It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Unknown Americans' are Provoking Civil War in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Independant

In Syria, the world appears through a glass, darkly. As dark as the smoked windows of the car which takes me to a building on the western side of Damascus where a man I have known for 15 years - we shall call him a "security source", which is the name given by American correspondents to their own powerful intelligence officers - waits with his own ferocious narrative of disaster in Iraq and dangers in the Middle East.

The Americans, my interlocutor suspected, are trying to provoke an Iraqi civil war so that Sunni Muslim insurgents spend their energies killing their Shia co-religionists rather than soldiers of the Western occupation forces. "I swear to you that we have very good information," my source says, finger stabbing the air in front of him. "One young Iraqi man told us that he was trained by the Americans as a policeman in Baghdad and he spent 70 per cent of his time learning to drive and 30 per cent in weapons training. They said to him: 'Come back in a week.' When he went back, they gave him a mobile phone and told him to drive into a crowded area near a mosque and phone them. He waited in the car but couldn't get the right mobile signal. So he got out of the car to where he received a better signal. Then his car blew up."

"There was another man, trained by the Americans for the police. He too was given a mobile and told to drive to an area where there was a crowd - maybe a protest - and to call them and tell them what was happening. Again, his new mobile was not working. So he went to a landline phone and called the Americans and told them: 'Here I am, in the place you sent me and I can tell you what's happening here.' And at that moment there was a big explosion in his car."

Just who these "Americans" might be, my source did not say. In the anarchic and panic-stricken world of Iraq, there are many US groups - including countless outfits supposedly working for the American military and the new Western-backed Iraqi Interior Ministry - who operate outside any laws or rules. No one can account for the murder of 191 university teachers and professors since the 2003 invasion - nor the fact that more than 50 former Iraqi fighter-bomber pilots who attacked Iran in the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq war have been assassinated in their home towns in Iraq in the past three years.

Mister Robert Frisk always seems to find another interesting perspective, from which we can look upon this alleged "Liberation of Iraq". When looking through Syrian Lens, it looks like "Somebody" is doing a Very Good job in making the People of Iraq Hate each other more and more each day.

It looks like good old Empire tactics in Play yet again - Divide and Rule.

When the Iraqi people are "Busy" shooting at each other, a Brother shooting Brother, the Occupational Army builds their untouchable Fortresses deep in the heart of Baghdad. And while the Iraqi people are shooting at each other, "Somebody" gets away with all sorts of Scandals and Corruptions connected with the Missiong Billion in Iraq.

[edit on 19/5/06 by Souljah]

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
To be honest, this isn't any surprise, the Americans have always been stiring touble up across the world, this is just another time. Destroy the country, realise they a whole lot of people off, then create a Civil War, then hoof it.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I have had my suspicions about this for a long time. It seems we are capable of ANYTHING

Seeing it in print like this and the various reports its revolting. We need an explosion today...make it two.

Disgusting.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already talked about it.

posted on May, 19 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This story is out right silly.

Just another example of something stated as fact that’s basically nothing but a guy telling another guy something. That’s it.

There is no independent corroborations or sources of any kind. Robert Fisk is quoting something that a Syrian told him. And we all know that Syria is a model nation for anti terrorism and political correctness...And western love to boot *sarcasm off*. Im surprised you haven’t dug up any quotes from the North Koreans as well…

And don’t get me started on Robert Fisk! Here is a peak at some recent Fisk “articles” :

-Beating about the Bush? Not with Hersh
-United States of Israel?
-All change in the Temple of Truth
-Traitors, martyrs or just brave men?
-A Mire of Death, Lies and Atrocities
-'The Army had not a word of compassion for the dead man, nor for his orphaned sons'
-Who killed Baha Mousa?
-What price innocence in the anarchy of Iraq?
-Death, delusion and democracy

Anybody see any patterns there? Go ahead and read them, but Ill offer you a quick summary of their contents: USA sucks. Can we say blatant agenda?

No wonder why Souljah quotes the guy, he is a mouthpiece for Jihad

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Anybody see any patterns there? Go ahead and read them, but Ill offer you a quick summary of their contents: USA sucks. Can we say blatant agenda?

Do you know anything about mister Frisk?
I seriously doubt that.

Robert Frisk

Robert Fisk (born 1946, Maidstone, Kent) is a British journalist, currently Middle East correspondent for the British newspaper The Independent.

Described by the New York Times as "probably the most famous foreign correspondent in Britain", he has over thirty years of experience in international reporting, dating from 1970s Belfast and Portugal's 1974 Carnation Revolution, the 1975-1990 Lebanese Civil War, and encompassing the 1979 Iranian revolution, the 1980-1988 Iran-Iraq war, 1991 Persian Gulf War, and 2003 Invasion of Iraq. He is the world's most-decorated foreign correspondent, having received numerous awards including the British Press Awards' International Journalist of the Year award seven times. Fisk speaks good vernacular Arabic, and is one of the few Western journalists to have interviewed Osama bin Laden (three times between 1994 and 1997).

Well, that is a not an averege Journalist. Have you been to Belfast in 1970? Or in Lebanon 1980's? Have you perhaps been in Iran in 1979? Or maybe in Iran-Iraq war in 1980's? Do you speak fluently Arabic?

Well, that is why he is called "probably the most famous foreign correspondent in Britain".

No wonder why Souljah quotes the guy, he is a mouthpiece for Jihad

And you are Funny!

Do you even know that Ji'had is?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Do you know anything about mister Frisk?

Frisk is nothing but a terrorist disguised as a journalist. He was the one who released the trial judges name for the Saddam trial who was killed after Frisk did his number on him. :shk:

Newspaper exposes Saddam Judge

The judge in charge of Saddam Hussein's trial was in fear for his life today after his identity was revealed by a UK newspaper.

The Iraqi Special Tribunal had asked the media to protect his anonymity. But he was named by Robert Fisk, foreign correspondent of The Independent.

Downing Street warned that the judge now faced reprisals from Saddam loyalists. A Foreign Office source added: "Obviously this shows questionable judgment about an individual's safety." When TV footage was broadcast yesterday, censors made sure the judge was pictured only from behind.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yeah real fine upstanding journalist :shk: :shk: :shk:

[edit on 5/20/2006 by shots]

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There is an existing thread on this topic.

Please direct your thoughts and contributions to the ongoing discussion, here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you.

Closing ...

new topics

top topics

join