It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran tests fastest underwater missile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Iran has succesfully test fired what it touts as the worlds' fastest underwater missile:

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran said Sunday it has successfully test fired a high-speed underwater missile capable of destroying warships and submarines.

The Iranian-made missile has a speed of about 222 mph underwater, Gen. Ali Fadavi, deputy head of the Navy of the elite Revolutionary Guards, said.

www.foxnews.com...

This is certain to escalate tensions in the area, imo.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It has the same speed as the Russian-made VA-111 Shkval, 100 m/sec. It may well be the russian missile with iranian painting on it. very deadly, warships have little chance to perform evasive action.

It is believed to carry a powerful warhead.

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I smell the sinking of one of our ships.

Lets hope i am wrong. This would certainly be all we need. According to prophecies, we are at a point in time where a ship and thousands of people
will be destroyed at sea and then all hell brakes loose. Of course, this will either be Iran or the USA looking for support to go to Iran.

Which will it be?

The conspiracies just dont stop.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by proprog
It has the same speed as the Russian-made VA-111 Shkval, 100 m/sec. It may well be the russian missile with iranian painting on it. very deadly, warships have little chance to perform evasive action.

It is believed to carry a powerful warhead.

KEEP IT REAL

how would you know?...we also make our versian of silkworm missiles but does that mean its chinese with iranian paint on it?. know what your talking about before saying anything please

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Is the Western media the first ones Iran contacts when it reveals a new weapon (reverse-engineered) ?
I hardly see these on Iranian news sites

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Reported speeds of Shkval are between 230 mph (386 kmh) to 298mph (481kmh) and faster.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this "test" is just a display of the Russian supplied Shkval.

If Iran developed such a high tech strategic weapon on their own, India, Pakistan and China would be first in line to announce their own Shkval "equivalents".

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
Reported speeds of Shkval are between 230 mph (386 kmh) to 298mph (481kmh) and faster.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this "test" is just a display of the Russian supplied Shkval.

If Iran developed such a high tech strategic weapon on their own, India, Pakistan and China would be first in line to announce their own Shkval "equivalents".

LOL how could india and pakistan make such missiles when they never got them?...we have the sunburn also and im looking forward to it being re-engineered. China and iran are the only two countries in the world good at re-engineering.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Bingo.

I don't know what FOX is "reporting", I care not to.

Here's more;

www.comlinks.com...

We mobilise our carries, Iran shows its Shkval, we're in deep doo-doo.

Things are about to get more interesting real quick.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes, Iranians dont know about this. Only us, and Fox couldnt wait to report it.

They are setting the stage.......

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Mehran,

With all do respect, please don't blow smoke up my you know what. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Yes, Iranians dont know about this. Only us, and Fox couldnt wait to report it.

They are setting the stage.......

There you go;

www.iranian.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Nore the date on that one -

By B. Banaei
March 26, 2003
The Iranian

Yep.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I have no doubts Russia has supplied Iran with VA-111 Shkval (Squall).

However, There is a report of an attempt by american agents to steal the technology.

U.S. intelligence experts call the nuclear-equipped Shkval a "revenge weapon," as it would destroy its target and the submarine that launched it. Russian sources have disagreed with this assessment, saying that the double-hull construction of Soviet-built submarines could withstand the resultant nuclear shockwave.

On April 5, 2000, an American businessman, Edmond Pope, and a Russian colleague were arrested by the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) in Moscow. The men were charged with stealing scientific secrets -- specifically information on the Shkval torpedo. Pope, a retired U.S. Navy captain who spent the majority of his career working in naval intelligence, was then the head of a private security firm. Two weeks after the arrest, the FSB claimed that Pope was seeking plans for the high-speed underwater missile. The retired navy officer was detained during informal contact with one of the Russian scientists who helped to create the torpedo.

Pope spent eight months in the Russian Lefortovo prison awaiting trial. He was convicted of espionage and sentenced to 20 years. On Dec. 14, 2000, Russian President Vladimir Putin pardoned Pope on humanitarian grounds; the American has been suffering from bone cancer.

Pope was in Russia as a businessman to purchase Russian technology when he apparently fell prey to a Canadian intelligence operation intent on purchasing the Shkval torpedoes, according to U.S. intelligence sources.

Even Americans can't produce an equivalent, and now iranians have made a technology breakthrough, no other states beside russia could.

And there is another scenario, Iranians have actually done it.

KEEP IT REAL

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yea, these "breakthroughs" and reverse engineering being geo-politics by proxy. Hey, you threaten our allies, we arm them with stuff that will knock the socks of you.

This crap never ends and everybody ends up being armed to the teeth.

The welding technique required to manufacture a hull of a torpedo that can sustain such pressures is so classified its not funny.

Edit: really bad spelling on my part here. Geezz.

[edit on 2-4-2006 by iskander]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
Mehran,

With all do respect, please don't blow smoke up my you know what. Thank you.

Seconded.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
sorry iskander i dont enjoy sexuall pleasure from other men like you do nor do i sleep with them, hit on someone else please.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
When I first heard about this, I realized that I knew very little about Iran's navy. But this missile can apparently be fired from helicopters, as well as surface ships and submarines.

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
The topic of this discussion is Iran tests fastest underwater missile, not other members' sexual orientation.

Stick to the topic and post your contributions to the discussion, please.

Thank you.

[edit on 4/2/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Well, this is more propaganda so we can rally behind Bush when he presses the button, so to speak.

And you swallow this hook line and sinker. More power to all!

posted on Apr, 2 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Iran must have got the export variant of Shkval missile with conventional warhead, known as Shkval-E.

though I cannot believe Iranians actually produce the missile domestically, but I must admit it is a huge threat to us/allies naval forces in PG.

KEEP IT REAL

[edit on 2-4-2006 by proprog]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join