It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing UFO photo: Need more info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I was watching "Close Encounters Proof of Alien Contact" and came across this amazing UFO photo. All the info i could get from the movie was the photo was taken in Australia and the main craft came out of the water and then the littler craft meet up with the larger one.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:19 AM
link   
doesen't look like anything more than a 70's smokers machine that gets rid of cigarette smoke

-Hannibal

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by i took the red pill
doesen't look like anything more than a 70's smokers machine that gets rid of cigarette smoke

-Hannibal

Then whats keeping it in the air ?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
judging by the photo quality it is a really old image, 70's maybe, some idiot hippie thought it would be funny to have someone toss it in the sky and take a picture and say it was a ufo, for real, do you think something with that boxeness and corny features could achieve lightspeeds??

-Hannibal

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:21 AM
link   

do you think something with that boxeness and corny features could achieve lightspeeds??

-Hannibal

How can you make jugdements on its corny features when you or me have never seen a space craft that could achieve lightspeed ? What are you making your comparisons from

Also if the UFO in the photo was a "smokers machine" tossed into the air where is the blur indercate movement ?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:04 AM
link   
the simple aeurodynamics of it, as far as a motion blur, probaly snaped the shot at the peak of the toss, if i were u i would'nt waste any more time on this....joke

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

if i were u i would'nt waste any more time on this....joke

Why ?, you have provided absolutely no proof other then your own opinion.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
for me it look like fake..
a crapy Hoax

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
what proof, that thing is a joke, look at the size of it, then you can tell how far away the camera is, back then they did'nt have the farther zooming capabilities that they have now, judging from where the camera is and the size it would be the size of a round shoebox, which was the size of those smke away containers, it's the lamest hoax i've seen. bottom line it's a joke
-Hannibal

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That pic has been around for a long time. Debunked serveral times on here, and other websites as well. If I can find the threads, I'll post them here.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The poor excuse that this object is of crappy make and what not is absoluty absurd conclusion. This is however either a fake or someone with alot of free time, but the reason why it is NOT a UFO is far from some aoredynamic excuse or its 'corny' make. Those statements are opinions and have no scientific merit behind them.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
ok, well then how do you know it is a fake, no doubt it is, but apparently my judgment is meaningless, so why do you think it is a fake?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
RedPill- I can not tell you why it is a fake because I am not an expert in photography, UFO's, or that particular object. I can however make a logical ASSUMPTION, and that being that it is a hoax or a fake. I can not sit here and make scientific judgement on the object due to my lack of expertise in that field. If you are educated in aeronatical engineering or raocket science than I would take your statements into high regard, being that you are not, you and I are on the same level, we are both making logical assumptions.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ok, sorry, I did not state why I think it is a hoax, so let me. First what jumps out at me is the 3 windows. The 3 windows are conventiantly facing the camera. Furthermore, there is an obvious 'gap' from the middle window to the left one, a much bigger gap than there is from the far right to the middle. I am assuming yet again, that a race with the technology to travel hundreds of light years has the capability to make equal measurments on how the windows should be arranged. Also, the object falling out of the bottom looks like just that. Just a piece falling down, it has no technological characteristics, and the way it is falling I would imagine that it weighed nothing, yet again, I am assuming that a technology advandced enough for space travel would have far greater technology. And why only one pic? For such a spectacular accurance why not snap a few pics? As this object was so close? This again is an assumption, but, it smells like a hoax. These are my logical assumptions.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by mrjenka]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Yes I think its a hoax too. mrjenka is right. The distance between the middle and right windows is different btween the distance between the left and middle windows. Also I notice that the left most window does not seem to "fit" the ufo. Everyone know that the window should curve according to the objects dimensions but in this case the window is perfectly flat facing straight foward and not curving around to the left as it should if it were attached to the object.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This image has the big DivX watermark in the right hand corner. Is there a video of this thing in motion somewhere?

Just because of its shape, look, or age is not enough to discredit it. Just as easily, posting an image without credible/verifiable referrence or idea of its source doesn't support the idea of UFO either.

If it has been discussed and dismissed, post the links. Hopefully at some point we will have a means to sticky all the vids and images that defy explanation or have been proven to be hoaxes. Can we please have an "Out Box"

[edit on 21-3-2006 by nullster]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
If it has been discussed and dismissed, post the links. Hopefully at some point we will have a means to sticky all the vids and images that defy explanation or have been proven to be hoaxes. Can we please have an "Out Box"

[edit on 21-3-2006 by nullster]

What a great idea.

Can we get that happening ?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

judging by the photo quality it is a really old image, 70's maybe, some idiot hippie thought it would be funny to have someone toss it in the sky and take a picture and say it was a ufo, for real, do you think something with that boxeness and corny features could achieve lightspeeds??

-Hannibal

Can i just point out that in space aerodynamics are irrelevant as there is nothing to create air resistance or friction. Therefore it could be the shape of a washing machine and still achieve light speeds in space. The only case for aerodynamics would be for travel in a planets atmosphere, but i dont think in that case lightspeeds would be neccesary so it would not need to be to aurodynamical, just enough to prevent uneccesary friction.

Having said that i still think that this picture is fake.

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
jenga- you said that the 3 windows were conveniently facing the camera, how do you know whats on the other side? For all you know there could be a waving alien, unlikely but you cant dismiss what you cant see.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yes steve, you are correct. I did not take that into account. But I was not thinking like that, to me it looks like a hoax, and that is why I was looking for things to point out why it would be one, I see your point and take it into consideration. Thank you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join