It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Muslim Money behind DaVinci Movie

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
According to this report it is a British Muslim who mostly
financially backed the DaVinci movie. hmmmm. Wonder
if we will see any of the 2 billion Christians around the
world riot and call for death to him and/or other muslims
since DaVinci is disrespectful to Christianity and is
considered blasphemous.

That's what we saw when a simple cartoon was printed
about Muhammed afterall. And this movie is so
much more than a simple cartoon in a small
'out of the way' country. (out of the way as opposed
to world wide - like this movie)

So .. did he back this movie because it was a potential
good moneymaker, or did he back it because he's
anti-Christian and wants to destroy Christianity?
Or both?? Or is this report wrong?

www.thechurchreport.com...

Mohammed Yusef's Invicta Capital put up most of
the estimated 200 million dollars it cost to make the film
version of Dan Brown's novel

And another source -
www.assistnews.net...

The Da Vinci Code movie qualified for an outgoing regime
of tax breaks because it was partially shot in the United Kingdom.
The British government is phasing out the tax incentives because
of allegations of abuse.

The British government thus is helping Mohammed to conduct a jihad
against Christians by promoting the Bible bashing, anti-Christian
propaganda in The Da Vinci Code.

And from the AP
www.thepath.fm...

Baehr told reporters at a Washington news conference, "I think
it's a very serious problem when people start funding movies and books
to attack somebody else's religious faith."

He said the financial backing for "The Da Vinci Code" reveals "a terrible
double standard" by Muslims who erupt in violent protests when they
believe their own faith is being attacked.

And the very short bio on the man from his company.
hmmmm - wonder what these other 'financial deals' are?
He's a lawer ...

www.invictacapital.co.uk...
More - he's expanding into Canada and America
www.playbackmag.com...

Leaseback maven and Invicta Capital founder Mohamed Yusef
is mostly responsible for the company's access and expertise. A former
director of leaseback financing at U.K. financing firm Matrix for the past
five years, Yusef decided to set out on his own earlier this year, taking
with him the bulk of his Matrix team and investor pool

Invicta home page (kinda bland 'front' page .. hmmmm)
www.invictacapital.co.uk...

[edit on 5/21/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
There should be a movie debunking the whole muslim religon, why is jesus always in question and not all the other religions in the world ?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Oh my God....

The size of hype Dan Brown's book is causing is unbelievable.

First of all, the idea that Jesus had kids didn't came from Muslims, it came from the christian world. The second that book sold more then 1 million copies it was prefectly clear that there will be a movie based on it.
It is not that important who decided to get rich on it: Ron Howard, Tom Hanks or any other christians who are part of the movie, or the guy who finances it and happens to be Muslim.

Another thing, danish cartoon depicted Mohammad as terrorist and mass murderer. Dan Brown didnt even remotely do such thing to Jesus. He simply wrote a fictional book about Jesus having kids, idea based on another book based on documents from middle ages based on legends circling around the world. You cannot even begin to compare those two things.

Anyone with access to any kind of information about the world KNOWS already about Da Vinci Code, so making a movie about it won't change much. EVERYBODY knows about that idea already, an idea that, as I already said, came from the christian world.

To blame it on Muslims and some insanely over-blown idea of them wanting to destroy christianity with a fictional movie, is just plain ridiculous.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I'm with paperclip on this one. This seems a desperate attempt to blame a FICTIONAL BOOK on an opposing religion.

Very unfortunate.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I agree with paperclip too. Also, if you ever do decide to the read the book or watch the movie, you'll realize that the main character talks about how he prayed to Jesus and states that there is no reason Jesus couldn't have performed the miracles he did despite the conclusion drawn in the movie. The book also attacks parts of Islam as well, for example, noting that there are no female clerics (which has to do with the premise of the movie).

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by imbalanced
There should be a movie debunking the whole muslim religon, why is jesus always in question and not all the other religions in the world ?

WTF are you talking about?

Ever seen any Monty Python?

All religions are fair game for derision, ridicule, parody, cynicism, mockery, satire, persilflag, raillery, sarcasm and lampooning.

It ain't just Jesus!!

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

... or did he back it because he's

Its just a movie...If someone wants to believe its real, good for them, who cares?
Jesus never forced his belief on anyone, nor tried to convert people...Not sure he would have been a good Christian...he was more Buddhist and let people be.

Also, how can you destroy that which is real...if it is real?
And how can you destroy that which is not real?

peace

dalen

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen
Its just a movie... who cares?

I agree with you.

HOWEVER .. (there always is a 'however' or a 'but') there are people who
are looking at this and saying it's a conspiracy by a muslim to thwart
christianity.

Yes, the story came from a non-muslim source. But they are saying the
muslims picked up the ball and ran with it.

I have looked at the background of the fella' who backed the movie.
Yes he's muslim, he's young, he's business savy ... but I can't find
anything else about him.

I think it's just a case of a smart business guy making a ton of money.
(or probably will make a ton of money when the movie is out for a while).

2 side comments - Would he have made the movie if it blew apart Islam? Nope.

And those complaining about this do have a valid point. The danish cartoons
depicted Muhammed as a terrorist murderer and it slammed Islam. This
movie does the same thing. The church with murderers (considering
PJPI's murder - that's probably true) and it blows apart christianity.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Big Muslim Money behind DaVinci Movie

According to this report it is a British Muslim who mostly
financially backed the DaVinci movie. hmmmm. Wonder
if we will see any of the 2 billion Christians around the
world riot and call for death to him and/or other muslims
since DaVinci is disrespectful to Christianity and is
considered blasphemous.

This is all getting really old. What if it was a Jew that mostly financed the movie? It's a story. Maybe it's true and maybe it's not. Ever heard of freedom of speech? Da Vinci is disrespectful to Christianity?? How??

You think Christians should kill this Muslim? What are you talking about?

So .. did he back this movie because it was a potential
good moneymaker, or did he back it because he's

Dah...he backed it to make money. And, if you think this one man could destroy Christianity, then Christianity must be pretty damn weak. And, how could a movie destroy Christianity?

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Dan Brown is my hero.....
so much drama about an OK book.

I thought Angels and Demons was much better.

no one cried about that book.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
About the topic: the man wanted to make some money obviously.

Originally posted by imbalanced

About this: for the simple fact its one of the most contradicting religions in the world. See it this way: you have a god and his son that spread a word of peace, love and understanding. Years later, people start writing about it, and you have a book that you have to follow no matter what, otherwise you are doomed. Because of this, and the Catholic Church "things are the way we say period" attitude, you will have movies, books and all the merchandising that you can imagine regarding this topic

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

And those complaining about this do have a valid point. The danish cartoons
depicted Muhammed as a terrorist murderer and it slammed Islam. This
movie does the same thing. The church with murderers (considering
PJPI's murder - that's probably true) and it blows apart christianity.

hmmm

An equal blasphemy to that of the danish cartoon would be if someone wrote about Jesus being a mass murderer. On a side note, no sane Muslim on this planet would ever depict Jesus in such manner considering the fact that Muslims highly respect Jesus as a prophet and his mission on Earth.

There is a difference between saying something bad about the prophet/founder of a religion and saying something bad about its followers. There are plenty of movies and TV shows with muslim terrorists, 24 comes to mind, nothing big there.

Dan Brown's book does not show Jesus in bad light. Followers of Opus Dei... well thats another story, but it has nothing to do with attacking the foundation of christianity.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I'm with paperclip, too.

Would he have made the movie if it blew apart Islam? Nope.

How do you know this? By your own admission, you know very little about the guy. There are Muslims who are strong in their faith and those who aren't.

And those complaining about this do have a valid point.

Just as with The Last Temptation of Christ, the religious people (protesters) are the ones who are selling all the books and tickets to this movie. Their hysteria is driving the box office sales, and all the while they're blaming it on the devil or the occult or Ron Howard or the illiterate or Muslims...

I bought the book because of the religious hysteria. I read about it here on ATS and even though I've known about the book since it came out, I wasn't interested in it till I saw those who protest it all in an uproar. Now I have to see what it's all about.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Would he have made the movie if it blew apart Islam?

Who says this movie blows apart Christianity? I mean besides you.

I read both books and will probably get the movie when it comes out on DVD. I don't see the book or movie as an attack on Christianity. I see it as a decent piece of fiction. I am still as much of a Christian now as I was the day before I read it.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This is just more anti-Islamic hype. It's pathetic. I haven't read the Da Vinci code, and have no reason to as I read The Holy Blood and The Holy Grail when it first came out. As far as I know, the DVC movie is just another overhyped blockbuster based on some light summer beach reading.

You can't have it both ways. You can't criticise the Muslim world (or the extremists among them, at least) for getting all worked up about the cartoons, and then get worked into a frothing rage about a book that supposedly demeans Christianity. And to get extra worked up because a Muslim finances it... nah. There is no logic in this position: it requires prejudice to be viable.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yes, rich23. All we need is a little more anti-Muslim sentiment.

And if anyone changes their religious beliefs because of a MOVIE, I dare say, it wasn't exactly an unshakable faith to begin with. Why are Christians so worried about people turning away from their religion or having it 'proved false' or blown apart by a movie when there are thousands of other reasons to turn against religion? Starting with science.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_it
Dan Brown is my hero.....
so much drama about an OK book.

I thought Angels and Demons was much better.

no one cried about that book.

Im surprised that more coverage on this website about Angels and Demons is absent, considering the book is about perhaps the favorite conspiracy theorist topic: the Illuminati.

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
To say Christ was "more human than human" (Rob Zombie) is a fundamental defiance of what is what is written, what Christ said, what God said, and what many have witnessed. There is no better way to destroy someone who believes or sway someone who is unsure than by persuading them that he was just a man (and not the son of God, God the son). If someone said the movie had Muslim, Jewish, Bhuddist, Hindi or other non-believer backers, I would not be surprised. I would be surprised if anyone said that the movie had Christian financial backers, because they should know better and I hope to God they see why this is a problem. To the authors of such "works" *cough cough* write whatever fiction you want, don't expect me to buy it or care. Even in pop-media (tv, movies, radio) this was a documentary on tv long before it became a book, and before that it was pretty much a similar story from The Last Temptation of Christ, so there's really nothing new to see here. Give points for creativity if you like, but originality gets a 0 in my book. This argument is 2,000 years old.

[edit on 22-5-2006 by saint4God]

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
To say Christ was "more human than human" (Rob Zombie) is a fundamental defiance of what is what is written,

Outside Source, KJV, Public Domain
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
(1 Timothy 2:5)

But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
(Hebrews 10:12)

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
(1 Corinthians 15:21)

Also:
Hebrews 2:9, 14-17; 5:7-8
Romans 5:15
Philippians 2:5-11

what Christ said, what God said,

You do realize that scriptural support is called for in this situation, don’t you? :shk:

and what many have witnessed.

Here’s what some of those witnesses had to say

Outside Source, KJV, Public Domain
Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
(Acts 2:22)

And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
(Acts 17:30-31)

There is no better way to destroy someone who believes or sway someone who is unsure than by persuading them that he was just a man (and not the son of God, God the son).

Well, if you’re fighting a propaganda war, I guess not. But this isn’t about throwing flyers from B-52’s…

My question is:
How can someone who believes in the Living God be destroyed?!?

Someone so easily persuaded one way was merely persuaded otherwise (as opposed to convicted or converted) to start with.

…we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth…

… whatsoever not of faith is sin…

I would be surprised if anyone said that the movie had Christian financial backers, because they should know better and I hope to God they see why this is a problem.

A problem for you? Surely you realize that your issues are of little concern to people whom you do not even know.
A problem for God? God doesn’t have problems…problems are human mascots.

Have you done any homework at all or are you just taking the prescribed Christian view?

Tom Hanks is an Orthodox Christian
Apparently he enjoys both an open mind and a secure confidence in the LORD: news.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> Yahoo! News

A news.yahoo.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">suggestion from Director Ron Howard.

Outside Source
"Again: This is supposed to be entertainment, it's not theology," he said.

Gotta love Opie!

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

To the authors of such "works" *cough cough* write whatever fiction you want, don't expect me to buy it or care.

I've just gotta ask:

Have you read any of the 'Left Behind' books?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join