It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is Life On Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

Arthur C. Clarke, the author of "2001: A Space Oddessy", was part of the NASA team that lauched the first Mars Surveyor back in the 1970s. Photos taken by that orbiter caught his attention, and he announced that there were objects that looked like stunted trees at the poles.

His observation was first laughed at. After he persisted, he began to get death threats. India offered him asylum if he paid for the construction of a university. Arthur C. Clarke is still there.

Is there life on Mars? Yes. Are there ruins on Mars? Yes.

Sometimes it is more shocking when fact overcomes belief.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Would you care to give us some background information, you know links and such?

From what I can tell this is purely your speculating opinion, not that it isn't appreciated.
You are totally entitled to your opinion, but c'mon, how are we supposed to believe without any evidence other than your word of mouth?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
After he persisted, he began to get death threats. India offered him asylum if he paid for the construction of a university. Arthur C. Clarke is still there/

Ah... So that explains why he lives in Sri Lanka. As for death threats? Well, that's a new one!

[EDIT]
He moved to Sri Lanka, when it was still called Ceylon, in 1956. This was while it was a dominion of the British Commonwelth. It was independantly governed of India, as well. It wasn't until 1972 that Sri Lanka became its own republic, free of any foreign rule, still including India's. Curious about that though...

Also, I believe the probes you were thinking of were the Viking probes, not the Mars Surveyor.

Sources:
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
[/EDIT]

Is there life on Mars? Yes. Are there ruins on Mars? Yes.

Prove it using a credible, scientific source. That rules out Richard C. Hoagland and Zecharia Sitchin, to name a couple that are neither credible nor scientific.

Sometimes it is more shocking when fact overcomes belief.

Yeah, so don't you provide some facts to support your belief?

[edit on 2/22/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
there is apparently a Mole on there too. After watching the Alternative 3 video, I'm not sure what to believe. If that was hoax...or if it was real, and the russians really did go to Mars.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitelightwolf
there is apparently a Mole on there too. After watching the Alternative 3 video, I'm not sure what to believe. If that was hoax...or if it was real, and the russians really did go to Mars.

Okay, yeah... I'm just confused by your statement there.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
here you go. Look at this link, and see for your selves a lake of surface water, plenty of trees and other vegetation and what appears to be a huge forest. This is an awesome web sight, the pics are good high resolution and can be saved to your pic files for later review. All in all i am convinced that theres water and life on mars (Even if it is primitive trees and the like)

mmmgroup.altervista.org...

Enjoy. Because for me this is 100 % proof I needed.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well sorry your 100% proof is a bunch of incorrect interpretations.

I already explained elsewhere how H2O does not transmit infrared light.

Thus...these lakes would be dark-bodies because these photos are taken in the near-infrared to infrared spectrum.

Being that they are not dark-bodies these are not lakes.

End of story...

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Enjoy. Because for me this is 100 % proof I needed.

"Oh! Well that guy said he saw that thing and I kind of see it too... So it must exist! Yeah!"

Way to go, real scientific and credible.

[/sarcasm]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I want to thank MadGreebo for posting that website. I have been looking for photos like these for years--ever since I heard about Arthur C. Clarke's adventure with NASA and his flight to India.

However, I urge all of you to remain skeptical of these photos. Though effort has been taken to post these photos to be viewed--there is always the possibility of hoaxes.

NASA did reveal that methane was present when samples were taken by the Rovers. Methane can only be present when life is present--or had been present recently.

Okay...so if life exists on Mars with irrefutable proof--why is this still being censored from mainstream media?

Your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Aw, Keen, it's not MadGreebo's fault your appartment was blown up because you hung a cartoon of mohammed in there. It's MadGreebo's fault they found you when you opened the site and the paranoia-o-cam from that site was able to see into your appartment and broadcast the image to Pakistan.

See this thread for an extensive discussion on these "trees".

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
ever since I heard about Arthur C. Clarke's adventure with NASA and his flight to India.

Still waiting on your source for that bit of information. I think I clearly established that where ever you go that from was full of crap.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Stratrf us your wrong sorry mate. Ever seen a warm water spring in iceland on near IR film? no? Shows up nice and clear because....its warm...... hence the IR image is clearer than COLD water. If water is warm it radiates heat, heat being IR energy.

The water tide mark can be seen clearly on each of the pictures involved, so sorry mate your argument don't hold water.

Flaming aside, these pics are not mainstream because people cannot reach out of the box to grasp new ideas. (Unless your an ATS fan :lol

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Liquid water cannot exist on the surface of Mars for two main reasons...

• Atmospheric Pressure is too low --- The surface pressure of the atmosphere on Mars is about 1 bar. On Earth, it's about 100 bars. The lower the atmospheric pressure, the lower the boiling point. This is also why at higher altitudes water boils at lower temperatures.
  • Surface temperature is too low --- The average surface temperature on Mars is -63 C (-81.4 F). Obviosuly at the poles, where this is supposed to be, it would be even colder.

Despite those reasons for liquid water not being able to exist on the surface of Mars, we have found frozen water ice in some craters. Here is one example.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Aw, Keen, it's not MadGreebo's fault your appartment was blown up because you hung a cartoon of mohammed in there. It's MadGreebo's fault they found you when you opened the site and the paranoia-o-cam from that site was able to see into your appartment and broadcast the image to Pakistan.

ur really smart. way to add sum knowledge to this topic. i really dont post all that much but i read all the time. really. grow up!

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotdogsandsoup

Originally posted by junglejake
[a whole bunch of smart stuff shortened for quote size]

ur really smart.

Thanks!

I just did a rather exhaustive and, now it seems, pointless search of google for any information about this Author C. Clark thing, and came up with naught. Not a thing on this idea. Where did this come from? How did you find out about this? Is there any basis in someone else's work, or do you just have a hunch that's what really happened?

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think if life had conclusively been found on Mars, I might have heard about it on the news. I know that a lot of people have found things that "could be" life on Mars, or "possible indications" of life on Mars. But nothing conclusive.

Look at those Mars Rover photos. Damn, that place looks about as cold and dead as anything. It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't life there.

The only thing that bothers me about the Mars images is the way the rocks are so fresh and broken and angular. It seems to me that even with as thin an atmosphere as Mars's, with its dust storms and dust devils and such any exposed rocks ought to be all nice and worn down and smooth after billion years or so. Which suggests to me that the geology is a bit more active than most folks think.

Doesn't mean there's any life there, though.

And ruins? None that I can see. Certainly none that have the kind of environmental context necessary to be plausible as ruins. You know, things that look like roads that actually go somewhere, near rivers, at the foot of a mountain, etc. Look at where the cities are on Earth. They're not randomly placed on the surface. It might be reasonable to think that if there were cities on Mars, they might be found in somewhat similar locations.

Or not.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
The only thing that bothers me about the Mars images is the way the rocks are so fresh and broken and angular. It seems to me that even with as thin an atmosphere as Mars's, with its dust storms and dust devils and such any exposed rocks ought to be all nice and worn down and smooth after billion years or so. Which suggests to me that the geology is a bit more active than most folks think.

The sand is a lot less dense than the sand on Earth. On top of that, so is the atmosphere. This allows for sand to be taken into Mars' upper atmosphere instead of being blown relatively close to the surface like on Earth. So erosion wouldn't happen as quickly.

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   

I know the information isn't easy to find. I had heard a radio interview several years ago on coast-to-coast, hosted by Art Bell. He spoke with Arthur C. Clarke while he was in India.

The crux of getting proof about this is that the past shows are archived, but you have to be a member of the show's streamlink to have access to it. A simple search engine would bring up the interview.

There was a rumor that finding life on Mars was Clarke's motivation to write "2001: A Space Oddessy".

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm in agreement with CMDR on this, life, except possibly sub-surface microbes/bacteria, does not exist on life, there are many scientific reasons, a good chunk of which CMDR has already provided.

And I feel I should add a few more reasons why complex life can not exist on Mars.

+Mars has no ElectroMagnetic Field (EMF), it's planetary core is cold and dead, without that field the solar winds would, and most possibly did billions of years ago, strip Mars OF ITS atmosphere and water.

+Ok, I'm not to sure about this, but from my understanding if Mars indeed did have an atmosphere similiar to Earth's right now, it would still be extremely cold there, since it's not in the Life zone. Again, not totally sure about that.

NASA did reveal that Methane was present when samples were taken by the Rovers. Methane can only be present when life is present--or had been present recently.

Ok, yeah we know there is some Methane in Mars's extremely thin atmosphere, but it does'nt mean there is life there.
Methane does not come only from living things.

Also, I don't think it was the rovers that detected it, I believe it was either a satelite or an Earth observation.

Ok, well thats all I have to say so far.

I do hope that CMDR will correct me if I got anything wrong.

EDIT:
Fixed spelling mistakes.

[edit on 2/22/2006 by iori_komei]

posted on Feb, 22 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
With the discoveries of life on Earth in what was believed to be enviroments too hostile for life, there may very well be some form of life on Mars yet to be discovered.

I seriously doubt that these life forms will invade and cause chaos on our planet though, but in case, I'll take a trip to the nearest hospital and get all the bacterial cultures I can round up for these planet stealing hoodlums.

Oh. BTW. Take a look at this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join