Marine who helped rescue Jessica Lynch Murdered.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Yes, thats right. An American marine who helped save Jessica Lynch was killed by another American gunman.

Heres the story and link.

"Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung, 22, and a family friend, Vouthy Tho, 21, were killed early Sunday in a garage at a Long Beach home by a gunman who fired six to eight shots before fleeing, police said."

www.cnn.com...

^^^ There is the rest of the story. ^^^

Can't believe it. Your thoughts?

-wD

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Truly sad.
I had a friend in highschool who went to Guatemala to do Peace Corp work. She was an angel and we were glad when she came home 2 years later.

She was back home for 2 weeks and was carjacked, shot to death and left in the dessert.

It just goes to show that danger is everywhere/anywhere.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
That really sucks. He rescues Jessica, Survives Iraq and then comes home only to be murdered in cold blood by a FELLOW american!

This really makes me ill.....

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Yes, my stomach churned when I first saw it. This is truly sad. I hope justice is served and they give this guy a just punishment. But the worst part is, like you said, he was a FELLOW american...incredible...

-wD

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I'm sure it's no surprise to anyone to hear of someone being murdered in Long Beach, California. This just proves that the administration should stop dicking around in other countries and mend our internal problems first.

You can fight against rebels in a severely dangerous, war torn, hateful country like Iraq. But those rebels are no match for a Crip witha 9 milly. Maybe we should stop locking them up and send them off to fight our wars, gangsters grow up with guns and violence so we'd probably have few casualties.

This article does not mention gang members anywhere in it, but using my stereotyping skills I put 2+2 together. Long Beach + murder = everyday occurance in a gang ridden community.

*I am not cold hearted, I am saddened by the fact that one of jessica lynches saviours was murdered. It's just that it usually takes a tragedy before someone realizes the problems at hand.

*Edit for Skadi - Long Beach can be just as bad as Compton, Watts or Paramount. I think Long Beach borders Compton and Paramount anyway. Long Beach is a big region and though some neighborhoods may be nice, others are horrible. South Central LA is in need of geographical hospitalization.

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by insite]

[Edited on 22-10-2003 by insite]

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Shot by a gunman in Long Beach?

Guys, Long Beach isnt exactly a really violent area, ya know. If it was compton or watts, I might shrug, but Long Beach?

Pretty wierd, dont ya think? And Just who shot this poor kid?

I shall have to look into this paticular soldier.......Marine.....something amiss, neh?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
grrr makes me angry. I mean a fellow soldier?? wonder what he was thinkin. Yea i just fought for my country aside this guy but now im goin to kill him?

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wait..where does it say he was killed by a fellow soldier? Thought it was a civilian gunman? Or did I miss something???

-wD

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I think I missed it too. I thought he was just killed be some crazy who ran away. Probably some kid going through his gang initiation.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I posted this article on many of the military forums I post at...

it is a VERY SAD LOSS to hear one of my brothers (I'm also a Marine) go down...

IT PISSES ME OFF TO KNOW THAT THIS WAS RACIALY MOTIVATED

A few Marines that are in the area say that it was supposedly a random killing from a Mexican to the Asian Marine.

I myself am Mexican and have lived around racism for 13 years before the corps (small town in GA). That crap is stupid. I don't beleive in it. And I don't think it should be condoned.

NOTE TO THE FALLEN MARINE:
"I hope to see you standing gaurd on the main gate of Heaven"

Semper Fi!

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I bet you did basic at Parris Island right? I delivered so many pizzas there this summer. I come from Beaufort, SC and it is heavily Marin-ated, with the east coast training facility at PI and ther MCAS Beaufort located there. I know many marines and to think that the worst possible threat this man faced was domestic sickens me. I did not know it was racially motivated and that just makes it worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
I bet you did basic at Parris Island right? I delivered so many pizzas there this summer. I come from Beaufort, SC and it is heavily Marin-ated, with the east coast training facility at PI and ther MCAS Beaufort located there. I know many marines and to think that the worst possible threat this man faced was domestic sickens me. I did not know it was racially motivated and that just makes it worse.

I actually lived in GA..was told that I would be going to PI for boot camp. Had a friend that was a former RECON and said that training in the desert and mountains was alot harder that the island and bugs.

I paid for a ticket and went to TX. I enlisted there and went to boot camp in San Deigo. SEMPER FI!

I have been deployed and served with some units from Beafort SC.

And yes..

It does sicken me that racism is still alive and strong.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It wasnt random...It is a warning to others that may try to expose covert actions over Iraq.
Public lesson number two from the CIA...any questions?

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
VOD is right. This is not your average hit and run, cowardly gunman murder. It more complex then that.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1
VOD is right. This is not your average hit and run, cowardly gunman murder. It more complex then that.

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
It wasnt random...It is a warning to others that may try to expose covert actions over Iraq.
Public lesson number two from the CIA...any questions?

There is no friend anywhere - Lao Tse

Why would you guys say that?

Many locals know the racial divide between the Mexicans and the Asians in the area.

Few weeks before an the only Asian kid in a wedding was shot dead from across the street or so.

If the shoe fits....well...

I doubt an organization would use its time and resources to do something like this.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by TejanoRey
I doubt an organization would use its time and resources to do something like this.

DOD/CIA would if he knew too much about something.

But from the report, the gunmen fired six to eight times and hit him in the head once. That's lousy shooting.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla

Originally posted by TejanoRey

DOD/CIA would if he knew too much about something.

But from the report, the gunmen fired six to eight times and hit him in the head once. That's lousy shooting.

correct the CIA/gov't wouldnt miss that many times, unless someone paid this punk along the line.

On a more sincere note,
I can try to take the pain of those who have been harmed by this tragedy, but only God alone, can guide such a cure.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Yes, thats right. An American marine who helped save Jessica Lynch was killed by another American gunman.

Heres the story and link.

"Lance Cpl. Sok Khak Ung, 22, and a family friend, Vouthy Tho, 21, were killed early Sunday in a garage at a Long Beach home by a gunman who fired six to eight shots before fleeing, police said."

www.cnn.com...

^^^ There is the rest of the story. ^^^

Can't believe it. Your thoughts?

-wD

Damn that's #in tragic. Probably some stupid ass protester of the war who was against it from day 1. Either that or it was probably some angry Muslim.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 05:10 AM
link   
bet it was a hit by the us governbment to cover up the story of the lynch rescue

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is a tradgedy, indeed. Not to sound uninteresting, or anything, but it sounds more like a gang-style hit to me. I mean, on one hand, you could say it could've been made to look like that, with all those bullets missing. However, the story says he was a part of the DIVERSIONARY force in Lynch rescue. He wasn't actually in on the dog and pony show. He probably didn't even know what the objective of their mission was. That's not something their leaders would likely share. If any of them had been taken prisoner there needed to be "plausible deniability," so to speak. What reason would the government have to kill him? I really don't see any conspiracy beyond a tragic, criminal act.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join