It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi
Lets dive down a bit deeper here.

Lets...

The lebanese airport would be a prime location to land mujhadin fighters, supplies and weapons - wouldn't it? Wouldn't it be obvious that under such an attack the only thing coming in would be fighters and war material?
Narallah and his elite cohorts would probably have left as well.

So my guess is that the airport was a very good and legitimate target.

Ok then here's another example.

Hezbollah, like any other humans, need water to survive. If you poisoned Lebanons water supplies you would likely kill all of Hezbollah. See any problem with that?

The same applies to the airport. Israel has dominance over the skies of Lebanon so there was no need to destroy a couple of runways or fuel depots. Now, if a cease-fire is ever forth coming it will take well over a year or two for Lebanon to regain full use of its civilian airport.

Considering that Israel is meant to be a democratic and modern nation I do not accept its tactics of punishing the citizenry for the actions of admitted independant militias. It is illegal under international and humanitarian law and I condemn Israel for engaging in it.

Saddam Hussein launched his SCUDs at Israel during the First Gulf War in an attempt at collective punishment for Israel for its ties with the United States. The Iraqi reprisals against Israel prompted new international rules which prohibit reprisals. Reprisals such as those being carried out by Israel towards Lebanon.

Either you accept that Saddam was justified in punishing Israel en masse for its association to one of his enemies or you condemn Israel for doing the very same to the people of Lebanon.

[edit on 17/7/06 by subz]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
This one sentence tells exactly why the inhabitants of the nation of Lebanon should be terminated.

TERMINATED?

Now you are using words, describing a GENOCIDE.

I bet that Hitler used that same phrase, when he ordered the TERMINATION of Jewish population living in Europe.

And you dare to use that same terminology against the people of Lebanon?

May God be with Israel always!

And may he have Mercy on Your Soul too.

[edit on 17/7/06 by Souljah]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Problem is, that Hamas and Hizb'allah are DEMOCRATICLY elected by the People.

This one sentence tells exactly why the inhabitants of the nation of Lebanon should be terminated. The "democratic due process" of the nation of Lebanon has shown the true intents of its people.

interearthling, Hezbollah weren't elected to anything in Lebanon. Rather, they are allowed to exist because the lebanese gov't will not/can not disarm them due to pressure from Syria. The terrorist group holds 23 seats on the Lebanes parliament but does not directly control the gov't.

It should also be noted that the people of Lebanon are split as to their blame pointing. They are not happy with the amount of aggression from Israel but they also know that, had Hezbollah not gone into Israel and attacked the guard patrol, none of this would be happening.

It's a horrible spot for them. They cannot denounce Hezbollah nor can they counterattack Israel's offensive.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Because of Few Israel Soldiers Captured, now there are 192 Dead Lebanese CIVILAINS.

Another Day in the Empire

No mention here of the hundreds of Lebanese held illegally in Israeli torture dungeons. Earlier this month, the Lebanese government complained to the UN Secretary General representative in Beirut about “the nonstop arrest of detainees, and … the hundreds of missing persons, which poses as a violation of human rights.”

Israel has admitted abducting Lebanese for political purposes, but for some reason this fact is not mentioned in the corporate media. In the late 90s, before Israel was evicted from southern Lebanon by Hezbollah, it was a common practice for Israel to abduct entirely innocent Lebanese and hold them as “bargaining chips, ” and not hold them, according to Amnesty International, “for their own actions but in exchange for Israeli soldiers missing in action or killed in Lebanon.” As usual, these facts are ignored by our appointed ruler and the corporate media.

Well I guess that Hizb'Allah had just about Enough of their People being Captured for "Bargaining Chips" and they decided that they will get themselves a few of those "Chips" too.

I wonder how many Lebanese are right now in a Detention Camps somewhere in Israel being held ILLEGALLY - but I guess Israel can Afford that, since they are Aboe the Law and Above all of their Neigbours.

Or maybe they just staged both of the "Kidnappings" themselves, in order to eliminate the Threat of Hamas and Hizb'Allah.

Who knows...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Because of Few Israel Soldiers Captured, now there are 192 Dead Lebanese CIVILAINS.

because Hezbollah decided to cross the border from Lebanon into Israel, Israel has retaliated, in the form of bombing targets who's destruction would hinder Hezbollah's ability to rearm, launch rockets into Israel, transfer the kidnapped soldiers and communicate.

Hezbollah has launched hundreds of missiles into Israeli cities with the hopes of taking out as many civilians as possible. Fortunately for the Israeli citizens, so far they have only launched unguided missiles.

Is that what upsets you Souljah? That Israel's weaponry has guidance and they can try and hit their intended targets and Hezbolloah's just launching missiles hoping to hit a mall?

Believe this. If Israel wanted to take out civilians with the same reckless abandon that Hezbollah does, this "war" would have been over 24 hours after attack on the guard patrol.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Crakeur,

I guess you did not read my post (again). It clearly says, that Israel has Several Lebanese prisoners in their captivity, which they also had to capture, by crossing the border. And did Lebanon attack Israeli infrastructure, bridges, airfields, gas stations - and killed 192 Civilans in the "Process of the Rescue Operation"?

Nope.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Crakeur,
Don't bother explaining yourself to people who do not wish to understand. Hezbullah and their Pan-Arab cohorts have turned the Arab-Israeli war into a huge disinformation movement.
A great example is the F-16 downing myth. It wasn't an F-16 but a Zalzil missile capable of reaching central Israel. It was clearly seen in the video that the missile with a huge warhead was set in a residential area. Israel in this case if forced to target this weapon even though it is in a civilian area and when it does Hezbullah, the rest of the Arab world and all those sympathetic to Arabs cry to high hell.
Here it was caught on video. If the warhead would have exploded on the ground it would have cost a heavy Lebanese civilan toll. But thats ok Hezbullah placed it in the Eastern quarter of the city and not in the Southern Shiite quarter.

International law prohibits placing such weapons in residential areas.

Lets watch Souljah explain that one away.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Judah, I don't plan on responding to his posts anymore. I can handle reading his pathetic attempts to spin the news into pro-terrorist propaganda but when he closes his comments with anti-semitic slurs I know that there is nothing that can be said that will have any impact on him.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Crakeur]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Crakeur,

Don't take it to heart.

Anyone interested in seeing close ups of the missile can see it here. It is in Hebrew but there is video footage of the missile on the ground after it was intercepted by the Israeli Air Force. It makes interesting footage. If anyone wishes a translation I would gladly oblige.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
One can only guess that there are a lot of things some people just don't get.

Something else might be the why of this baseline of Never Again.

Psst... The true significance of the two soldiers in Hezbollahs possession.

Not that people who seem to support terrorism are really trying to understand anything...

[edit on 18-7-2006 by golemina]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Now you are using words, describing a GENOCIDE.

Wiping out a so-called "democracy" like Lebanon can't be catagorized as genocide since the same race also makes up Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordon and so forth.

The only nation in the region that should be spared any destruction should be Egypt.

See? I'm not a genocidal madman. The Egyptians and the Lebanese are of the same gene batch and I'm not out to destroy Egypt.

Besides, Nazi Germany was led by a maniac. Present day Israel isn't.

[edit on 18/7/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here is something for all you Zionist Fans to chew on:

Another Day in the Empire

Few television news viewers (or zombies) realize Israel invaded Lebanon in 1978 and 1982, or that Israel occupied southern Lebanon for more than twenty years and this brutal occupation (as documented by human rights organizations) resulted in the formation of Hezbollah.

Few understand Israel has stolen Arab land, including the Golan Heights and Shebaa Farms, and common Israeli border provocations result in Hezbollah attacking Israel.

Few understand the magnitude of Israel’s abduction of Lebanese, accused of resisting Israel’s illegal occupation, or the fact many of them were tortured in the Khiam torture dungeon. “Lebanese detainees held without trial or after expiry of their sentences in Israeli prisons and in Khiam are Israel’s forgotten hostages,” notes Amnesty International. Amnesty International knows of 21 Lebanese nationals who have been captured in Lebanon and transferred to Israeli prisons either without ever having been sentenced or held beyond the expiry of their sentences. These are just some of the detainees whom Amnesty International believes Israel to be holding as hostages. Most of them were captured by the Israeli Defense Force (IDF) or by one of the pro-Israeli Christian militias in Lebanon, the Lebanese Forces or the SLA. Many of them were held in detention centers in Lebanon under Lebanese Forces’ or SLA control before being transferred, usually secretly, to Israel.” No mention of this in the corporate media.

No mention in the corporate media of Israel’s continual and repeated violations of Lebanese airspace. “Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s Personal Representative for Southern Lebanon today called on Israel to cease its air violations over Lebanese territory,” the UN News Center reported on November 4, 2004. “Staffan de Mistura issued his statement in Beirut in response to eight flights involving 11 aircraft and three drones across the Blue Line, as the line of withdrawal is known.” Israel has violated Lebanese sovereignty dozens of time, buzzing Beirut, Tripoli, Tyre, and other cities, often using sonic booms to intimidate the population. Earlier this year Terje Roed-Larsen, the UN envoy to Middle East, complained of “constant Israel violations against Lebanon,” but such stories seem to be of interest only to the Arab media.

But I guess all of that has no Importance whatsoever.

Muslims are always portaited as Terrorists, who attack Without any reason at all, and Israelis are always just Defending themselves. They did not do anything Wrong! They are the Poor Victims! Yet they always break numerous International Laws, UN Resolutions and Human Rights - but as usual, get away with it.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I was watching something about that early this morning

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Wiping out a so-called "democracy" like Lebanon can't be catagorized as genocide since the same race also makes up Syria, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordon and so forth.

The only nation in the region that should be spared any destruction should be Egypt.

See? I'm not a genocidal madman. The Egyptians and the Lebanese are of the same gene batch and I'm not out to destroy Egypt.

Besides, Nazi Germany was led by a maniac. Present day Israel isn't.

[edit on 18/7/06 by Intelearthling]

Deliberate and systematic destruction of a racial, political, or cultural group.
library.thinkquest.org/13915/gather/glossary.htm

A systematic attempt to annihilate a racial group or nation. The word was first used in 1944.
www.bl.uk/services/learning/curriculum/voices/refglos.html

means an offence under Subdivision B of Division 268.
scaleplus.law.gov.au/html/pasteact/1/686/1/PA005910.htm

The systematic, planned annihilation of an ethnic, racial or political group.
www.elissetche.org/dico/G.htm

is the deliberate destruction of an entire people or ethnic group.
dhrc.wright.edu/faces/glossary.htm

the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national or racial group.
www.earlham.edu/~pols/globalprobs/bosnia/glossary.html

was played in the video game Jeremy Mcgrath Pro Supercross
www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/The-Offspring

destruction of a culture and its people through physical extermination.
www.geocities.com/brianmyhre/5Def.htm

The United Nations Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide defines the term as: Any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group: (a) Killing members of the group; (b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; (d) Imposing measures ...
www.facsnet.org/issues/specials/kosovo/glossary.php3

The on-going policy of the United States toward Aboriginal Indigenous people. Genocide is defined by the United Nations in the International Convention for the Prevention and Punishment of Genocide, adopted in 1947 and ratified by the United States Senate during the Reagan Administration, which is reproduced in Appendix I.
www.maquah.net/We_Have_The_Right_To_Exist/WeHaveTheRight_26Glossary.html

From the word genus (race) and (cide), killing. Coined by Raphael Lemkin, a Russian Jewish jurist, in 1944, it refers to the intentional, systematic murder of all of the people in a targeted group. The 20th century is one of recurrent genocide including the Armenians in World War I, the Jews during World War II, and post-1945, genocides took place in many areas including Cambodia, Rwanda, Guatemala and the former Yugoslavia.
dal.lowell.smartedu.net/projects/afglossary.html

Mass murder of a racial, national or religious group.
www.banthebomb.org/archives/educ/glossary.html

A system of killing an entire people.
students.ithsnyc.org/flor2550/globalvoc1.html

the practice of killing all the members of a particular race or national group by another race or national group
www.naiadonline.ca/book/01Glossary.htm

systematic killing of a racial or cultural group
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Genocide has been defined as the deliberate killing of people based on their ethnicity, nationality, race, religion, or (sometimes) politics, as well as other deliberate action(s) leading to the physical elimination of any of the above categories. There is disagreement over whether the term genocide ought to be used for politically-motivated mass murders in general (compare "democide"),

Source

Intelearthling you are a sick person, and your opinions would put you in the likes of genocidal maniacs. Obviously by the definition posted, genocide is not limited to any specific race. It can target any group of people related by but not limited too nationality, race, religion, ethnicity, even politics. Please for the sake of humanity try to eliminate the hateful and genocidal thinking you harbor for people of middle eastern decent. You may inadvertanly raise racist children that way.

Why would you want to destroy Jordan? They have done nothing wrong.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Crakeur, Juddah, others... You're missing a key point:

It all started on July 12 when Israel troops were ambushed on Lebanon's side of the border with Israel. Hezbollah, which commands the Lebanese south, immediately seized on their crossing. They arrested two Israeli soldiers, killed eight Israelis and wounded over 20 in attacks inside Israeli territory.

Full Text Here

ISRAEL had troops in LEBANON, not the other way around.

-e

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by urbal
ISRAEL had troops in LEBANON, not the other way around.

Yep, its true. I wrote specifically about this fact last week. The spin machines in tandem with the Western corporate media reversed the entire incident to blame Hezbollah.

The Israeli troops were captured INSIDE Lebanon. That is why the Israelis had a hard time recovering the dead IDF troops. They were lying dead inside Lebanon with Hezbollah defending the area.

But the press simply tells us what the Israeli's want us to hear, that Hezbollah crossed into Israel and captured these soldiers without provocation. This is completely false.

Israeli Soldiers Were Captured INSIDE Lebanon

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Yup, second that motion Subz.

Inside LEBANON, heard it last week then it was drowned out by the "acts of war" nonsense coming out of Olmerts mouth. Again, hence why the dead IDF soldiers took several days to recover, as they just couldn't reach them. Now, if they were inside Israel, one would assume the IDF would have no problem at all? Hmmm.....

No doubt I will be summarily accused of anti-semitism now as I dared to criticise Israel.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
cnn:
"JERUSALEM (CNN) -- The Israeli Cabinet authorized "severe and harsh" retaliation on Lebanon after Hezbollah guerillas kidnapped two soldiers and killed three others in a cross-border raid Wednesday."

LA Times:
"guerrillas from the Shiite Muslim group Hezbollah seized two Israeli soldiers and killed eight others in a meticulously planned border raid."

Associated Press:
"Hezbollah's brazen cross-border raid opened a second front for the Israeli army"

Washington Post:
"The Lebanese Shiite Muslim group Hezbollah infiltrated the Israeli border Wednesday in a brazen raid, capturing two Israeli soldiers, killing three others "

This is all from links taken when I searched Israeli troops captured INSIDE Lebanon.

I have culled quotes from two pages of links on google. About midway down the second page comes the first mention of the troops being caught inside Lebanon. It's a link to this thread.

Seems to me that the whole world, including every arab nation other than Syria and Iran, is blaming Hezbollah for starting this mess. If they blame them, then they were not defending their own soil but, rather, operating in a cross border raid, like every other news source seems to think.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The soldiers were on a routine patrol on the Israeli side of the border. Hezbullah fired two AT rockets at their hummers, crossed the border, picked two injured soldiers and took off across the border into Lebanon. That is the truth - Believe what you want.

That is what makes Israel so pissed off and that is the justification that the entire world, including the Arab world, is giving Israel.

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 01:44 PM
link   

The soldiers were on a routine patrol on the Israeli side of the border. Hezbullah fired two AT rockets at their hummers, crossed the border, picked two injured soldiers and took off across the border into Lebanon. That is the truth - Believe what you want.

And what Proof will you give us, to Convince us that it is the Truth?

Apart from Zionist - I mean Israeli Defence Forces?

[edit on 19/7/06 by Souljah]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join