It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Rap Song Removed From Shelves Because It Insults Muslims

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beachcoma
You could also ask what makes people think they are in the right for offending people....repeatedly. Freedom of speech

The problem with that line of thinking Beach is that there's no real way one person can possibly 100% know the sensibilities of another.

If I say something that offends you; Is it my fault you're offended?? I don't think so.

Being offended by what others say does one thing: It empowers others to have control over YOUR sensibilities. If you're offended by what I say, I have control of that which you are offended by. You have relinquished control of your sensibilites to me; and I therefore can do whatever I want with your sensibilities. (Wow!!! I love having this power!!!) The angry rioting Muslims have done just this. This is the fundamental flaw in their (Islamic) line of thinking.

So it is blasphemy to make caricatures of the Prophet Muhammed. Why must I be held to those strict rules when I'm not Muslim? Why do Muslims expect non-Muslims to follow the tenets of their beliefs? This is, in part, where the clash of cultures exist. Until Muslims sit back and realise that they are in fact a minority in this world and learn to share this world with non-muslims, these problem will continue.

The BEST way to handle insults to one's sensibilites; is to simply igore them. (This is what I teach my children). You know: "Sticks and Stones"...

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You didn't read my post properly, I said "offend people repeatedly". The key word here being repeatedly.

It's like back in grade school a kid calling another names, then again, then again, then again even after the other kid said "stop it!"

But like I said, whatever floats your boat. I don't want to argue this point anymore -- I've stated my opinions on sense and sensibilty many times already -- you have your beliefs, I have mine. If they don't agree, well then let's just agree to disagree. Let's not run riot about it

Edit: sigh.. spelling..

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Beachcoma]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's like back in grade school a kid calling another names, then again, then again, then again even after the other kid said "stop it!"

So.....the proper response for the kid who is the target of those repeated "names" (insults) is to burn down his school; kil the kid (and others as well); destroy property in general? (This is a rhetorical question and I know your answer would be "no")

So what is an appropriate response to "repeated" insults? How can that be applied to the Muslim rioters?

My point is: It doesn't matter if I'm making repeated insults. Your being offended gives me power over your sensibilites. How is it that I'm responsible for how you feel? How am I responsible for your emotions?

I'm going to copy these last few exchanges to here: www.abovetopsecret.com... since the topic of this thread relates to the rap music removed from the shelves. These last few exchanges are more appropriate for the other thread.

[edit on 8-2-2006 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
By just saying "rap," you knew what people would assume. That is encouraging ignorance.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
wow we should remove all songs that offend people, races, trade jobs. hell lets just shut down the music industry and while were at it radio stations some times offend people. lets shut them down also. tv stations some times offend me, lets shut them down to. but don't stop there newspapers, billboard. wait i have an even better idea lets have doctors sew the mouths of babies shut. if we start that now in 70-80 years no one will ever say an offending thing again and just to cap it off let's quit teaching reading and writing. if people become illiterate then they wont be able to write or read offending things

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarlemHottie
By just saying "rap," you knew what people would assume. That is encouraging ignorance.

Really harlem?? Please tell what you believe "people would assume?" That article is about a rap song. What would you expect me to say?? A country song?

posted on Feb, 9 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
the muslims testing the waters to see how much they can get away with.

This whole country is patootywhipped, last season on 24 (a fox show) muslims were the terrorists trying to blow up american cities.

This year because they got protested from muslims, russian's are the terrorists trying to blow up american cities.

Whipped I tell ya, the media has become totally spineless, corporate america is does not speak for us.

We know that muslims want to blow things up, we see it with our own eyes on the news, we know they want to dominate the world within 100 yrs, ect why are we silenced when we try to talk about it.

Is this to blame on the liberals?? i mean even fox news and it's show channels feel they have to walk on eggshells.

Muslims want censorship in western countries when it comes their shananigans, why are their demands heeded?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
whats wrong with defending your religion.
In islam we dont like people talking sh1t about quran or whatever and we dont inslut other religions.OH and stop with ***** behead thing making me reall angry plz just stop with that line not all muslims say that only 1%
do k?

posted on Feb, 10 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaCk2thereallife
In islam we dont like people talking sh1t about quran or whatever and we dont inslut other religions.OH and stop with ***** behead thing making me reall angry plz just stop with that line not all muslims say that only 1%
do k?

Last time I heard, right from a muslim mouth that christian's were lazy and piggish because they didn't pray as much as islamic folks do.

The other issue is, defending your religion and destroying property that isn't yours, is not one in the same. Torching buildings, cars, and hurting people isn't defending your religion, it's offensive and it's retaliation from a few people that put a bomb on mohammad's head in a cartoon, ect.

Learn the difference.

ps: the only person that can allow you to get angry is yourself. People can say what they want, they don't have to stop because you told them to, you need to learn self control if your going to live in the western world, cuz your going to hear alot of things that your not going to like.

[edit on 10-2-2006 by TrueLies]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
It is a basic business practice, it has nothing to do with political correctness but rather capitalism.

Nope, you got it wrong my friend. It's called "Terrorism" and it appears to work very well and Sony has decided they don't want to be in the middle of the crosshairs. . Don't make them mad or they may go after your company, people, executives, family, embassy ... next.

Reality though, it's all just a game to keep all of you brainwashed folks fighting one another instead of coming together to fight the real baddies. You can refuse to play, but first you have to open your eyes.

[edit on 13-2-2006 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by wang
Great source Fox News!
Very non-bais.

Doesn't change the fact that the story is true.

Frankly I find all rap offensive ... offensive to good taste in music
that is. But I'm not having a hissyfit demanding that all rap be
taken out of stores; I'm not threatening people who buy it or
listen to it. All I'm doing is praying that people stop polluting
their brains with it. (I'm so ooooold!
)

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

People defending their religion is great. But there
are ways to do it and ways not to do it. Destruction
of other people's property, looting, theft, rioting, murder,
and calling for genocide of other countries (Denmark)
is NOT defending a religion.

Defending a religion is, first and foremost, PRAYING
that the God you worship will enlighten those who
don't understand. Write and call media outlets
offering information and reasonings for what your
religion believes. Boycott business' that you find
offensive. Prayerful and peaceful protests can
also be used.

Also, when educating the public about what the
religion believes, it is good for the person protesting
to learn about his/her own faith as well. Many times
people don't understand their own religion or faith
until it is challenged and then they have to learn
more about it to defend it. Sometimes what they
learn ... they didn't know and they don't like.
Sometimes those who speak against the behaviors
of people within a religion are RIGHT ... like it or not.

Example - those who spoke about the criminality of
the behaviors of the Bishops and Rome in regards to
the pedophilia scandal in the Catholic church were RIGHT.

The reaction of disgust towards the criminals who are
looting, rioting, and murdering is well earned. The
reaction of disgust from non-muslims is because of
the uncivilized behavior of many muslims. Frankly,
their behavior is proving the Danish cartoonist RIGHT
in his depictions.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   

we dont inslut other religions.

www.honestreporting.com...
www.tomgrossmedia.com...
ga1.org...

Islamic cartoons loooooooooove to insult.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So two wrongs make a right? Or three lefts do? Fight intolerance by being intolerant as well?

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I believe that the hypocricy is being pointed out, not that two wrongs make a right.
However, as I am sure that all such behavior is offensive, and as I am sure I am not aware that such offensive cartoons and words have been drawn and uttered from the other side of the argument YEARS before these particular carttons came about, I feel confident that many here will not be posting for a while as they will lead the charge against Islamic crimes against Jews, Christians and others, right?

We'll save some seats until y'all's return.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yes, I know there's hipocracy going on, in both sides no doubt. I'm simply pointing out that both sides have wronged the other, and both sides now want the other to change by being intolerant, which is really silly in my opinion.

I don't have much to comment about this particular news story because I don't have any idea what exactly the song is saying and which verses are in use.

Heck even the rapper and songwriter doesn't know if he did any wrong. He was not aware!

[...]
"I did not intend to insult the Koran in any way," said Joey Boy, whose real name is Abhisit Opasiemlikit. "If I knew that there was an insulting sound or element in my song, Suki and I would not have created it."
[...]

So we don't know anything about the issue that makes this song an issue. Did you get that?

All we know is that it is removed because some the Thai Muslim Council said they shouldn't have used Koranic verses.

[...]
The Council of Muslim Organizations of Thailand said rapper Joey Boy and songwriter Kamol Sukosol Clapp, also known as Suki, should not have used the Koranic verses.
[...]

So all we do know is that a website said that it "clearly insults the Koran," hardly a big deal. I'd read the article on the site myself but I don't understand their language.

What is the significance of that web-site? What is it's relationship to the muslim community there? How many people represent the views of that website? The most important question of all, why is the song said to be insulting the Qur'an?

While these questions still remain unanswered everyone is quick to judge and assume the worst.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I believe that the hypocricy is being pointed out ...

Yes. That's right. Hypocricy. Also the fact that a Muslim
poster said that those in his religion didn't mock other
religions. The links I provided show that he was wrong.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Fight intolerance by being intolerant as well?

Being intolerant of CRIMINAL behavior is not being intolerant
of people due to race, gender or creed. It's being intolerant
of CRIME.

On a personal note ... yes, I am getting very tired of hearing
Muslims committing criminal acts against innocent people
simply because they don't like political cartoons (which they
also engage in), because they don't like certain music, or
because they don't like pink teddy bears being sold on
February 14th.

I'm not alone in being tired of this.

I am intolerant of massive numbers of Muslims engaging in
criminal behavior. I am personally tired of it as well.

[edit on 2/13/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Alright, just checking

We are in agreement there. It's just that when you make generalizations it seems like you're looking for an excuse to paint those who are muslims but condemn these criminal acts as one and the same as these criminals. Makes us think you're out to get us.

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I just found a flash that said what needed to be said.

www.newgrounds.com...

EVERYONE WATCH IT!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join