It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

STS-107 - The Dark Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi All,

Just thought I'd throw this item into the mix. It's a dark object, circular in shape, over Australia at night, and apparently IN ORBIT with STS-107/Columbia on her last flight in January 2003.

www.projectprove.com...

Does anyone have any thoughts on this thing? Note that as the object becomes more obvious, the camera is panned downward to the lower right and away.

Jeff

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   
seems interesting...

Something was blocking the view... but what? could it have been the top of the payload bay perhaps? (curved top comes into view as it is closed a little?)

otherwise, I have trouble beleiveing that something that big, could be covered up, but not impossible.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sadly the images could be a lot better but I am convinced it is either an object passing by as the person claims or it is an edited clip which could also come from Nasa as they are strongly believed by many to be editing material they present to the public.

I highly doubt this guy is doing it because he did such a crappy job either way.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Thanx for the links. This stuff is my fav subject here on ATS. I read and looked and listened to this and other similar material. I'm not sure what, but something of interest was going on - big time. That was one huge "blob" on those screens! Thanx!
Do you folks feel these events are related to the "big-black-triangle" phenomenon? Us/them? On some shuttle footage I'd swear I could see Black Triangles or perhaps Black-Diamonds with light-point apexes. These shapes in motion seem to reflect no light and I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking at but they are not stars in my opinion.
Maybe the aliens - no, occupants have "the jam" to be able to shut off nukes - and will - like at Malmstrom and Rendlesham to protect the Middle-East theatre-wide thermo-nuclear war that seems more likely than not.
Anyway I'll try and remember this thread and come back and visit. Thanx eh!

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think it is an edited clip...because it could have been much better and i just think they had a bad editor, so they had to make the clip look bad.

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hello Again,

I did the video work myself on that page, and all the others at Project P.R.O.V.E. Implying that I "created" the incident helps nothing. The original footage from NASA Select TV was terrible. I have to work with this crap, but it's what there is. NASA Select TV rourinely sends out a corrupted signal to the public at large, most especially when the view is outside the spacecraft at night. The video is grainy, articially snowy, and frequently badly out of focus. Funny, they NEVER seem to encounter this problem when the video feed comes from INSIDE the spacecraft. Those views of somersaulting Astonauts are always crystal clear, day or night. Go figure...

I record spaceflights from end to end, review all the tapes afterward (there were 56 six hour VHS tapes from last years' STS-114 alone), find those events which seem strange, and isolate the relevant clips. From there, I capture enough individual frames with which to assemble an animated GIF of the event which is usually a compromise between best possible quality, and bandwidth considerations.

I do all this work on my own. I pay for the server myself, and provide this work for public scrutiny at no cost to anyone but me. I don't make a dime, and I'm not famous. So where's my motivation for fakery? Has anyone any idea just how hard it would be to fake something like this? I'm not George Lucas here.

If you read the entire article, you'll find that there is no way that the object can be any part of Columbia herself. I took the trouble to explore that possibiliety, and found it not to be the case. Columbia was flying with her belly to the stars at the time, and the camera was pointing toward Australia far below with nothing conventional between.

I realize that for some, it's easier to say I faked the evidence than to take an in depth look at the case. There are almost 200 pages at my site devoted to space anomalies alone.

(www.projectprove.com...)

You can take my word for it (or not) that it's MUCH easier to find these things in NASA TV broadcasts than it would be to try manufacturing them on an ordinary home PC.

Jeff

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Jeff,

That is one of the stranger anomalies!

I also want to say that I think your work with Project P.R.O.V.E. and NASA Select T.V. is GREAT and invaluable to people looking for the truth about UFO Reality.

There have been quite a few good discussions here on ATS about material you've made available to the public for free!

Thanks and Welcome to ATS,

Lost_shaman

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I'd like to welcome Jeff also.

I don't post here that often, but I lurk and frequent your site and find it highly informative. It's a unique vantage point you have and I wish I had the patience to sit through as much footage as you do.

I respect you a lot and you're one of my heroes in the field. Kudos; appreciate what you do.

In regards to the "snow" in that video, I'd have to go with electrical interference from whatever the anomaly is. I can't see how they'd have a tool to add snow into live video over select portions of the screen. Especially how they'd have someone with that quick of a reflex waiting there to do it that somehow knows what's going to pop into view. The distortion follows whatever is blocking out the light.

In any event, there are much meatier incidents on P.R.O.V.E. (all of that jazz from STS 109, for example). You should throw those at some of these unexpecting folks.

LC

[edit on 4/12/2006 by Lartsa Cleargleam]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:53 PM
link   
That thing scared the crap out of me...proof, maybe...maybe but its not a disk or a cigar, its like some weird "mass"...space is a scary place. Almost like the ocean, maybe there are organic life forms in space?

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lartsa Cleargleam
Especially how they'd have someone with that quick of a reflex waiting there to do it that somehow knows what's going to pop into view.

Unless they know there might be something to block. Either a classified payload that the camera wasn't supposed to see or something out there that they had seen before and were expecting.

I wouldn't think that electrical interference would selectively affect the part of the screen covered by the image. Since interference would be with the electronics of the camera itself, the snow should cover the whole screen.

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Hello Jeff

I just want to thank you and your team for your awesome Project Prove. What a huge work you have done here. I discovered your website some months ago and it has definitively become one of my favorites.

I did not find an analysis about the sts-80 light formation over Africa, a very weird event. I made a thread about it and i would LOVE to have your opinion about this video footage.

The thread is here : The STS-80 Formation over Africa

Thanks again for your great work

Musclor

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'd like to thank all of you who extended a welcome, and had such nice things to say.

Discovered this forum some months back, due to an e-mail from someone I suppose is a member here. Been lurking for quite a while, and decided to test the waters, as it were.

Chose the STS-107 incident at randome actually. With so many to select from, it was something of a coin toss really.

Lost Shaman has pointed out some very good events from Project P.R.O.V.E. over the last few months. And Musclor appears to have mentioned it on this forum first (did some research).

Musclor asked a very good question, btw. I did do a page on one of the STS-80 incidents because I had access to a good copy of the footage. As you know, STS-80 flew in December 1996. My program of recording Shuttle, Mir, Soyuz, and ISSy flight didn't begin in earnest until 1999. There were some attempts before STS-96, but my focus was not on anomalies. I was making VHS "documentaries" of Mir Expedition Crew Increments and Shuttle flights for my own enjoyment until the footage from STS-96 revealed some decidedly strange objects, doing things which didn't make sense. Ran across the first one very much by accident whilst looking for a live press interview with the crew of STS-96. After that, I started actively searching for oddities.

In November 2000, with the help of my then 12 year old son, I made a 75 minute movie of my findings to that point. The film was titled "What Do 'They' Know?". It was made using two VCRs, and a Dazzle DVC (Parallel Port Version!!) to facilitate narration. Clips were recorded from the original tapes to the second VCR using RCA jacks routed through the DVC. For a few months, I offered this movie for sale to the public via a generous advertisement carried in Filer's Files. The tape was amateurish and crude, but surprisingly well received.

One of the purchasers was Dr. Oren Swearingen DDS. He wrote me about his excitement over seeing the movie, and asked if it were possible for just anyone to find these anomalies in NASA Select TV broadcasts. I explained to him how easy it really is, and he embarked upon his own recording program. He shared his findings with me, and they were eventually incorporated into pages at Project P.R.O.V.E. So between us, we've found a lot of strange things over the years. We've also become close friends, and even met face to face once in 2003 when I was changing flights at the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport.

Had I not suffered an accident in late 1999 which left me permanently disabled, there never would have been enough time to pursue this work. It turned into a more or less full time job by the end of 2000. You must admit, it sure beats wasting time on daytime television, eh?

If a useable copy of the STS-80 footage becomes available to me, I'll be delighted to work with it to see what we can find out. I have pretty much limited myself to working with events which I, or Dr. Swearingen, have recorded ourselves, because in these cases I have ORIGINAL tapes. There've been a few exceptions, but mostly the original tapes are my own, or Oren's.

The STS-80 thread with the formation over Africa is intriguing. Wish I had a copy of the original tape for review. But....that's life. Thanks for posting that Musclor.

Must dash now. Working on a new movie of the material posted at Project P.R.O.V.E. Expecting this to be a two hour film, give or take a few minutes. I was invited to produce this work by Bob Browne, the head of the UFO Congress and convention held in Laughlin Nevada each year. He thinks such a movie could win an award in their annual film festival. We'll see.

Jeff

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey Jeff,

Thanks for sharing your story and that of Project P.R.O.V.E. as well.

Discovered this forum some months back, due to an e-mail from someone I suppose is a member here.

Blame it on me. At the time I wanted to write more about Project P.R.O.V.E.

I found your work by accident myself really. I happened to make the effort to watch hours of Live streaming NASA Select T.V. on my computer this last summer , STS - 114. I saw a few interesting things and one of which was the Iridium Flare STS - 114 ( Also on Project P.R.O.V.E. ) .

Anyway, I tried everything I knew how to try to capture a Screen shot and all attempts failed and eventually I lost the opportunity. So I Googled to see what if anything else was posted about STS -114 and found Project P.R.O.V.E.

One of the reasons I've often cited your work Jeff , is the fact that you accurately reproduced the same events I watched Live on the Streaming Broadcast of NASA Select T.V. just the way the events happened as seen Live.

Not only that but you called them just as they were , with no extra Hype on your part. i.e. Iridium Flares were presented as Iridium Flares.

Highly educational too.

I hope on past ATS threads that I did an o.k. job of accurately describing your work ! Yours is the ONLY Archive of NASA Select T.V. Anomalies Publicly Available!

About this dark object,... Unfortunately I have no idea what to make of this one?

Another true anomaly... With a straight edge?

[edit on 13-4-2006 by lost_shaman]

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The STS-80 Formation over Africa

this is a great piece of film. its the first time i have seen this. it reminds me a bit of the phoenix lights episode a few years back with the circular formation

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Jeff:

welcome and please post what you know for all humanities benefit.

What do you think the item is?

It is quite large and I believe it is either one of the larger triangle type craft or a mothership but I can't see it being a mothership??

Is it possible they were trying to tell the crew of STS-107 that we are here and tell the world about it?

I doubt that mission was up to any hard military or secret objectives that the aliens would wish to interfere with it but I may well be wrong about that.

So let us know since I'm sure you have been thinking about this question yourself.

posted on Apr, 15 2006 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff_Challender
Lost Shaman has pointed out some very good events from Project P.R.O.V.E. over the last few months. And Musclor appears to have mentioned it on this forum first (did some research).

In fact it was lost_shaman who mentionned first Project Prove on ATS. I thank him again for having made me discover this awesome site. Just wanted to give him back the credit

posted on Apr, 17 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Jeff,

I've noticed that often on NASA Select T.V. , and Project P.R.O.V.E. has documentation of this over , and over again, the issue with the "Snow" on the Feed.

And in this incident STS - 107 " The Dark Object" the "Snow" is present also , however only one half of the screen.

Can you talk about this more ?

For instance in the Video Footage you have , how far back does this begin happening regularly when "Anomalies" are sighted?

And over all does "Snow" occur only when "Anomalies" are present?

top topics

join