It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racist GOP to put vote challengers in black voting precincts

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Jefferson County Republicans intend to place Election Day challengers at 59 voting precincts in predominantly black neighborhoods, a move that NAACP leaders yesterday called blatant intimidation.

The GOP election workers, most of whom live outside the targeted precincts in western and central Louisville, Portland and Newburg, will be on hand to challenge voters who they suspect aren't eligible.

www.courier-journal.com...

You see why I HATE repugnants! You see why I call any person of color who sides with them an UNCLE TOM SELL OUT? I #ing hate these bastards.

The way these racist venal troglodytes are trying to bring back the "good ole days" of lynching and the like. THESE PEOPLE ARE CHALLENGING A BLACK AMERICAN CITIZEN'S RIGHT TO VOTE! THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN IN WHITE COUNTIES!

That's right, repugnants. I called you a bunch of knuckle-draggin cave dwellers! You are filthy, corrupt, evil, racist, and traitorous. You repugnants step into those 59 precincts and challenge a black person's right to vote and I think some repugnants are gonna start bleedin.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
No, honestly, I don't. Since the DNC loves to have the ineligible to vote, I'd say it is pretty much necessary.

Gee, why don't you hate the sorry tactics puled by the DNC? Talk about an hypocritical, knuckledragging blindman...

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
No, honestly, I don't. Since the DNC loves to have the ineligible to vote, I'd say it is pretty much necessary.

Gee, why don't you hate the sorry tactics puled by the DNC? Talk about an hypocritical, knuckledragging blindman...

Oh, so why aren't there any challengers in the white counties? Why? Because white is alright. Because YOU ALL are trying to bring it back to the days before civil rihgts.The days of public lynching.The days of separate but equal. That's why you repugnants are so detestable.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Could it be that the white communities are not ripe for DNC manipulation, and the DNC targets other areas to spin their deceit? Could it be that you are trying to read race into it when the reality is one must fight the DNC creeps where they are found to be pulling there usual junk? Pretty good reverse spin you are trying, though. The typical non-reading, non-thinking, knee-jerk liberal would have bought you attempt at propaganda.

Some of us are not 18 year old veggies, just fallen off the turnip truck, still dazed by the slimey rhetoric of the liberal education system.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I am neither democrat or republican. I vote my conscience, but it seems to me like the republican party has sunk to being a bunch of cry-babies every time they lose an election. This seems to be their way of swaying the odds in their direction.

He said the decision to use challengers this year had nothing to do with previous elections in which Republicans questioned the procedures or voting in some West End precincts. Republicans questioned voting practices in western Louisville in 1995 when Democrat Paul Patton narrowly defeated Republican Larry Forgy for governor.

And last year Republican Mike Czerwonka alleged there were a variety of voting irregularities on Election Day when he lost to Democrat Paul Bather by 695 votes in the 43rd District race. Jefferson election officials said they found no improprieties.

Harry Rothgerber, first assistant to Stengel, said the office used signed oath cards to investigate one or two voter challenges in the early 1990s, but no prosecutions resulted.

All this racist bullsh*t has got to end!! How are we ever going to progress beyond petty prejudices, if the people we elect are promoting the very thing we NEED to destroy?

I'm sorry, but you cannot tell me that it is just a coincidence that all of the precincts with challengers "happen" to be black communities. Things like this are NEVER coincidental.

I am so sick of politicians using the black community as their plaything. Politicians (on both sides) don't give a rats *ss about the black community any time other than election time. Then they prance around like they are God's gift to the ghetto. They've got to keep the vote "fair" so that no one gets elected that should. The easiest way to do that is to intimidate the black community because they are just now gaining a voice and effecting the elections. " Better shut them up before to many of them realize they can really make a difference!"

The Republican party, at one time, represented self-government and minimum governmental interference. Somewhere along the way, as the rich got richer, the Republican party became the equivalent of a fascist regime. They were supposed to stand for a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people". NOT a people "of the government, by the government, and for the government."

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As long as the communities allow themselves to be manipulated, they will be.

As I said when Clinton was trouncing the nation, it isn't the dog's fault for biting, it is the human's fault for allowing himself to be bitten.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
As long as the communities allow themselves to be manipulated, they will be.

As I said when Clinton was trouncing the nation, it isn't the dog's fault for biting, it is the human's fault for allowing himself to be bitten.

Jezebel, that was a good comment.

TC, as you just exemplified: Evil sits comfortably in the repugnant. You have a clear example of racism by YOUR party right in your face and you condone it. This article proves everything I said was true of the WHOLE lot of you repugnants. But, we all knew it, I was just the one to say it out loud.

But, we all know your response to this. Go to the lame old default stock answer: "Clinton, blah, blah, whatever, and no one's listening to me."

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Sorry, TC, the Colonel has this one.

This is pretty much a case of Republiklansmen saying in other terms "Darkie too stupid to vote".

Why are republiklansmen here challenging the vote? Hello, but sorry, the republiklansmen give blacks absolutely NO reason to vote for them. If I was black, id probably swing left too, since the right pretty much caters to the white christian male, and everyone else is insignifigant or a sidekick. I think blacks can decide to vote for themselves, and who they want, and as far as ineligibility........ n

It dont happen in white districts? Dont make me laugh.

Given the history of crooked election rigging and the like, by the republicans, id say this is indeed another intimidation tactic.

Blacks and minorities arent brainwashed. They are going to vote for the candidate thats gonna look out for them best. That sure as # aint gonna be a republican, unless hes a REALLY moderate republican.

I aint liberal or conservative. personally, I think blacks, whites, hispanics could do themselves a great service by ditching the incumbant parties and get people in who actually understand and care about solving REAL problems. But, sicne we are forever nogged down in this useless two party system, no sense in giving one or the other a fair advantage.

White christian males vote republiucan, because thats the party thats gonna look out for them and thier interest. And blacks, hispanics, women, ect will swing left, cuz thats whose gonna look out for them.

And this, of course, is a blatant attempt at the right wing to tamper with, bully, and push an election in thier favor. Somehow, even if the democrats do produce an impressive cabdidate. the republicans will have this thing so far twisted, they will win.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Skadi, thnks.

This repugnant mentality is nothing new. It has been going on for centuries. These people are a group of hypocritical racist, mysogynist, facist (in the closet) homophobes. That's a lot of "ists." But, its all true. And its appalling and disgusting to me that they are like this and "Praise the Lord" on Sunday.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
very soon all the world will realize that the Republicans have been stealing elections. How long will we take it in the a$$?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The world already knows that the repugnats are thugs and criminals who steal elections. The question is who is the MAN or WOMAN to stand up to them and call them on it.

But, we can see that the repugnant is given unto the hand of the wicked.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
And TC, this is for you and your condonation of this....

Ecclesiastes 7
7 Surely oppression maketh a wise man mad;

And I'm downright pissed at this.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
How much longer until people realize the GOP is the equivalent of the NAZI PARTY?

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
BTW, anyone else here seen "unprecedented"? It's a documentary showing how over a thousand people were barred from voting in Florida for no apparent reason. Strangely, everyone who was barred from voting was black.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No, this is the first I've heard of this film. Where can I get it? It is not surprising about the Florida election , tho. It is typical of the repugnant party.

However, I must disagree on the Nazi analogy. They are WORSE than the Nazi party. At least the Nazis had a style of dress and some intellect. When I say the repugnants are just knuckle-dragging dumb trolls and thugs, I mean that literally.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Colonel--I found the trailer for Unprecedented on NOFX's "The War on Errorism" cdextra thing. The full film is available at www.uprecedented.org , or through amazon.com for 15 bucks for VHS or 17 bucks for DVD. I'd recommend it.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Thanks. Much obliged.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:26 PM
link   
No problem Colonel. I'm glad I can help spread the word, especially when it's to those who agree with me.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:21 AM
link   
One word: Kentucky.

This seems to be a useless tactic. You show up to vote, have your registration card or info on record at the polling station and vote if you are on the list....no problem. Ignorant indeed and blatant vote challenging, albeit legal to these morons.

That being said.......

Both parties have employed challengers in the past, although county clerk spokeswoman Paula McCraney said the county election board doesn't keep records on challengers or challenged votes.
Democrats said they couldn't remember the last time they used challengers, but Cato said he recalls Democratic challengers in some ward races for alderman as recently as the mid-1990s.

Why..oh, I'm sorry, the Left won't explain when they use the same bull crap tactics because it is fair when they do it to others in the name of democracy.....

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
That being said.......

Both parties have employed challengers in the past, although county clerk spokeswoman Paula McCraney said the county election board doesn't keep records on challengers or challenged votes.
Democrats said they couldn't remember the last time they used challengers, but Cato said he recalls Democratic challengers in some ward races for alderman as recently as the mid-1990s.

Why..oh, I'm sorry, the Left won't explain when they use the same bull crap tactics because it is fair when they do it to others in the name of democracy.....

This issue is centered more around the blatant attempt to suppress a specific ethnic community's vote by intimidation. If the republican party had placed challengers throughout a variety of different community voting polls. With a variety of different voters, not just amongst black democrats, it may not have been so detestable. As it stands, we don't know any of the circumstances surrounding the Democratic use of challengers. What were the reasons? Were their republican challengers present as well? What was the division of challengers amongst the different communities? Was there an obvious attempt at subversion? We only have the facts for this current incident, so we can't really discuss the '95 election beyond pure speculation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join