It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All about Points (simple map)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Point awards system-(All thanks to Chissler)

Post = 1 Point
-On any thread in the ATS, BTS, PTS

Posts in one of Your Threads = 2 Points
-On any of your threads in ATS, BTS, PTS

Applause! = 250 Points
-Applauds are given by Moderators and Councilors (=250 points)
-FSME (Forum Subject Matter Expert) (=500 points)
-for a job well done and good etiquette in your writings or threads, also given for good and thoughtful replies.

Podcasts = 2500 Points
-your own design and communication of certain subject

Contests = Random Values (Usually a Few thousand)
-Found throughout ATS, BTS, PTS

Points, is a great thing, and well desired by many members here on ATS, old and new. The point system was designed as a way to award members for their good work and smart thinking.

In the past the point system has gone through many changes and always for the better of ATS. Some might feel ATS is a place is for how many points you can get and how much stuff you can buy. It’s not really all that great. ATS is place for people to talk and learn really about anything.

-On ATS it points system has seemed to be a controlling factor in many of the member’s time here and sometimes goes too far. There is always questions concerning of how to get more points and so on.

The most true and best way to get points is not to worry about it and do your best in what you are good at, and everyone has something they are good at, especially here on ATS where anyone can fit in.

-Remember this one thing, try not to always post repeatedly over and over, you only receive 1 point in another thread and only two in your own, this also can be used as an offensive, you can get points taken away.

-on the bright side, try and come up with smart threads that can entangle the members here on ATS into a feeding frenzy of knowledge, on BTS you can easily try to invent ways to deny boredom on the General Chit Chat forum, here you can come up with as much crazy inventions of den boredom as possible. From good threads you might just a lot of replies and from that some points, so never give up on what your imagination can do.

So many members will do anything for points, all it takes for anyone truly is to do some research and learn about a topic, use good grammar and make sense, post a thread and there should always be a response.

-When making a good thread keep in mind to keep the readers thinking, in most of the forums here on ATS you must truly know what you are talking to make a good thread. There is always a good way of stirring up a discussion in a forum and it is easy to do so, but do this in all respect of all the members there, ask a simple question and wait for response, if you do not get a reply do not be bummed out and do not put yourself down. It takes time to learn how to truly become a good writer and a good researcher, here you can learn.

If you really want to gain points, you can try these two sections on ATS
ATSNN

-All you need here is a current event subject, or editorial you want to write, take your time and be true, submit this and there is a chance it could be allowed, when this is done you will receive a great amount of points and it’s not so bad.

Podcasts

-At Podcast central you can be a part of group of people who talk and discuss live about all types of situations and ideas, also you can Podcast random things and have fun, and talk about deep and smart conversation with your fellow friends on ATS. All you truly need is microphone and regular program that you can get for free anywhere on the net. This might be the most rewarding part of ATS, it gives you the most points for an active Podcast and also ponts to your replies from your podcast and so on.

-more information on podcasting at this url and also at mrwupys reply down the page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check here for more specific rules on proper etiquette-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Goodluck and have fun, deny ignorance and always boredom.

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster

Applause! = 250 Points
-Given by other members and moderators

Not exactly. Applauds are given by Moderators and Councilors (=250 points) and FSME (Forum Subject Matter Expert) (=500 points)

edit to add:
Applause for a post on bts gives you bts points, applause for a post on ats gives you ats points. Same with pts.

[edit on 2006/7/12 by Hellmutt]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ok sorry about that, I added it in the top, hope that is ok.

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragster

hope that is ok.

That's fine

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just be warned about podcasting, It can be addictive. For those who might like to try it:

The idiots guide to podcasting

It can also be allot of fun and a great way to express yourself.

wupy

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
hey mrwupy added this into the main area on the top, hope that is ok and refered back to your post. thanks for that

Please let me know of anything else guys... peace

[edit on 12-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
And don't forget, ATS also has sponsored events such as debates and contests, which also bring points awards, for the winner(s).

Example: The monthly Photo Edit Contests in Member Art on BTS.

July 2006 Photo Edit Contest

Ooops! I see you had mentioned contests. I skimmed over your post the first time around.

[edit on 7/12/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 12 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There is also writing competitions on the site. At the moment the contest is the "Dialogue Open challenge" Which calls for writers to write a short story of no less than 500 words using dialogue only. Lots of points to be awarded and the link is here:

The Dialogue Open Challenge

Edit to add: Just by entering the contest you are awarded writers status, Which will be listed under your mini profile name. Instead of member it will say Writer.

wupy

[edit on 12-7-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Is there a way to find out if you have received any applause points? Can we tell how and when we were awarded our points?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikiano

to find out if you have received any applause points?

If you get applauded you'll always get a u2u telling you who gave you an applaud and for what post

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:31 AM
link   
And also, unconfirmed at this time, there appears to be a 500 point reward for participating in the ATS Surveys.

And for each PTS applaud, members recieve a 1500 Point reward.

[edit on 7/16/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Hey mech Iam gonna do something with all these contests and stuff, you wil like it, and anyone else be looking for a thread for more points

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

-FSME (Forum Subject Matter Expert) (=500 points)

WHat is this???

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
FSME as you know, can award an applause, for each and every good and well thought post and thread you make, now keep in mind all threads and posts are not given an applause, but for FSME you will recieve 500 points on ATS and BTS, for the PTS on the other hand you can recieve 1500 points.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ya I asked what is it.. I have never heard of that before.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
The FSME is a voted leader of a certain forum, for PTS just recently there was a contest of who could find them, I will give you a list, this help you better understand who each one is, but there are many, all over ATS and some forums do no thave any at all. The FSME is a quoted by Majic

On PTS, I don't expect FSMEs to be experts on anything and everything related to the topics of their forums. Rather, I have chosen them to become experts on discussing the topics related to their forums because -- let's face it -- when it comes to politics, everyone's an expert.

I do not know the technical term, but I do know as much, that they lead the forum, give applauses and talk about there certain, in ATS they are masters of the subject, a good example would be Valhal of Science and Technology forum, he is a great representitive of an FSME, his knowledge of this subject and Forum is very deep.

Here is that list, as you will se you do not have to be a a Moderator or site owner, you are chosen to do so, and from that is great resposibility.

Breaking Political News: DontTreadOnMe
Canadian Politics: Duzey
Candidate Advocacy: Off_The_Street
Conservative: djohnsto77
Energy & Science Issues: Sauron
General Ideological Topics: 12m8keall2c
Liberal: mrwupy
Middle-East Conflict: intrepid
Military & Security Issues: kinglizard
Moderate: Mirthful Me
Other Global Politics: subz
Political Figures: Relentless
Politics Head-2-Head:
Politics of War: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Religion in Government Issues:
Slug-Fest: Majic
Social Issues: GradyPhilpott
U.K. Politics: sminkeypinkey
U.S. Politics: The Vagabond

So this is rough post on what and FSME is.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am suprised ECK wasnt on one of those..

Anyway I get the jist of what it is, thanks man..

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
How do I check how many points I have accrued. I've looked all over the places where I thought it should bel, but no luck. It's not on "my ATS" either. Where was it moved to? Thanks.

JAK

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Your point tally is listed in your profile Forestlady:

Jak

[edit on 6/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
How do I check how many points I have accrued.

If you go to the ATS Store you can see your accrued points total.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join