It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CONS: Project Northwoods. America's plan to attack America.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
[pressimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a6c6ca590e76.jpg[/pressimg]In 1962 The Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up a plan to justify waging an all out war against Cuba. Among its recommendations were a terror campaign against Cubans living in Florida, The hijacking of airplanes and surface vessels and the in flight replacement of passenger airlines with drones which would be shot down. All choreographed by the military.

www.gwu.edu
a. An aircraft at Eglin AFB would be painted and
numbered as an exact duplicate for a civil registered
aircraft belonging to a CIA proprietary organization in the
Miami area. At a designated time the duplicate would be
subsituted for the actual civil aircraft and would be
loaded with the selected passengers, all boarded under
carefully prepared aliases. The actual registered
aircraft would be converted to a drone.

b. Take off times of the drone aircraft and the actual
aircraft will be scheduled to allow a rendezvous south of
Florida. From the rendezvous point the passenger-carrying
aircraft will descend to minimum altitude and go directly
into an auxiliary field at Eglin AFB where arrangements will
have been made to evacuate the passengers and return the
aircraft to its original status. The drone aircraft
meanwhile will continue to fly the filed flight plan. When
over Cuba the drone will being transmitting on the inter-
national distress frequency a "MAY DAY" message stating he
is under attack by Cuban MIG aircraft. The transmission
will be interrupted by the destruction of aircraft which will
be triggered by radio signal. This will allow IACO radio

Appendix to
Enclosure A

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Page 14

stations in the Western Hemisphere to tell the US what
has happened to the aircraft instead of the US trying to
"sell" the incident.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If as far back as 1962 the top levels of the defense department were considering using substitute planes to justify a war it wanted, I find the ramifications for 9/11 to be seriously disturbing.

I honestly had my doubts that the government would substitute a passenger plane with a drone, as many in the 9/11 debate have proposed, but now I read the plans for just such a thing in the governments own documents.

This is very much an eye opener for me.

Edit to remove my name, I accidently signed the submission

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
mrwupy,

Hope you don't mind, but I reclassified this to the ATS category to make it show up on ATSNN instead of TerrorAnalysis. TA doesn't get as much traffic and we will be phasing it out soon.

This is an interesting find worth a concentrated read. Thanks for bringing it to us!

[edit on 1-7-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Thanks for the bump Valhall. Its my first news submission and lord knows we noobies need all the help we can get.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Is that real....I mean, is that documented proff that at one time, an administration was planning the use of false hijacked planes, so they could justify a war (nuclear at that)?!?!!

A bit of vomit just climbed up my throat...

I hope for our sake that 'bush co' never saw or heard about that, and that this is all a big coincidence.....god I hope so...

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
This has been brought up many times on this forum.
I'm surprised you haven't heard of it before.

Click on the 'northwoods' tag at the bottom of this page to see some of the past discussions on it.

The first time I heard of it I was also shocked but it was just a far out plan that was never carried out.

The Gulf of Tonkin incident was worse in my opinion because that was something they actually went ahead and lied about.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ace,

Would you mind posting the other threads here for us? This is very interesting and I have never heard anything about it before. I would like to read everything that is available on it.

Thank you very much!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No problem Val.

Islamic Jihad or another Operation Northwoods (posted on 10-7-2003)

The Northwoods Documents (posted on 8-9-2003)

Operation Northwoods: Creating the Pretext for War (posted on 14-11-2003)

Operation Northwoods (posted on 18-6-2004)

Operation Northwoods= Operation Iraqi Freedom????? (posted on 15-8-2004)

1960's: Military planned attacks in US to create support for Cuba war (from ATSNN) (posted on 4-3-2005)

Those are the threads specifically about Northwoods but there are many other threads in which it is referenced.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Thanks Ace!

We now have a virtual compendium on this!

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Thanks for the help Val and Ace. I tried the search feature and couldn't find a thing on this. Thats why I posted it. If I had known there were already multiple threads I probably would have moved on to something else.

Again though, thanks for the help.

Wupy

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenOne
I hope for our sake that 'bush co' never saw or heard about that, and that this is all a big coincidence.....god I hope so...

What are the odds?

In reading through the document, especially the bottom of page 7 through 11, it sounds like what I suspect went on with the PNAC crowd between 1997 and 2001.

I know people don't want to believe that our government would ever do anything this terrible, but I fear people are just naïve. And I don't mean that as an insult. Normal people are just kind-hearted and would never think the human spirit could stoop so low, but they have. And I'm convinced they did. In 2001.

Thanks, mrwupy for bringing this up again. This is the first I've heard of it, but I'm fairly new on this board and all the previous thhreads predate me.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
mrwupy,

No problem whatsoever. Ever once in a while it is healthy for these topics to resurface. As you can see there are at least three of us (counting yourself) that hadn't heard of this before. I just recently realized that in the past year there have been so many new members join and there is a LOT of content that they don't even know about.

There's always something new we learn when new people get involved in a topic.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Yeah its a very interesting FOIA document. I've discussed it on ATSNN a few times.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The original link does not work for me, but just reading what mrwupy posted, a chill went down my spine...

I.. am... stunned... Is that document for real???
:shk:

*fights urge to crawl into bed and never come back out*

OMG

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
This website, although in French, has scans of the actual documents in all their glory. You can confirm it all yourself:
www.asile.org...

Here's the page of the quote in the original post:

[edit on 8-1-2006 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Thanks, TheShroudOfMemphis.

The entire index of suggestions is sickening...

I urge everyone to read the entire list of recommendations found in that document...

:shk:

[edit on 8-1-2006 by loam]

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'd heard the part about shooting down a civilian airliner before, but I had no idea that there were dozens of equally devious deceptions incorporated in the plan. The words pretext and justification just jump right off the pages, and if this plan had been put in action the US military would have been waging a full blown terror campaign against it's own citizens to incite support for invading Cuba.

Is this what's happening today in the middle east?

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
This is certainly compelling evidence of a potential cover for government involvement in the 911 attacks.

Please see an article that I've presented that would give reason to do such a thing as this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This is very much an eye opener for me.

Operation Northwoods is, I think, pretty disturbing to everyone that reads about it. Its also disturbing that it got practically no news coverage when it was revealed, only a short while ago. I'd think that the formulation of the plan ranks as a crime no? Anyone alive that was invovled with it should be arrested and shot.

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
They say this is one of the billion reasons why Kennedy was killed.. After reading this he was appauled by it and decided to issue an order like 00001 or something to get rid of the CIA..

posted on Jan, 8 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
This is going to go over like a truckload of dead babies, but... keep in mind the times, and the context. And before you say "It's never right to do wrong", remember that the Russians wanted to point nukes at us from 90 miles away. Our military was prepared to prevent that from happening.

Had the Russians been allowed to succeed, then the entire world political scene today would be different, and I don't think for the better.

This isn't an endorsement of Northwoods. It's an attempt to understand why the military would plan it in the first place.

Because if all we wanted to do was to occupy Cuba, then Kennedy's assasination was all the reason that was needed to do so. Just blame the Cubans for it and walk right in.

Fire away.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join