It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother is watching you.... at the bar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Looks like bar hopping is going to be interesting in Vancouver these days.

Vancouver bar patrons will soon have to produce identification and have their photograph taken every time they enter clubs or bars connected to an electronic network designed to red-flag troublemakers.

Your personal history at risk

This does not give me warm fuzzies.

[Edited on 10/7/03 by crayon]

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Is nothing sacred anymore?!
I can understand the reason; being able to filter out ppl just out to fight. Problem is the remaing 99 percent just coming to get a pint...damn...

Reminds me of some new US immigration (I think) rule, that requires foreigner's passports to contain at least one set of biometric information of the bearer, to be allowed in to the country...I think it should be in effect within this year...

Brave New World huh?...

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Man that sucks. There's one bar in town that my friends and I go to just to see who can get kicked out first. Sometimes this means causing trouble. If they used this here I'd never get a drink.

Down with the man.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
what the hell? that sucks! not to mention if every person has to be photographed at the door...damn, I can only imagine how bad the lines will be then. although if it isn't mandatory, most bars won't bother
here in MI, all drivers' licenses have little scan strips on them, which can be used to spot fake IDs and such. no bars around here have bothered to buy one.

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Anybody from Vancouver? Any word on a patron protest of this? Petition or boycot of the bars that will participate?

posted on Oct, 7 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Wow, this is getting a little out of control.

new topics

top topics

join