It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we on the verge of a scientific revolution?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Are we on the verge of a scientific revolution, perhaps thrusting the earth into another space race? With China's recent accomplishment, Skull & Bonesman Kerry talking about advancing technology and science, one wonders what we've got coming in the years ahead:

06/2003:

But, unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), orbital space planes, advanced materials, new assembly techniques and other technical innovations promise to make the industry soar again. Despite today�s gloomy atmosphere, the next decade may see more advances than the past 100 years.

www.assemblymag.com...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well, very interesting read. Im kind of tired right now, but I'll get links later.
Tomorrow, for now, good night all. (Nice find. :up

And, I do think we are on the verge of one, and it could happen anywhere from the next 2 to 6 years as I'm concerned

-wD

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
just to compete with the chinese?...
the "real" technology is far beyond what are in use in todays american modern homes...
and we still have fammine pestilince and disease...

why even try to "space race" another country when we havent fixed home yet?...

i know the pros and cons regarding world peace, but those are just theories and we havent even given it a real chance, very sad and disturbing....

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I don't see the point of a space race, other than ego. If the Chinese are the first to land a man on Mars or something along those lines, good for them. I don't think it will be a good milestone for just the Chinese but for all of mankind.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I have no doubt in my mind that technology will advance beyond our wildest dreams in the near future. Though I do not think we are going to be able to credit humanity alone for all of the accomplishments.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
There's no doubt in my mind that we're on the verge of a huge technological revolution in almost all areas of science.

Nanotechnology alone could revolutionize the world and the way it works.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Nanotechnology is definately going to explode the reaches of science. And everything else for that matter.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   
think of the advancements being made as we speak, it wasnt that long ago when people tried to tame the 'wild west', now look where we are, our technology is racing out of control. we go from technology that was basiclly the same from 100 bc to 1700 ad and now in the space of a few decades we have increasedour technology beyond anything people 50 years ago could of imagined. In the next 20 years the world will change, weather it is for good or bad only time will tell. and as far as the space race thing, technology has almost always been made to imrpove war related issues. If no one was fighting then technology would stagnate.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
NO, we're not going to have any more revolutions in the scientific community. Everything notable is spirited away and kept from the public eye.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
A technological revolution would require the government to allow us to use the technology. Nanotechnology would allow us to do pretty much anything, once it is finished.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I don't see the point of a space race, other than ego. If the Chinese are the first to land a man on Mars or something along those lines, good for them. I don't think it will be a good milestone for just the Chinese but for all of mankind.

Exactly. In respect to the economy of the US specifically, I don't see anyone doing much beyond trying to survive. (Aside from the few projects presently in motion now).

Peace,
BG

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
i hope they let us see the advancements cuz theres been quite a few advancements that don't get released to the public because it would # up their profits, like a carborator that was compatible with all types of engines that would get 90 miles to the gallon, ESSO bought it up and nobody saw it

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   
This was from a link posted by Netchicken in a different forum regarding a new press release on laser weapons:

Kilowatt for kilogram, this is

the world's most powerful solid-state laser. Its invisible beam drilled Yamamoto's inch-thick steel plate in two seconds. Add larger crystals and it will eat steel a mile or more away.

"What we're building," Yamamoto explains, "is a laser weapon."

After sinking 40 years and billions of dollars into beam weapons, defense scientists are on the cusp of what could be a military revolution -- warfare at the speed of light.

"We've made a quantum leap here," said Randy Buff, solid-state laser program manager for the U.S. Army's Space and Missile Defense Command. "We're anxious to get out there and do something."

www.oaklandtribune.com...

This statement about a "military revolution" makes me think that others are also about to occur (or as someone pointed out could be occurring behind closed doors).

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Fast forward five years from the start of this thread and....

Still waiting for the Jetsons!

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'd almost put money on the next "age" or revolution to be in medicine.

We are close to making DNA sequencing cheap. Instead of throwing random ideas at diseases, we'll know exactly how they work. There will be lots of money in it and lots of discovery.

However, I don't know if that will be revolutionary, as much as "expected".

top topics

join