It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British UFO hacker will be extradited to the U.S.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Should be interesting to see what he testifies, and if what he testifies is even allowed out to the public without being manipulated. You know damn well that if he's facing years in jail he's going to spill the beans about what he found. I heard that he went on a NASA computer and found evidence that NASA edits UFOs out of satellite photos...

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Hey m8. you should se the disclusre project testimony press conference video on www.disclosureproject.org There is that woman who said that they air brushed pictures in nasa and what got Gary all fired up!! And this is what im talking about, if WE the people want full disclosure we shouldnt be here on ats debating these subjects, we should do just as Gary did!! Its the goverment that should fear the people not the people fearing the government!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
He is so royally shafted now - they will have their ten pounds of flesh then feed him into a super max for the rest of his life.

This is one dude who will die in prison even if he gets 10 - 15 years. 'they' will never let him spill the beans about anything - he should of sung like a canary, and protested his human right.

Funny isn't it that a murdering scum bag terrorist can bleat about his human rights and violations if they get extradited (And win) and yet a spotty computer hacker is thrown to the wolves.....

Maybe the UK don't want the beans spilled either....

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

big news on the internet today it seems....

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   
The crime he's being charged with in the US has a five year max jail sentence and $250,000 fine. Legally 5 years max if uncooperative or possibly a year or less if he signs a non disclosure agreement Im sure. The Us can edit photos all they like but they Cannnot edit the UFO's broadened and continuing activity apparently.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Just heard it on CNN International news at 12:12pm. They just ran a story on it.

They tried to make it sound like he wasn't being extradited because of the secret UFO information he found, but rather the $700,000 in damage they "say" he caused.

I don't buy into it. They know what he found. And they don't want him to have time to tell people about it. They're gonna can him fast.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Judge Nicholas Evans said he was satisfied McKinnon should be sent for trial in the U.S. Home Secretary John Reid will make the final decision on extradition. If Reid approves extradition, McKinnon will appeal to the High Court, his lawyer Karen Todner said.

Well it's not for definate just yet, merely another item in John Reids inbox to sort out. But lets face it, if and when he is extridited assuming he's not chatting # theres no way this man is going to get a fair trial.

Good luck, your gonna need it.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
The UFO component of this story is not substantiated. I don't see why I should believe this guy at all.

Hacking into computer systems and causing damage and financial loss is a very real crime. If the allegations are true, I don't see why he shouldn't do time in the US.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
wow this is a huge story..It puts the terms ufo/et cover up, in the usa court room... all the people who say there is no such thing will have to reexamine the facts...hope they put the trial on tv.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's going to take more than a man on the verge of life in prison to convince the world that theres a UFO cover up. Whatever this guy says is going to be spun round and turned into a joke by the media.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This morning on BBC radio they played another excerpt from the hacker and he was speaking about the U.S. having a force of spacecraft already in use. However he did not estimate the amount of ships or provide any more details regarding this. I tried to access the BBC vaults to check out the videos, unfortunately the BBC videos are for UK clients only.. Can anyone access the videos and possibly shed some more light on this subject?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hope no-one actually thinks we'll hear anything after he gets shipped across, and even if we do it'll mean anything?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

This morning on BBC radio they played another excerpt from the hacker and he was speaking about the U.S. having a force of spacecraft already in use. However he did not estimate the amount of ships or provide any more details regarding this. I tried to access the BBC vaults to check out the videos, unfortunately the BBC videos are for UK clients only.. Can anyone access the videos and possibly shed some more light on this subject?

Well here are all the audio and videos related to this topic on the bbc site. You dont have to be a uk resident to view it.

search.bbc.co.uk...

click on the video marked "Hacker fears UFO cover up" he explains what he did and how and also a bit of what he found.

[edit on 10/5/06 by theBman]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBman
You dont have to be a uk resident to view it.

Then why do I get this message then? "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users only.".

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I think if I did what he did and faced what he faced i would be willing to say or do anything to get off. If they were scared about what he found they would have shut him up already. Why let someone with that information go to the media it doesn't make sense.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Judge Nicholas Evans said he was satisfied McKinnon should be sent for trial in the U.S. Home Secretary John Reid will make the final decision on extradition. If Reid approves extradition, McKinnon will appeal to the High Court, his lawyer Karen Todner said.

Well it's not for definate just yet, merely another item in John Reids inbox to sort out. But lets face it, if and when he is extridited assuming he's not chatting # theres no way this man is going to get a fair trial.

oh that is such crap....."he wont get a fiar trial in the US" everyone said the "barbarians" in america would kill massoui......never happened.

I think your letting your political views cloud your judgement, you may not agree with this administration, but what does that have to do with judicial branch?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
The UFO component of this story is not substantiated. I don't see why I should believe this guy at all.

Hacking into computer systems and causing damage and financial loss is a very real crime. If the allegations are true, I don't see why he shouldn't do time in the US.

What damage did he cause? From what we have heard hear, all he did was gain access to unprotected computers and swipe a few files. No malicicous "damage" was caused. I reckon the $700,000 they claim he did is actually the cost's they incurred beefing up security on their DoD systems so a dude with a dial-up connection and an aversion to sunlight couldn't just log on and download sensitive files.

Damage my hairy white bum.......

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

oh that is such crap....."he wont get a fiar trial in the US" everyone said the "barbarians" in america would kill massoui......never happened.

I think your letting your political views cloud your judgement, you may not agree with this administration, but what does that have to do with judicial branch?

Does the name Kevin Mitnick mean anything to you? If not this is a good place to start.
en.wikipedia.org...

The US doesnt have the best track record when it comes to hackers let alone terrorists. And even if he does get a fair trial i dont think it'll take place for a long time, he will most likely be interrogated and left in solitary for 4/5 years before he goes to court.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Aelita

What damage did he cause? From what we have heard hear, all he did was gain access to unprotected computers and swipe a few files. No malicicous "damage" was caused. I reckon the $700,000 they claim he did is actually the cost's they incurred beefing up security on their DoD systems so a dude with a dial-up connection and an aversion to sunlight couldn't just log on and download sensitive files.

Damage my hairy white bum.......

I very much doubt it's going to cost $5000 to beef up security on each PC esspecially when there using the same image for hundreds of computers.

Although he may not have done anything more than install off the shelf software and view and copy sensitive information, once the administrator has noticed an intruder i would have thought it to have been standard practice to wipe the system clean seeing as a backdoor or other malicious software may still be lurking around. But i suppose it's also standard practice not to leave computers with such classified data connected to the internet in any way.

The number one error here was using windows, its all about Linux.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Junkheap

You dont have to be a uk resident to view it.

Then why do I get this message then? "We're sorry. The content you requested is available for UK users only.".

Well my IP addresss resolves to the USA and i can still view it. Unfortunatly as far as i'm aware theres no way to capture the video if i find a way i'll let you know.

<<   2  3 >>

join