? If I had the original..I might be able to work on it better. It's a bit small...
Here's what I could do for the moment.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think that this is a good idea. I've been here for a while but, I'm still too retarded to know how to post an avatar. I kinda want one but, I can live without one.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Up at the top of ATS there is a bunch of link buttons..
Member List - Search - FAQ - Todays Posts - deny ignorance - ATS FASTchat - Complain - Upload - ATS Store - Settings - U2U - Buddies

Choose Upload.
Your upload window will open
Browse your computer for an image file of 160x230 dimensions.
This will upload it to your area
At the top of the screen you'll get a link that looks similar to this one
www.abovetopsecret.com... (where XXXX is what ATS has renamed your upload)
Copy the line you see on your upload screen. It's important.
Close your upload window
Back at the ATS main screen, choose Settings
This will open a new page. It is your control panel.
You will see the following.
My Home - Edit Profile - Subscriptions - Favorites - U2U Instant Messenger - Buddy List - Help
Choose Edit Profile
This is where you add your personal info. Since this is just about your avatar, scroll down until you see Avatar URL:
Paste your previously copied url from your upload screen here.
At the bottom click the Edit Profile button to complete the changes. Your avatar should now be there. These steps still work if you want to use an outside url for your avatar. Just skip the ATS upload steps.
I am sure there are loads of info like this somewhere else, but since someone asked...I feel obligated to inform.

I am taking avatar requests. All I ask is that you provide me a bit of a target to shoot for. ( General area of interest...hobby...etc.) Otherwise, I will gladly come up with something off the top of my head/mouse.

[Edited on 11-1-2003 by darklanser]

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 05:58 PM
link   
this is mine.....but im workin on a new abstract one.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I think that this is a good idea. I've been here for a while but, I'm still too retarded to know how to post an avatar. I kinda want one but, I can live without one.

I took the liberty of makin' one for ya. Lemme know if you like. If not. That's ok too.

posted on Nov, 2 2003 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I am really pleased how people have reacted to this, maybe we should start a new topic dedicated to getting an avatar, infact I will do it right now!
I will try and geta u2u sent to every one so you guysa and gals can have a go at designing them for newbies.
Stay Cool.

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I know, already, Dan. I know.

top topics

join