It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on the Patriot Act!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It seems that public sentiment continues to grow against the Patriot Act. This is of course a very good thing.

I would still urge all US members to contact thier congressmen and support these efforts.

Senators join forces to roll back parts of Patriot Act

By Audrey Hudson
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

A bipartisan group of lawmakers and advocacy groups have formed a "Coalition of Conscience" to roll back sections of the Patriot Act they say encroach on civil liberties.
"This is an amazing coalition. Very seldom do these groups and these senators come together," said Sen. Richard J. Durbin, Illinois Democrat.
Sen. Larry E. Craig, Idaho Republican, and Mr. Durbin � joined by representatives from the American Civil Liberties Union and American Conservative Union, among others � yesterday introduced the Security and Freedom Ensured (SAFE) Act.

www.washtimes.com...

Craig: Congress Must Change Patriot Act
By JESSE J. HOLLAND
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP)--A key Republican senator said Wednesday that Congress must modify parts of the USA Patriot Act or see the law die in two years.

Changes must be made to the law if it is to be renewed in 2005, said GOP Sen. Larry Craig of Idaho, a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee.

``I think we are building that kind of base for it in the Senate,'' Craig said. ``Many of these, if not all of these, would have to be incorporated.''

www.rockymounttelegram.com...;COXnetJSessionID=1NWWPJ3Vz7Nym45Ooq9upbIeU3c Egkf2qg1GJy3YOwxMFII28ynL!-2129827903?urac=n&urvf=10662600546610.2813715008665095

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
HELL YEAH!!!

There's still a chance for America!
I'll vouch for my part, all of my areas Congressmen (and women) are well aware of the situation.
What's great is to go to local, city discussion forums, and bust out the Patriot Act and see what happens.

While the ignorant laugh and scoff, others are shocked!I do have some rather foolish house members in my area who need to wake up, my state's senators have talked to me already.
Activism (in the world, not ATS) is most definetly the key.

Good to see this stuff again dr, thanks!

Step up men, Stand strong women, It's time for the truth.
Strength and Honor be with all who seek truth,
- Tass

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Post 210137 (page 1)
and
210178 (page 1)

Make a nice day.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
DR don't forget about the secret "Victory Act"
Patriot Act II

Patriot Act II (Victory Act)

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
DR don't forget about the secret "Victory Act"
Patriot Act II

Patriot Act II (Victory Act)

Indeed! Keep in mind, the Victory Act is in for a hell of a fight in congress, but all it takes is one more "terrorist attack" for it to be passed in a flash right in front of our eyes, and the next thing we see is our personal freedoms flying out the window.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It appears that resistance to legalized snooping agencies has spread even across the ocean...

Internet privacy campaigners say new legal advice could blow a hole in Home Office plans to snoop on people's online and telephone activity.
A draft European directive on keeping communications data, which could be used to strengthen the current voluntary code of practice in the UK, breeches human rights laws, says international law firm Covington & Burling.

Two test cases may be taken to the European courts by lobby group Privacy International to show UK attempts to widen internet surveillance would be unlawful.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Ive already written both my senators about the patriot act and patriot act two. I basically told them that I demanded they fight both acts as unconstitutional and a danger to my country and my freedoms. I recieved positive responses and sure as #, both Murray and Cantwell, our two democrat woman senators, have voted, from the voting records, against alot of Iraq war policies and agendas, funding ect, thier voting record shows trhey are going to vote against the two incarnations of NWO

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Patriot II really gonna cut down on our rights. Something should be done.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ive already contacted my senators and let my feelings be known but yet why do have the omminus feeling that this just wont be enough!?!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Indeed, Tracer...

...As history shows time & time again, the "powers that be" *never* listen to the true power of the people...The power that's backed by overwhelming numbers. When the voice of the true power is ignored or suppressed beyond a point of tolerability, it has always taken force of arms to make them hear & listen.

The Russian Revolution to overthrow the Czars, The French Revolution to overthrow the Aristocracy...Shall I continue to recite history or do you get the idea?

[Edited on 19-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
MD dont forget the Colonist overthrowing the British empire...... This is plain out ridiculous. I Wholeheartedly back the resistence. Up the Republic.. errmm sorry wrong motto

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If we all wrote our congressmen,police,the president and any other elected official demanding that they actually do what they claimed they would when they were sworn in and took an oath to uphold the constituion,IT WOULD GO AWAY ALONG WITH ALMOST EVERY LAW,BILL ,PUBLIC POLICY OR EXECUTIVE ORDER,OR WHATEVER,THAT HAS BEEN PASSED IN THE LAST 70 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have been asleep way too long.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I had a friend in Maryland write his local senator and he recieved nothing but a standard "fanmail response"

I freaked him out by telling him the draft was coming back and that college students would not be immune (which they wont be) and he wrote to the senator (with real paper and emails) but time after time he heard nothing.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I freaked him out by telling him the draft was coming back and that college students would not be immune (which they wont be) and he wrote to the senator (with real paper and emails) but time after time he heard nothing.

How about the complaints that the government & IRS have been formally addressed to answer? The entire Redress of Grievances was centered around one main question: Is the institution of Income Tax Constitutional & Legal, and does the IRS (or government) have any real legal authority to enforce it?

Deep research on the Constitution & the laws currently in force say,"no". Yet the only answer that the IRS deigns to give is a more *aggressive approach* to enforcing the illegal Income Tax & not give any kind of answers to those questions.

You can check out more of the ongoing conflict at the We The People Foundation. The Redress of Grievances against the Patriot Act is only one of four major parts that are being combatted...And if you're an American Citizen, I'd suggest that you at least take a look at what's going on there (thoroughly) & sign up to join the last & only peaceful method that we have to fight the government's abuse of power.

At least Nerdling's friend didn't get a response like The People are...

[Edited on 23-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

new topics

top topics

join