It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US scientists back autism link to MMR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 12:48 AM
link   

US scientists back autism link to MMR

The measles virus has been found in the guts of children with a form of autism, renewing fears over the safety of the MMR jab.

American researchers have revealed that 85 per cent of samples taken from autistic children with bowel disorders contain the virus. The strain is the same as the one used in the measles, mumps and rubella triple vaccine.

The findings will spark fresh concern about MMR, because they back theories of a causal link between the jab, autism and painful gut disorders suffered by a number of autistic children.

More...

Man! This is like watching ping pong... :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
No replies thus far, strange, isn't it?

Seems like mercury wasn't the only problem with vaccines, even though the discussion usually revolved around thiomersal. f-ex:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, the autism/vaccination scandal cannot be kept under the rug for much longer it seems, the big question is can gov't and big pharma derail the inevitable lawsuits or not. if they can't the medical profession will receive a black eye that'll hurt them for ages.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
No replies thus far, strange, isn't it?

Yes! But then again, we apparently live in a country where THIS is permitted, and very few seem to bat an eyelash over it.

Why should we be surprised at all?

[edit on 3-6-2006 by loam]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I saw a big doco or news report on this. I think it was on 4 Corners, which is a great investigative news program here in Australia. It was focusing on the research by UK doctors and scientists. Talked to the Dr, a specalist in I can't remember what now, that basically first found this in the gut of many children he was treating, and linked it to the MMR jab.

I think some big pharma don't want us knowing this mind you, as always. I seem to remember in the UK for instance, it is possible to get the 3 jab's seperately, which is considered safe if a long enough time is left between them. The problem seemed to be, as i remember that the immune system can't deal with the three vaccinations at once -- and this is the outcome -- which to me seems very plausable. God knows how long the trails were on the MMR Vaccine -- as far as im concerned like this and any medicine, we cannot and will not know the true extent of its effects for many decades, in some cases.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Im sure that the drug companies all have extensive disinformation campaigns prepared to subdue this inconvienent little tidbit of information.

They will say something like, the benfits outweigh the risks.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Personaly the risk of autism is lower than the risk of dying from measles mumps or rubella if the population dosen't have a high enough imunity so I'm reasured that I have had the vacine. Although it would be nice to know the truth about the autism link I also know how people tend to panic at such links which at least in the uk has already lead to deaths.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Im sure that the drug companies all have extensive disinformation campaigns prepared to subdue this inconvienent little tidbit of information.

They will say something like, the benfits outweigh the risks.

so true Skadi/

There was a doc here a few yrs back about vaccines and a doctor spoke up and said he had children himself, and he would not vaccinate them
Drug companies are all in it for the money and nothing else!
Book i read was about how doctors put their ''SHARES'' into pharmacueticals(spelling) and strike it rich...
Im am *%$( at all this bull** in the world....aint funny!
Hmmm,
ok
i feel better now!
helen

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A=6 B=12 C=18 D=24 ETC

VACCINATION =666 as does the word INSANITY ,WITCHCRAFT and NEWYORK.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You bet you!

Stone Phillips (Dateline NBC) did a piece on Autism this week and it was supposedly about a controversial treatment (chelating
)... That was the way it was served up.

Instead what was presented was a 100% propaganda piece served on top of a pyramid of lies, lies, and more lies.

Highpoints.
- Innoculations good. Saved the entire universe from disease.
- Thimersol good. Doctors say so.
- People whose autism was minimized by chelation therapy would have 'grown out of it' anyway.

Stone, you are one dumbass parrot and an embarassment to REAL JOURNALISTS.

Stone: "I may be a hand puppet for an industry that kills more people every week than the 9/11 terrorist attack, but... I feel pretty! Oh SO pretty!"

What a hack.

No golemina! Tell us what you REALLY think...

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Is this ruling out mercury? Do non-autistic children with bowel disorders have this strain related virus? I still wonder about mercury in fish women consume. This is all so sad.
I have had the unfortunate experience, however, of knowing an infant who suffered terribly and died after being exposed to and getting pertusis, before she could complete the series of vaccinations. So I cannot say today don't vaccinate. More needs to be done around the world to keep these diseases under control.

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
So let me give you a brief overview...

Innoculations KILL/maim far more people than the diseases they are supposed to prevent. That would be fine if innoculations really work, the sad truth is the effectiveness is GREATLY exaggerated.

The mercury in vaccines is NOT an active part of the innoculation. It is only a preservative... As in to increase the shelf life. It is main culprit in causing autism. It's MERCURY people!

Thimerosal (the mercury compound used in vaccines) is supposedly not being used anymore. Pure fiction. Still in use, the fact that it is supposedly NOT being used any more is purely voluntary.

The MMR vaccine does wind up putting the virus in the now defective guts of autistic children... Along with everything else a devastated immune system lets set up residence in these kids guts.

The mercury supposedly found in fish is in quantities far below that found in innoculations. The people who put forth this mostly old wives tales... REALLY don't want you to eat fish... which coincidentally remedies MANY degenerative diseases... As in a panacea.

Doctors actively block ANY attempts to get to any of the root causes of autism.

If your child has an adverse reaction to a vaccine... GOOD LUCK reporting it!

If you think you can in ANY way investigate what has happened to your child after they get crippled by the innoculations, GOOD LUCK getting your MD to run ANY tests that would shed ANY light on what has occurred! Do you REALLY think you are in charge of your own health, despite YOUR insurance company paying the bills? Sorry no.

Doctors in the USA kill more people EVERY week than the 9/11 terrorists attacks.

Oops! Almost forgot...

Long Lance:
>Anyway, the autism/vaccination scandal cannot be kept under the rug for much longer it seems, the big question is can gov't and big pharma derail the inevitable lawsuits or not. if they can't the medical profession will receive a black eye that'll hurt them for ages.

Lawsuits?
Not going to happen!

After 9/11 the vaccine manufacturers were EXEMPTED from lawsuits... In the name of national security, of course.

Just prior to 9/11, there was a particularly devastating class action lawsuit that was starting to get traction in Texas. These guys had really done their homework... The payout would have been massive... As in billions.

I guess that's not a problem any more, now is it?

[edit on 6-6-2006 by golemina]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by desert
Is this ruling out mercury? Do non-autistic children with bowel disorders have this strain related virus? I still wonder about mercury in fish women consume. This is all so sad.
I have had the unfortunate experience, however, of knowing an infant who suffered terribly and died after being exposed to and getting pertusis, before she could complete the series of vaccinations. So I cannot say today don't vaccinate. More needs to be done around the world to keep these diseases under control.

Hi desert/
Yes, you are right about the mercury in some fish...not all fish have high levels of mercury, a documantary on a current affairs program showed women that are pregnant or want to conceive, should only eat fish once a fortnight.
Whilst before the findings, fish was suppose to be eaten three times a week .
I know that 'flake' (shark?) is famous in the 'fish'n chips here in Oz, and is considered to be in the high risk category.......
helen

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Golemina, you are certainly right about the limitations of a doctor's practice. People can be given treatments but not ever know why something happens.
Do you have a link to more info on Texas lawsuit? I would like to read up on it. Is there anything on ATS about it?
I remember hearing for years how girls don't get autism. Well, I know a family where both daughters are autistic; and a young family in town found out this year their daughter has autism. That's the reason I asked about mercury in general, because her mother eats lots of fish. Like other cases, this child was developing normally, then stopped and regressed. I urged the grandmother to go online for info and groups, and she found resources.
Oh, I see Helen670 has posted, too. Thanks

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by kipman725
Personaly the risk of autism is lower than the risk of dying from measles mumps or rubella if the population dosen't have a high enough imunity so I'm reasured that I have had the vacine. Although it would be nice to know the truth about the autism link I also know how people tend to panic at such links which at least in the uk has already lead to deaths.

be a mind numbed autist or die from measles

ever heard of SIDS and other strange infant deaths? these might just be connected to vaccines, but shelved as 100+ different diseases so you won't notice

Originally posted by desert
Is this ruling out mercury? Do non-autistic children with bowel disorders have this strain related virus? I still wonder about mercury in fish women consume. This is all so sad. .

edit: reused old post of mine (from ATSNN)

www.generationrescue.org...
The mercury received in a vaccine is no greater than in a can of tuna. Eating a can of tuna has certainly never caused autism.
This myth has received a lot of publicity because it offers an analogy anyone can understand and makes the mercury-autism connection appear trivial.

We can start by comparing a 200-pound male adult consuming tuna with the infant who receives a single vaccine on their first day of birth (since day-old infants don't eat tuna). On the first day of birth an infant receives the Hep B vaccine with about 25 micrograms of ethlymercury - this does approximate the 30 micrograms of methlymercury in an average can of tuna. Since the average infant weighs about 7 pounds, the weight equivalent number of cans of tuna for an adult would be 28 cans. (The adult male weighs 28x more than the infant.)

If you take those 28 cans of tuna and distill it down to mercury content, you would have 840 micrograms of mercury (30 micrograms per can). Keep in mind that the stomach successfully absorbs and excretes about 90% of any mercury ingested through food, leaving only about 10% of the mercury to be absorbed into the bloodstream. Since the mercury in vaccines is injected directly into the bloodstream where 100% of it can be absorbed by the organs, you would need an additional 252 cans of tuna to get the equivalent amount of mercury into the bloodstream for a total of 280 cans of tuna and 8,400 micrograms of methlymercury.

Also, remember that a developing brain is far more sensitive to toxins than an adult brain. Current estimates say mercury is 5-10x more toxic for a developing brain. We'll use the low end of that range, so multiply the 280 cans of tuna by 5 and you get 1,400 cans of tuna.

So, receiving the Hep B vaccine with Thimerosal on the first day of birth is the equivalent of a 200-pound adult male consuming 1,400 cans of tuna in a single day. One final adjustment: the adult male in the analogy needs to have no capacity to excrete mercury. As Boyd Haley, Ph.D. notes, "it is very well known that infants do not produce significant levels of bile or have adult renal capacity for several months after birth. Bilary transport is the major biochemical route by which mercury is removed from the body, and infants cannot do this very well."

So, a 200-pound male who consumes 1,400 cans of tuna in a single day and has their ability to excrete mercury severely diminished is the same as a day-old infant receiving the Hep B vaccine. Now the analogy is fair.

Fish is a strawman, it would take 1000+ cans to rival the effect of a single thiomersal shot, of course, now even IF they acknowledged it's all mercury's fault, at no time would they mention vaccines, they'd be talking about reckless fish-eating pregnant women

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Long Lance]

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I've GONE OFF before about SIDS before and how it is NOT A REAL DISEASE.

It's entirely a fabricated/fantasy disease to cover up the wholesale death of many infants due to essentially bad batches of vaccines that FEDERAL authoritys REFUSE to pull... despite little kids are dropping like flies.

If you search for me, you'll find my comments**.

Nothing is ever going to happen until people really get aggressive and ignore the MDs and basically start calling it like it really happens.

A good place to start would be to rename Austism to MERCURY POISONING.
Or SIDS to (covered up) INNOCULATION DEATH. CUID... Kind of catchy, don't you think?
Or Cancer to Death by Intentional Poisoning.
Or Diabetes to ...
Or Rheum...
Or...

**As a further hint, I think I was berating our resident medical disinformation agent, and now a doctor, Bsl4doc.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This just in today...

New warning for canned tuna: Mercury risk for pregnant women too high, Consumer Reports says

The chance that canned tuna will contain high levels of mercury is great enough that pregnant women should never eat it, according to new recommendations from a leading consumer group...

The newspaper reported late last year that about 15 percent of canned light tuna--the kind of tuna touted by the FDA as a low-mercury option--is made with a species that often contains high amounts of the toxic metal.

FDA officials later revealed that 6 percent of canned light tuna sampled between 2001 and 2005 had mercury levels that exceeded the average in canned albacore tuna, which the federal government tells pregnant women and young children to limit eating because it tends to have high levels of mercury.

In a two-page article in the July issue of Consumer Reports, the consumer group also urged pregnant women to shun four other kinds of seafood because of mercury concerns--Chilean sea bass, halibut, American lobster and Spanish mackerel.

More...

See Mercury and your Tuna

[edit on 7-6-2006 by loam]

new topics

top topics

join