Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Proof of the FIRST use of a genetically targetted bioweapon?????

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Could this be evidence of the first deployment of a biological weapon specifically targetted by ethnicity????

This is HIGLY disturbing if true...

Theories have abounded on this board regarding the thought that SARS could have been a bioweapon deployed against China as retaliation for the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia.

It is a known fact that caes of SARS in non-Asian individuals were far less severe than those found in Asian decended victims, and I read at least 2 places that NO caucasian individauls actually died of SARS...

Why did SARS only become an epidemic in China and in Toronto, the part of Canada where many Chinese emigrants live? Scientists have found a genetic susceptibility to SARS that explains this puzzle.
Maggie Fox writes that a variant in an immune system gene called human leukocyte antigen, or HLA, makes certain patients much more likely to develop the life-threatening symptoms of SARS. This gene variant is common in people of southern Chinese descent.

www.unknowncountry.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Forgot to point this little bit out...

No indigenous Taiwanese, who make up about 1.5% of the population there, ever developed SARS. They say, "Interestingly, (HLA-B 4601) is also seldom seen in European populations."

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You're making a very good point here Dragonrider, but can you explain the deaths in canada, the uk and singapore, i wouldnt put that many deaths down to genetic collateral damage.

The political ramifications of a genetically targeted bioweapon being discovered would be enormous and not really worth the risk, but then again this is the US government we are talking about, and under Bush i wouldn't put this past them. Perhaps next they will be working on aerial sedatives for use in chemtrails that knock out people with certain genetic traits...or even to neutralise aggressive genes.

Interesting...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
You're making a very good point here Dragonrider, but can you explain the deaths in canada, the uk and singapore, i wouldnt put that many deaths down to genetic collateral damage.

Interesting...

I would be very interested to know how many of the deaths in Canada were caucasian, and how many were Aian immigrants? Seems to me that the hardest hit area was Torontos "Little China" district, and as I mentioned, I read at least 2 articles stating that NO deaths were reported for caucasians...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Ok then, i take back what i said, but i do remember seeing white people being affected on the news.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The New England Journal of Medicine did a very, very thorough investigation of the first 10 identified cases in Toronto.
8 of the 10 were of Asian descent.
NEJM link

A summary of the clinical features and initial investigations of the first 10 cases of SARS identified in Canada (8 probable and 2 suspected) is given in Table 1. All of the patients were adults, ranging from 24 to 78 years of age. Six of the 10 were men. Eight of the 10 were of Asian descent. Three had a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes mellitus (Patient 1, Patient 2, and Patient 8); two had underlying pulmonary disease (asthma in Patient 3 and chronic cough of unclear cause in Patient 6); and four had a history of smoking (Patient 2, Patient 6, Patient 8, and Patient 9) although none still smoked. Given the patients who had a defined exposure time (Patient 3, Patient 7, and Patient 8), the incubation period can be estimated to range from 3 to 10 days. However, we are unable to exclude the possibility of a one-day incubation period in Patient 3.

It's a tough read, being a med journal and all, but well worth it. The above quote gives a nice summary, but the whole article is very good.

-B.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Consider the main use for a bioweapon....

It is NOT necessarily to kill a high number of people... indeed, you get far moreuse from a weapon that only kills a limited number of people, but injures or incapacitates a large number of people, as that then ties up a large number of the enemy (as caretakers) and resources to care for the injured and incapaciated.

Although SARS was indeed deadly, the vast number of patients did indeed survive, although through very intensive medical care, likely at huge financial expense.

What other desirable qualitities would you want in a truly effective bioweapon?

The ability to instill fear and panic in the target population.

Didnt face masks become all the rage in Asia after SARS hit? I think it lived up to that requirement quite well.

The ability to disrupt commerce, finances and the economy.

Again, we have no idea what the total financial outlay for treating and preemptively controlling SARS outbreaks cost the Chinese government, but I am sure it was close to the billions of dollars.

In addition, what about the costs associated with the lost revenue and work from public places being quarantined? People being afraid to go out in public to shop and do business? Businesses decimated due to the workforce being affected by yhe disease? What about the lost tourism and commerce from abraod, as travel advisories were issued? What about the stigma that still lingers in the affected areas, and the hesitance for tourists and businesses to return?

Again, mission 100% accomplished by SARS.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

Theories have abounded on this board regarding the thought that SARS could have been a bioweapon deployed against China as retaliation for the loss of the Space Shuttle Columbia.

WTF?

What has China to do with 'Columbia'?

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Evidence suggests that Columbia was taken down by a Scalara strike that originated from China. Tis was likely a warning against the US going to war with Iraq.

SARS was the likely retaliation.

A lot has been made of the China/Columbia situation not being valid, however, since there is now evidence that SARS may well be an ethnically targetted weapon, and considering the countries most likely to prouce such a weapon...

2+2=4

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's an interesting theory, and goes along the lines of the use of the AIDS virus, but what actual harm has it done to China apart from some slight embarrassment unless it was a threat of what is to come?

Since when did China care about embarrassment?

BTW nerdling you've got the poofiest avatar I've ever seen, and coming from me at present, that's saying something!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As far as what damage was done to China, read my post above. China sustained significant financial damage, not to mention the public perception of the population that things were out of control (a very dangerous thing to happen in CHina).

I would be very interested to hear Estragons thoughts on this subject...

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Since when did China care about embarrassment?

Yeah,

Remember that Chinese werent much bothered about the Tiananmen Square incedent..

Which btw was supposed to same kind of thing to the China that breaking of Berlin wall was for USSR / East-block..

(CIA generated thing..)

China is on to you.. be aware..

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
China are a secretive communist country. They don't care about world opinion in the way most other countries do - look at the three gorges dam for example. It might have hit them financially, but only tourist wise, and they were still on course to acheive a GDP growth of 8% despite SARS.
english.peopledaily.com.cn...

I'm a little drunk though. So I'll shut up.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Ok then, i take back what i said, but i do remember seeing white people being affected on the news.

Yeah, The media lies. A lot.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

Yeah, The media lies. A lot.

Caucasians were affected, but there were several cases that were cited by doctors that it was curious that the White cases were far less severe than Asian cases. I would still like to find out if ANY caucasians died from SARS...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
hmmm I can't find anything about caucasians death toll, but I've found an interesting summary:

www.who.int...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
or are we still being victimized by ignorance across all borders...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   
After doing a bit of research, I cannot find any evidence that any other ethnic group suffered fatalities from SARS other than Asians....

That would be strong evidence in itself that this is a bioweapon targetted soley by ethnicity.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There are Asian people in the UK. The singapore people are ethnically related to the Chinese. racial wepoan? You bet.

Caucasian deaths? None that I know of. Minor cases of of SARS, hardly anything they needed to worry about. SARS was definitely an ethnic weapon.

If there were Caucasians who were affected by it, it would be worth it to look into the racial ancestry of those people, to see if they had Chinese great grandparents, or Asian ancestors. Were they also of eastern European decent? eastern Europe, mainly Russia and the Ukraine, but elsewhere as well, has alot of Mongol history as well.

AIDS is a biological weapon as well. The vast majority of heterosexuals infected by it are black. The numbers of white heterosexuals who get it are VERY low.

When you consider the time when aids was being spread before it was discovered, it was the 1970s. A decade where people were engaging in bi sexual activity, drug use, and rampant promescutity. Given that, you would think the numbers of AIDS cases would be FAR worse than what actually happened. Yet, the Aids cases were pretty much limited to gay communities, and black communities, with only a handful of white hetrosexuals having the virus, far fewer than should have gotten it, by the laws of probability.

But in Africa, its spreading like the common cold. Over there, almost everyone who comes in contact with the diesease becomes infected. Where as comming in contact with it for white people is still a good shot you wont get it.

It seems to like paticular genetic codes.

AIDS I believe is a bioweapon that was aimed at controling the black population. the overwhelming number of blacks who get it and seem to get it more often is astounding, compared to other races, whop contract it it much lower numbers and rates.

SARS, AIDS, whose race is next? Will they start comming up with something for person of Arab decent?

When you consider that certain Nazi scientists were brought over to work for the US govornment.......

It shouldnt surprise you at all, they are carrying out a form of the Final Solution of thier own.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
There are Asian people in the UK. The singapore people are ethnically related to the Chinese. racial wepoan? You bet.

Caucasian deaths? None that I know of. Minor cases of of SARS, hardly anything they needed to worry about. SARS was definitely an ethnic weapon.

If there were Caucasians who were affected by it, it would be worth it to look into the racial ancestry of those people, to see if they had Chinese great grandparents, or Asian ancestors. Were they also of eastern European decent? eastern Europe, mainly Russia and the Ukraine, but elsewhere as well, has alot of Mongol history as well.

AIDS is a biological weapon as well. The vast majority of heterosexuals infected by it are black. The numbers of white heterosexuals who get it are VERY low.

When you consider the time when aids was being spread before it was discovered, it was the 1970s. A decade where people were engaging in bi sexual activity, drug use, and rampant promescutity. Given that, you would think the numbers of AIDS cases would be FAR worse than what actually happened. Yet, the Aids cases were pretty much limited to gay communities, and black communities, with only a handful of white hetrosexuals having the virus, far fewer than should have gotten it, by the laws of probability.

But in Africa, its spreading like the common cold. Over there, almost everyone who comes in contact with the diesease becomes infected. Where as comming in contact with it for white people is still a good shot you wont get it.

It seems to like paticular genetic codes.

AIDS I believe is a bioweapon that was aimed at controling the black population. the overwhelming number of blacks who get it and seem to get it more often is astounding, compared to other races, whop contract it it much lower numbers and rates.

SARS, AIDS, whose race is next? Will they start comming up with something for person of Arab decent?

When you consider that certain Nazi scientists were brought over to work for the US govornment.......

It shouldnt surprise you at all, they are carrying out a form of the Final Solution of thier own.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join