It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Greer,

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Ok, I bought this book and am VERY disappointed.

I was totally sold on the disclosure report, and all the military witnesses, and all the high political figures he has been in contact with......BUT THEN... I ordered this book.

In this book he goes into much of this but he also talks of some REALLY crazy stuff. He claims that he can summon alien contact whenever he wants. He claims he can levitate. He claims that he can manipulate gravity and make cars float in the air. He claims that the black gov gave him cancer. He claims they were trying to steal his soul out of his body one night while in a hotel room with his kid.......and just a bunch of other unbelievable stuff.

Problem 1. If he can summon an alien encounter whenever he wants........ well where is the freaking video???? Why did you even need to write this book? You could have just put this video on the internet and CASE CLOSED. Everyone on Earth believes in Aliens.

Problem 2. Same crap........why don't you levitate on video or at one of your lectures where many members of the press are present?

Problem 3. The story of the night in the hotel room with his child. He claimed that one night while asleep, his soul was sucked out of his body and he was under attack from black ops. Well he says that he (in his soul form) followed the beam of the weapon that was doing this to him back to a military complex in the desert. He then told God to touch them with love and that is when they shut it off and he went back into his body. UMMMMMMMMMMM. Where to begin? IF there was a weapon with a "beam" that you could follow back to it's original source, then how did this beam land directly on him and skip over his child in the room? Can this "beam" selectively miss anyone that it isn't intended for?....... Can this beam account for the curvature of the Earth and the thousands of other people in the way including his child and just "jump" over them and only hit him? Or perhaps there is a computer interface with a keypad where you can simply type, "Steven Greer" into it and it knows exactly where to go?? What if there are two Steven Greers??

THIS CRAP IS TOO MUCH.

I have gone from being super stoked about the disclosure project to now thinking that this person is laughable and yet ANOTHER phoney. Ya know.... Phoney after Phoney after Phoney and not ONE single solid form of PROOF of anything other worldly has me starting to think that THERE IS NOTHING OUT THERE!

Is this all a giant freaking lie that is not even worth one more moment of thought?? The whole idea of beings visiting us??

Ok, just would like to hear if anyone else wasted money on this book and what they might think.

thx for listening to my rant.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I agree. I had thought Greer was a respectable and reasonable researcher of the UFO phenomena who was out to find definitive proof and eventuall disclosure of information reguarding such phenomena. I was absolutely sold on the disclosure project...

and now I see this. It is disheartening. It makes me question Greer's sanity. We all thought he was so normal, now we see this.

Even if all of that is true no matter how far fetched it is, I wonder WTF Greer was thinking when he published this book. He was basically comitting social suicide by throwing his credability out the window. Congress will never take him seriously now.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
He even discusses this a bit in the book. He knows this will destroy any credibility that he had........but he claims that the E.T. told him that since he did not get any support going through government channels that he was allowed to now disclose this other stuff.

WELL WHAT ABOUT PROOF??? They say you can talk about all this unbelievable stuff but you can't show proof of it or what? The weird thing is......he still at least some support from credible people. The forward of this book was done by Apollo astronaut, Brian O'Leary. Either Mr. O'Leary never read the book he was doing a forward for or he buys this crap hook,line, and sinker.

I am quickly losing all hope for any kind of intelligent contact. I am starting to think everyone in this alien/ufo/abduction subculture is a hoaxter.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
What is the name of this book?

If what you say is what he wrote then I would have to call BS too.
It's sad now the UFO community has even more lies to seperate from what little truth is left.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
the book is his latest...... "Hidden Truth, Forbidden Knowledge"

Google "The Disclosure Project" to get to the website with all the credible military documented witnesses.

The last part of the book goes into ways to contact the ET yourself and the book itself costs 25$ and can be purchased with a Meditation CD that is 9$. I bought the CD too like a dumbass but am scared to listen to it because of Sleeper's post called "Are aliens real? As real as the nose on your face."

I sort of buy Sleeper's story and am scared to attempt contact because he claims that it is one of the most horrifying experiences that a human can go through.....

SO EVEN THOUGH I BOUGHT THE CD AND DON"T BELIEVE ANY OF THIS CRAP >>>>>>I AM STILL SCARED TO LISTEN TO IT AND TRY TO CONTACT MYSELF>

OMG, i just realized that I have totally gone insane.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by UareKRAZY

Ok, I bought this book and am VERY disappointed. He claims he can levitate.

He can levitate? This is an outrage! They won't let me levitate.
I told you disclosure was a no go. Now maybe you'll believe me!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
But aliens and UFO's ARE real...
but the leader of the disclosure project is claiming all of this crazy.. stuff.

What are people supposed to make of this? This doesn't help disclosing the truth that ET are visiting Earth at all. This guy is just telling stories in hope people believe it and buy his book and he is using the disclosure project to help him.
As I said, it's sad because now thanks to people looking to make extra money, we have to dig through even more lies and stories.

This guy is not prophet yawah.. NO ONE CAN SUMMON A UFO and ET and Dr. Greer CAN NOT LEVITATE! What a load of LIES!

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Haha,

John Lear, I almost put your name in the title of this thread because I honestly wanted to know what you thought of Dr. Greer. I guess I have my answer.

BTW, I am new to the site within the last month and have within that time read a few of your posts and the Sleeper thread. I must have missed any thread that had your opinion of the disclosure project in it.

My big question is...... he is coming off as a lunatic in his newest book, but I don't know if he is a disinformation agent, delusional, or just a profiteer/liar.

Would like to hear your opinion on the matter.....even if you haven't read the book. John Lear, what are your thoughts on the Disclosure Project as a whole?

thx,
David

[edit on 20-7-2006 by UareKRAZY]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well you didn't ask for my oppinion but your gonna get it anyway.
The disclosure project was a great idea and a good effort.
But now that its not working... some people find the need to exploit it for personal gain by writing books filled with stories. There you have it take it or leave it.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I TAKE IT!

I get that feeling myself......... good resources and credible witnesses flushed down the pooper for what???? another book?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

OMG, i just realized that I have totally gone insane.

Quite clearly we have all gone insane....

This greer thing is interesting...Those who spoke at the National Press Club, were in my view. telling the truth.

As far as I am aware non of the people who presented testimony have been discredited in any way. They were who they said they were, worked where they said they worked. and with little doubt, witnessed exactly what they claimed.

Courts of law would only reqire one or two such testimony to establish facts BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT

And then Greer goes off the rails......

Well I see a patern of people presenting strong cases for the existence of UFOs and then being killed , going mad or otherwise made unbelievable.

My guess?

Because of Greers' ability to secure such a number (600?) credible witnesses to the ufo phenomena he is a high priority target for those who wish to hide truth.

Killing Greer would backfire as he has such a high profile.

"the most effective method of disrediting someone is to cause them to discredit themselves"

...... it seems someones may have been aiming a PSYCHOTRONIC WEAPON at Greer for some time.......

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Would like to hear your opinion on the matter.....even if you haven't read the book. John Lear, what are your thoughts on the Disclosure Project as a whole?

T'was a noble effort by noble people. Unfortunately they had not the slightest idea of the ramifications of what they were trying to disclose. In their naive innocense, they assumed they were disclosing the existence of flying saucers from outer space. What they failed to realize is that not everybody is ready for that information. Probably 99 and 99/100% are not. That information would not help them in their daily lives. It would not help them raise their children. It would not help them pay their taxes. It would not provide them with more income. It would not provide them with a new God. As a matter of fact it might destroy their faith in their old God. Those for disclosure only want one thing: they want to prove THEY KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT FLYING SAUCERS. So do a lot of other people. Get over it. Its an ego trip. Let go. Its not time and won't be time for several generations. Relax, disclosure is none of your business. Have a sip Courvoisier XO and a Cohiba Esplendido and talk about it amongst your friends but don't try to go on Larry King and bang the U.S. Government over the head with a flying saucer. They don't know whats going on either. Have a heart.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Greer has hit the brick wall more and more UFO charletans run into ... they end up believing their own contrived ideas and theories and expectations start to snowball. What they all fail to realize is that people will eventually demand proof.

Anyone can mix historic events with their own fantastic fictional tales. Draw in passionate UFO/Alien followers. But eventually one will get caught in a web of their own design. People tire of fantastic claims saddled by even grander excuses not to put out proof.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by nullster]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   
John and Nullster,

Thanks for your responses.......you both make a lot of sense.

John, of all the hoaxters, of all the people you have discovered that have lied to you and misled you, of all the false information that you have discovered..... do you ever just wonder if this is all just some giant load of sh!t that needy people invent for attention? I mean can you even phathom a reality where EVERYTHING you have ever been told about ET has been lie, delusion, disinfo?

Is it possible at all (in your mind)?

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   

John and Nullster,

Thanks for your responses.......you both make a lot of sense.

John, of all the hoaxters, of all the people you have discovered that have lied to you and misled you, of all the false information that you have discovered..... do you ever just wonder if this is all just some giant load of sh!t that needy people invent for attention? I mean can you even phathom a reality where EVERYTHING you have ever been told about ET has been lie, delusion, disinfo?

Is it possible at all (in your mind)?

No. My family is personally involved. And I will go no further than that.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Fair enough.

thx for the reply.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
"bump"

I think this thread is relevant and needs more widespread attention.

what are everyone elses views?

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Personally, I think the world is ready for DISCLOSURE.
And for those of you whose sentiment is that the world is not ready for it -- my question to you is, "Do you think that the whole of humanity is going to fall to pieces where all hell will break loose with mass hysteria where people will be jumping off of tall buildings and lord knows what else... if DISCLOSURE releases information that reveals that everything we know about God and the universe -- and THEM and their agenda -- is a complete crock of sh#t?" The answer to that is NO. Because regardless WHAT the information is that's released in DISCLOSURE, people are still going to believe what they've always believed; especially those religious and philosophical beliefs that are not only ingrained in their own consciousness, but also in the consciousness of the society and culture they live in. To say that whatever information released by a DISCLOSURE would dismantle every human institution out there is not only ridiculously wrong, but extremely arrogant. In fact, even if a UFO were to land on the White House lawn, which would be a far more tangible bit of evidence than some written document's, for example, those who believe in UFOs will continue to believe in UFOs -- and those who believe that they do not exist, will continue to say that UFOs do not exist -- or aliens for that matter. In short, even physical proof, for the most part, has no effect whatsoever in changing a skeptic's mind to that of a believer; even a skeptical believer.
So I'm all for DISCLOSURE and I'm all for what Steven Greer has been trying to do. If there are extra-terrestrial beings out there who are unfriendly and have agenda's that we can't possibly agree with, let us, as a world community decide for ourselves what's right for us and those things that need to be done and dealt with instead of having to continue to tolerate those lies and deceptions of a secret cabal that's intentionally keeping the public from knowing the truth and whose own agenda we are certain is less than honorable and --- may even be inherently evil!!

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 06:30 PM
link   
OK, since you asked Jim...

I felt for a long time that disclosure would not be a problem. Over the last 1-2 years and reading as much as I can, the forums on the UFO/Aliens subject has changed my mind.

There's no way people are ready. It's frustrating as hell for the rest of us that are but we are in a huge minority. Even believers would struggle with it and I am now convinced that yes, the world would be in turmoil.

Look at this thread for example. You and others would have bought this book BECAUSE you believe. Then you read some stuff that you thought was too much, personally the stuff mentioned in the OP, I didn't think was much of a deal but others react like this.

I have a feeling that even many hardened UFO'ers would have a difficult time with some of the information you could be exposed to. So no, not ready by a long way....even if you think you are!

[edit on 21/7/06 by Prote]

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I don't know, but the Disclosure Project is far more than just the person who founded and initiated it. So what if Greer believes he can levitate, what does that have to do with getting the government to release all of the information they have about UFO's and aliens?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join