It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. To Build Largest Embassy Ever In Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The U.S. government has been developing a new embassy in the green zone for several months now. At 104 acres, it will be the largest in the world, and six times larger than the United Nations compound in New York. The facility will be completely independant from city utilities. It will have its own power palnt, water wells, and wastewater treatment facility.

news.y ahoo.com
BAGHDAD, Iraq - The fortress-like compound rising beside the Tigris River here will be the largest of its kind in the world, the size of Vatican City, with the population of a small town, its own defense force, self-contained power and water, and a precarious perch at the heart of Iraq's turbulent future.
Iraq's interim government transferred the land to U.S. ownership in October 2004, under an agreement whose terms were not disclosed.

"Embassy Baghdad" will dwarf new U.S. embassies elsewhere, projects that typically cover 10 acres. The embassy's 104 acres is six times larger than the United Nations compound in New York, and two-thirds the acreage of Washington's National Mall.

Original cost estimates ranged over $1 billion, but Congress appropriated only $592 million in the emergency Iraq budget adopted last year. Most has gone to a Kuwait builder, First Kuwaiti Trading & Contracting, with the rest awarded to six contractors working on the project's "classified" portion — the actual embassy offices.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

A compound of this size is a huge commitment to make. However it appears that the US actually owns this land anyways so there should be no conflict on its presence. I suppose it will handle all international affairs between any American and Iraqi citizens wishing to travel between the two nations who wish to conduct business, conduct tourism, visit family, as well as humanitarian efforts.

A compound of that size however may be able to hide many things. Perhaps even a moderate sized prison. After all it will have its own walls and high security surrounding it inside the greenzone. And that zone is already surrounded by walls and high security.

Anyways I cannot wait until I can travel to Iraq for tourism. It sure will be intersting to see the power of America in the form of this compound. I hope thay allow access to at least a limited area of the compound for visiting nationals to explore the wonder of our nations determination in driving globalist expansion. You can not really deny that considering the size of this permanent structure kind of defeats the idea of a full pullout.

Related News Links:
seattlepi.nwsource.com
www.localnewsleader.com

[edit on 14-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

[edit on 21-4-2006 by asala]

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For a while now, I've been trying to say that something unusual has been going on in Iraq. There have been many billions of dollars pumped into Iraq and very little to show for it.

I think that there is an underground ARK of a sort being built there. For more of an explanation, you can see what I've presented in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This is just another piece of the puzzle. This above ground facility is going to provide a secure landing place for many VIPs to land when it comes time to enter the ARK. This ARK is primarily designed to house the anti-christ during the meteor storm told of by John the Apostle in Revelation chapter 8 that devastates the face of the Earth. Satan knows what's coming...do you?

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Hey the devil can build the ARK as big and as deep as he wants too. I could care less if he were to build hundreds of them in every part of the planet. The misguided fool is going to be stomped on by God and all his followers will be thrown into the lake of fire with him for all of eternity. I say lets just hurry this up, I cannot wait for the finale.

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is not limited to Iraq. For obvious security reasons the State department is building all new Embassies in the compound (fortress) design. The size of the compound depends on the size of the mission....Iraq being a very large mission. And unlike most countries, US diplomats are unable to live out in town....so I bet it's safe to say that the only beds on the compound will be for employees.

And despite all the prison scandals, G-mo and Abu G.....I don't think there will be any prisoners held at the US Embassy in Iraq. Every other intelligence agency in the world will have their eyes on this place.

EDIT: A "YES" vote from me

Here's a thread that Souljah made a couple months back.

[edit on 14/4/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
So the US is switching from having just single building to exert its influence in other nations, to building mini cities to back up their already mini-city military bases. Thats good. Now I can go anywhere in the world and still be in America!

I hope they have billiards and mini-golf.

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
No thats just disturbing...... wtf do they want an embassy that size for? and in the most dangerous place on earth right now? I'm sorry but i must be missing the point of the Iraqies making their own goverment and the troops all coming home, unless of course thats not the plan and they are staying for the VERY long term... not a pleasent idea at all...

posted on Apr, 16 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
the United States likes to "plant its flag" if you will on its territory. This is a way for America to say "we are here, and we are staying here because we are the biggest power on the planet untill somebody proves us different." Atleast we will have something to show out of our significant debt. Hopefully this embassy will begin to conference international affairs instead of solving problems at gunpoint. With a station of this size, i disagree with the fact that it will be hard to hide whats going on. There will be so much activity in the area that you wont be able to distinguish the high from the low of importance. This also means of course much more confidential 'red tape'. Not being stationed in the Americas makes this embassy practically lawless, and while its not genocide-- it could continue to provoke constant impedence on our civilian rights.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Yes, looks like Iraq will be in our sphere of influence for quite some time. And at first I thought just the opposite--we would need a large roof area to help fly us away from there.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Bigger embassy just means bigger target.
What will they think of next? Why don't they just paint a big cross-hair on the roof?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
And the big problem with the West having influence in that region is what?

As 9/11 showed, if you don't go to them they'll come to you.

Cancer needs to be cut out at its source; let it spread and you die.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moley
And the big problem with the West having influence in that region is what?

As 9/11 showed, if you don't go to them they'll come to you.

Cancer needs to be cut out at its source; let it spread and you die.

Are you indicating that either Iraq as a nation, or the Iraqi people are a cancer that should be cut off the face of the planet?

I hope not.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Yes moley your arguement does make much sense since the supposed hijackers were from the nation of Saudi Arabia, said to not even be on the flight manifest, and yet the nation decided to invade Iraq for whatever reason. Ah well the country is doing better as far as democratic reform and individual rights and freedoms are concerned, it just takes time to stabalize a whole nation after it has been conquered ya know.

new topics

top topics

join