It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Terri Schiavo be allowed to die. / 10/22/04 UPDATE

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just curious...

what are your thoughts on this sad situation in Florida?

Does the Husband have the right to end her life or should the parents be allowed to make the decision to keep her alive ?

Should there be a law that says in a case like this, the husband can be granted a divorce from Terri Schiavo , and go forward with his life... ????

[edit on 23-9-2004 by elevatedone]

[edit on 22-10-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think they need to use the same statutes as missing presumed dead...7 years. She's been a vegetable for around 13 years or more... It's insane to expect him to put his life on hold for that long... Granted, there's some questionable practices by the husband, especially lately, but all things considered, it's time to let her go...

I should add, this is a home town case for me....

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
funny...my dad always said he wants me to pull the tube out of him if he's ever in that state. There's no way I could do it. so in short...no she shouldnt die. Not when her 'husband' stands to gain a #load of money off of it. And has had absolutely NO treatment ordered for her. I guess my position is a bit neutral, it depends a lot on the particular situation. But in this case, the husband is literally trying to kill her so he can run off with the money, and his new girlfriend and 2 or 3 new kids. It's sick.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
...Having your fingers 'crossed', when the VOW is taken, 'for better or worse'... does Not count !!
~~~

the woman is not Chattel
to be plugged in or switched off, at a whim

I would like to think KARMA will prevail

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I guess my thought's are...

If the husband wants to go on with his life, that's great, he can be given some special "divorce-separation" from her and go on... however, without any insurance money.

The parents want to keep her alive, that's fine too, however, the costs and burden are now with them, upon her death, they are given the insurance money.

just my thoughts, if I was in that situation, who knows what I would do.. just pray I guess

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
oh yeah... for better or for worse... those words..
you can't forget those...

who knows.... God be with us all!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:52 PM
link   
AH HA....new reviews of old evidence,,,,is KARMA finally showing up?

questions are being raised...--> see article:

www.worldnetdaily.com...

U can get involved--> www.terrisfight.org...

what's really amazing to me is that some news reporting has been going on since at least last November, and the whole sad tragedy is been 'whisper', 'low key', copy...

see list of related articles at bottom of WND.com story

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by riffraffalunas]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I wouldn't want the plug pulled on me! Leave my plugs in!

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I think starving someone to death is cruel and inhumane. According to the article below there's going to be a state to probe family's claim of spousal abuse. It's about time.

terrisfight.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
There been a few cases over here in england and they ended up going to a place in Amsterdam that helps them to die there was even a tv programme on ch4 a few weeks back any of you see it

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
No she should not be allowed to die. Everything is pointing to her husband gaining if she is allowed to die. If he is not after money, give her a divorce and let her family take care of her. He never tried to rehabilitate her, and he never will. It's a simple case of his word against their word. And when it comes to a human life, she should be given every chance. (She didn't have a living will!!!) Worst case senerio, she wants to go, but give her family the chance to rehabilitate her...at least then, they can live in PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
If I ever turn into a vegetable like that, pull the plug. I would like people to remember me as witty and intellectually acute...not a drooling idiot with no chance of recovery.

But, if Jeb (as the State) is gonna defy the LAW and start force feeding people, why doesn't he do it to that girl, Kate Moss or Lucy Liu? These people need food desperately!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
The thing is she is not on a ventilator or any assisting devices.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, its ok to be a vegetable for the rest of your life...anybody ever deal the the QUALITY of life argument? What is the quality of her life now?No emotion, never able to experience anything in human terms...nothing.

Just a vegetable.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Colonel, that is the whole problem and is the twenty thousand dollar question. Some argue she is not in such a vegetated state, and others argue she is in a vegetated state.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
Colonel, that is the whole problem and is the twenty thousand dollar question. Some argue she is not in such a vegetated state, and others argue she is in a vegetated state.

What'd the doctors say?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I have to confess, I haven't been keeping track of this story as some of the other members on this BB, but there has been many doctors associated with this, and there are different stories from them(not all)

I know what you were thinking.. the doctors would have the definative answer, but evidently thats not the case :/

I believe there is a somewhat recent thread on this very topic around with some good links.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
She isn't a total Veg. yet and even is she was you still DO NOT PULL THE FEEDING HOSE to kill someone in this type of situation. Even Cold Blooded Killers get a quick Injection or Humane Death.

But besides all that this isn't over yet. Their is some skeletons showing up like a Greatful Dead Cover out of this guy's closet. This guy is after $$$ that has come from his Dying Wifes Condition. He could have walked away long ago but he's a Grave Digger of sorts. Of course I may be wrong, but just wait, there are a few details that need some serious looking at, once you become aware of them. This guy will be found out soon enough and it ain't gonna be pretty!

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
She isn't a total Veg. yet and even is she was you still DO NOT PULL THE FEEDING HOSE to kill someone in this type of situation. Even Cold Blooded Killers get a quick Injection or Humane Death.

So give her the injection.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   

So give her the injection.

I'm not against that at all if it comes to it.

The thing is there is more to this story than has been brought to the light so far. This Guy has Refused Pro Bono work from mulitple Doctors who said they would treat here. He had her medical records Sealed by Court Order at the very begining that apparently show abuse and trama that goes beyond what she should have. Those facts amonst other things to me says that she belongs under the care of her Mother and Father and not her husband that is just waiting to get rid of her anyway and get on with his life.

But I'm not against pulling the plug on someone who's a brainless bag of skin. If I'm like that, please yank the plug! But make sure it's like a heart machine or something that takes me out within minutes...Not my food tube so that I slowly die off over a week or 10 days. Hell, take a bat to my head before that kind of treatment!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join