It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Surface Anomalies [Many Pics]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
So, lets try this again. Here are a few of the moon surface anomlies I find interesting, these are by no means all of them.

The images come from a variety of sources including Apollo and Gemini handheld camers, telescopes, and lunar orbiters.

A large portion of the surface anomalies were discovered by Richard Hoagland (former NASA scientist), and can be ordered from NASA in negative form. As to the explination to some of the anomalies from NASA, they range from "Its a rock", to "We don't know."

Surface Anomalies

The Shard and the Cube Tower

This image is an overexposed 44x enlargement of Lunar Orbiter frame LO-III-84-M. Taken with the medium resolution camera at a distance of at least 250 miles, it shows an object dubbed by Hoagland the "Shard". The star-like object above the "Shard" is a camera registration mark. The "Shard" has a shadow cast in the correct direction for it to be a real object on the Moon and is aligned with the local vertical rather than the grain of the film, decreasing the chance it is an emulsion abnormality. Close-ups reveal a cellular-like internal structure. Above and behind the "Shard" is the "Tower", a massive 7 mile high structure with a central "cube" suspended by a tripod like base. Enhancements of the "Tower" show a similar cellular construction to the "Shard", but with a distinctly hexagonal pattern.

The Castle

This extraordinary object comes from AS10-32-4822, an Apollo hand held Hasselblad photo. The "Castle" is extremely bright and plainly visible at normal magnification, making it nearly impossible for the astronaut taking the picture to have missed it. This UNENHANCED version of it shows the remarkable stacking of it's segments and belies a natural explanation, especially when you consider it is hanging several miles high in the Lunar sky. EM enhancements show a supporting structure, including a drooping cable passing through the tip, like a suspension bridge.

This enigmantic object from frame AS10-32-4822 is literally hanging some seven miles above the Lunar surface. This side by side comparison is from 2 different versions of the same Apollo 10 photographic frame, one obtained by Hoagland and the other by another researcher. In fact, Hoagland has now identified some nine versions of this photo in various archives around the world. Evidently part of "power winder" sequence of photo's taken by the Astronauts, this allows for posititve verification of the reality of this object. Not only does the "Castle" change position relative to the spacecraft - exactly as a real suspended object would - strange, glass-like "panes" evidently pass between the spacecraft and the "Castle". This is strong confirmation of a "glass" dome in the Sinus Medii region of the Moon. Note also in the enhanced image on the right a "cable" passing thru the tip of the "Castle". It droops under the weight of this object, precisely as a real suspension cable would. The unenhanced version on the left corroborates the cellular structure of the "Castle".

Archimedes Platform (contraversial)

The largest lunar mountain range, the Apennines, and the prominent crater Archimedes dominate this part of the Moon close to the prime meridian. It was at the foot of the Apennines, close to Rima Hadley, that the Apollo 15 expedition landed. The object was reported by a Mr. Darling as, platform size 5 miles long, 1 mile wide, Elevation 5,000 ft.

The 12 Mile Long Bridge

It was reported John Glen saw this bridge with his own eyes and reported it to NASA.

Object Moving Up Hill

This is one of the most baffaling images (LunOrb5). This object is imaged moving up hill. This object is 75 feet wide and has left a 900 foot long unusal tread mark, a kind of wobble.

Faces/Art

These just strike me just as coincidence.

Unidentified Structures

The Glass Structures

A word of note on these. At first when people were investigating these, word was they were obvisouly scratches of some kind. Either they were scratched on the lunar surface or in proccesing/transportation. But as people kept imaging more and more photos with advanced spectral changes, these same scrathes appear over and over in COUNTLESS photos. They also discovered serisous evidence of image cropping done by NASA. Some photos they were able to restore percentages of what was really in the image, some not; this brings me to Astronaut Alan Bean. So people kept analizing the images, and then someone connected what they were seeing with things Alan Bean was painting in his Space Paintings. Note the cropping. They believe its his way of telling us there is something there.

www.lunaranomalies.com...

The Moon Base (Most likely a fake)

The infamous moon base photo. Most likely a fake but I thought I would add it incase no one has seen it. The origin of this photo has not been discovered so take it with a grain of salt.

[edit on 5-1-2006 by StarfleetCommand]

mod edit: Image Size Guidelines

[edit on 7-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Wow. NIce thread, made for a good read.

The only problem that I can see is with the Apollo 13 Images. The supposed 'glass' structure seems to be way too bright in both frames, looks like its been photoshopped.

But the other ones are food for thought, especially the "Apollo 12 Astronauts amid the ruins" one.

Good find, mate.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Realy good find!

I realy like the dark side of the moon 'base' pic.

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I believe in the hoax theory-
that we never landed on the Moon...

BUT

When I see and heaar about Alien interaction and astronauts witnessing other ships
and pictures such as this... I start to wonder if WE REALLY DID land on the moon.

Thoughts?

Nip

posted on Jan, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I beleive we did land on the moon and I plan to get up there one day either through NASA or privet Flight....I'll learn the truth

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thanks guys,

Sonof, Yes the structures have been enhanced, not through photoshop but through an image enhancer.

Some of the pics arent loading (something to do with fortune city) so, you will have to right click them for link and manually go there.

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A lot of people ask why we stopped going to the moon, I think these pictures could tell the story. We weren't ready for what we found up there and continuing to go back would have created more problems for those wishing to cover-up these structures and anomolies. I think the people would have a hard time grasping this type of discovery. That goes for what I believe to be on Mars as well.

Peace

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Dr Love]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yes - i too find this subject of extreme interest.

the `climbing up hill` image has always baffled me. the picture is of high detail as well - you dont need to strain ya eyes too much to see whats there so to speak.

ive always blamed the tail for making that trail/track behind it. Id like this thread to be a sticky - plenty of stuff to investigate here. But only for this kind of subject material - dont want this to become another did we visit etc debate.

What other stuff do you have on this subject, i must confess what youve shown so far is stuff im already aware of - except for the darkside of the moon base pics. I personally find it hard to beleive about the glass domes behind the astronauts themselves, these i put down to merely film defects.

What do you think?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Hello StarfleetCommand and great thread
One vote for you.

I'm also very interested in anomalies on the moon and other planets. I made a huge thread about moon anomalies some times ago. Here is the url, i'm sure you'll find it interesting : www.abovetopsecret.com...

I also would like to add a picture to your collection (you'll find info about it on page 5 of the thread).

Interesting, isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Does anyone have the pics of the "triangular smudges"?... for me, they posed many questions...

the pics I speak of, are regular moon pics, with very obvious tall triangle photo blockouts, over whatever it is blocking... there are also what appear to be antennas very close by...

I was unable to see anything impressive on the "glass ruins" pics, but the others were interesting.

Also... that first shard, has shading and shape to indicate that it is a spiral something (elongated screw type structure)... reminds me of the spiral corn chips...

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
also - i know for a fact that immediate image above this reply could easily be seen with a 8 inch newtonian - anyone fancy the chalenge??

[edit on 6-1-2006 by Im a true sceptic]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Curiousity has me wondering. I'll do some research to ask myself the following questions that are most certainly pertinent to the discussion and speculative considerations concerning such complex and diverse concepts in regards to our quest for understanding.

Questions we must ask (of which I'm ignorant / don't know the answers yet):

Question #1:

How many moons/satellites orbit planets in our solar system?

Question #2:

How many of these moons revolve/spin. In other words, if we were to be standing on the surface of the other planets and be observing their moons, do their moons show the far side of their moons to their planets?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hey guys, I appreciate all of the votes and praise.

EsoTeach, not sure what you are getting at? In regards to our moon it does not spin on its axis; hence darkside of the moon.

True skeptic, could u elaborate about your challenge? As to more anomalies there are hundreds, possibly even thousands. Some anomalies though I chose not to post here for a variety of reasons. Most of them were of unusall shapes, etc that I felt werent up to par of being even remotely something. I am not an expert in topographical analysis though. As to the object moving up hill, one of the astronauts (I cant recall which) said he saw a light moving on the surface and when they imaged it this was the result. It looks like a rock, but how in the hell is it moving up that hill. The track pattern indicates either that A) Its not spheroid or B) Its changing directions slightly. I mean wtf on this one.

Lazarus, the smudges have always been used as proof that NASA has covered things. In the end though its just not really worth anything because of the nature of pixels, pixel degridation(sp), and the current technology. Thats of course in my opinon. I could be wrong. As to the question why would nasa release these photos untouched? There are literally millons of images that have to be proccesed, it only takes one anomalie for us to catch it.

As to the SHARD, the close up is amazing. Obviously impact craters ritaling the structure. Not surprising this anomalie has never been reimaged even after Hoagland requested.

Musc, Thanks!

Also I only included one image of TLP (Transient Light Phenom.). There are thousands of cases of these since the 1500's. Many, many photos of these unusall lights on the moon (mostly from astronaut films!).

[edit on 6-1-2006 by StarfleetCommand]

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarfleetCommand

True skeptic, could u elaborate about your challenge? As to more anomalies there are hundreds, possibly even thousands. Some anomalies though I chose not to post here for a variety of reasons. Most of them were of unusall shapes, etc that I felt werent up to par of being even remotely something. I am not an expert in topographical analysis though. As to the object moving up hill, one of the astronauts (I cant recall which) said he saw a light moving on the surface and when they imaged it this was the result. It looks like a rock, but how in the hell is it moving up that hill. The track pattern indicates either that A) Its not spheroid or B) Its changing directions slightly. I mean wtf on this one.

yes - since i was quite young - i remeber this subject being discussed in a weekly publication called `the unexplained` , i actually still have this in the loft
the picture `climbing up hill` is so blatantly obvious - or rather it appears that way.

the analysis of the picture in this publication went into quite some depth as to what it was...btw - it wasnt a rock.

With regard to my challenge - as long as any of these images are taken from the moon side thats facing us - from the resolution ive seen of these moon shots, ive seen better made with present day mead 8 inch telescopes - and i know people who own these frequent here... so my challege was if anyones got a decent amatuer astronomy scope maybe theyd like to look at these areas of the moon.?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
starfleetcommand

EsoTeach, not sure what you are getting at? In regards to our moon it does not spin on its axis; hence darkside of the moon

actually the moon does spin on it's axis otherwise we would see the entire moon. Think of it this way.
Place an apple on the table. now take another apple and place an X on the side that faces the first apple. Now slowly go around the central apple. Notice, that if the second (moon) apple does not rotate, then all faces of the moon apple would eventually face the earth apple.
The raotation of the moon so closely matches that of it's trip around the earth that the same face is continually facing the earth.

The Moon is in synchronous rotation, meaning that it keeps the same face turned to the Earth at all times. This synchronous rotation is only true on average because the Moon's orbit has definite eccentricity. When the Moon is at its perigee, its rotation is slower than its orbital motion, and this allows us to see up to an extra eight degrees of longitude of its East (right) side. Conversely, when the Moon reaches its apogee, its rotation is faster than its orbital motion and reveals another eight degrees of longitude of its West (left) side. This is called longitudinal libration.

Wiki

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No problem SC, you've done a great job gathering all these pics

Esoteric Teacher, i think the fact that we are seeing always the same side of our satellite is a UNIQUE pattern in our solar system. I'd like to have confirmation from others though.

What an astonishing resemblance between "The Castle" and the Apollo 8 structure
:

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Yea, unfort I don't think anyone of us have access to the size telescope needed to confirm some of the anomalies.

As far as I know axis meant rotation of the celestial body not its orbital rotation. Im wrong?

posted on Jan, 6 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Also, musc good catch on the helmet reflecting the suspended castle (labeled artifact there). I found that image seperate but I think obvisouly they are of the same thing.

I just dont think anyone has put that one together.

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarfleetCommand
Yea, unfort I don't think anyone of us have access to the size telescope needed to confirm some of the anomalies.

You reckon?

www.slamm.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...
ukastroimaging.co.uk...
ukastroimaging.co.uk...
homepage.ntlworld.com...

- takes a time to load......

in the sigs of these guys your see some technical data - celestron 8 means a telescope with an 8 inch mirror - again i feel the chance of using a quality amateur setup should give results. After all the relics are quite large, and from several miles up they look quite large - most anomalise fill a quarter of most meadium sized craters.

One crater can be seen with a telescope - its the crater with the perfect triangle in its centre - have you seen this one?? -

www.mufor.org...

So really i still stand by assertion that these or some if on the side facing us should be visable with a decent telescope - and affordable by the average hobbyist.

One other thing , this is a flight of fancy , but im looking at the pictures and come up with this titbit, time and time again - what if the craters near these relics are actually from weapons or some kind of planetary bombardment that wiped out who ever lived in the craters - or rather areas that werent cratered until they where bombarded???

Hope this helps.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Im a true sceptic]

[edit on 7-1-2006 by Im a true sceptic]

posted on Jan, 7 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Yeh thats fake look at the bottem right hand cornor says disney or something, I think it was from one of there shows they used to play like space quest or something, but I dont know I have not watched that channel in like 7 years.

Also about Richard!!!
www.thespaceshow.com...
He was on the space show recently (two days about) I recommend you listen to it, its free for download in the Link I gave, he explanes alot of important things that will explane alot of why Nasa trys there best to cover these things up.

What about the tower?

makes a perfect match almost, just if Nasa would stop withholding so many images!!! Lets see when we asked for the High definition photo of the face on mars they withheld it for three months then released it to the public with almost unnoticable edits done to it.

Heres my take on the Mars face I know there not on the moon but I find it interesting

Orignal

As you can see It is a face in this post viking image one

www.enterprisemission.com...

this will give you a idea on how big it is

Now Nasa says however this is actually what the face really looks like 30 years later!! SEE ITS NOT A FACE GUYS

Now somehow U.S. warplanes (NASA) bombed the face beyond recongnition?

If you guys wanna talk about cover ups go ahead but face it NASA withholds stuff all the time and when they do release something it takes them along time, since they probally have editing skills beyond our comprehension that whole photo could be fake for all we know.

In other news Richard C Holglen seems to have this idea that our ancestors are from Mars or something. I believe these structures (god knows how old they are) are in fact left overs of a anchient advanced civilization before the first great distruction (Nuclear war, the destroyer, gods anger, or whatever you think happen) and since everyone who writes the books on those things and studys them see that they were all of course more advanced then us, I believe that we did go to the moon way before the pyramids so eat that.

[edit on 7-1-2006 by trIckz_R_fO_kIdz]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join