It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.S: Skeptic Overview 16.1: A Holiday Tree?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

PODcast: Skeptic Overview 16.1: A Holiday Tree?
Skeptic Overview number 16 returns after a two week pause to cover all the normal topics of podcasts, threads, complaints, an interesting development for ATS members, and one hell-of-a rant from the Overlord.

length: 40:06
file: atsspod_1035.mp3
size: 16449k
feed: atss

posted on Dec, 3 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Lovin' it skeptic! Awesome l33t podcasting skillz!

posted on Dec, 4 2005 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Bravo! On the Skeptic Overview and on your fir tree diatribe!

Some people say 'trousers', some say 'pants', others say 'slacks', some call them all 'jeans'... But let me assure you, if one group or another were calling them Jesus Pants or Allah Drawers, I would find something else to call them because I use them too and I am not a follower of Jesus or Allah. It's as simple as that. I'm not offended by Jesus or Allah or the pants that some associate with them, the name just doesn't apply to me and I use them, too.

The search engine for ATS is fantastic. There is one problem that I’ve run across and that is that the Boolean side of the function does not include the newer forums (9/11, Bird Flu, Skunkworks, etc.) so if one is searching for something in those, it won't be picked up and becomes very frustrating. They can, however, use the Google search at the bottom and find posts in those forums. I would like to see the Boolean list of forums upgraded to include the new forums.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Cool Podcast, Skeptic...

It is actually the first I have listened to from ATS. As a newbie to this board, your Podcast was great for giving me some direction on where to look for some interesting reading, Thanks again!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is there anywhere where a "podcast" can be read, rather than listened to?
Sort of like a transcript, maybe?

The reason I ask, is because of a couple of reasons:

1) I share an Internet connection, and jump on it whenever I'm free and the Internet is free, however, I often don't have a whole 20 minutes, 4o minutes, etc... to listen to a podcast - that is, when my sound is working.

2) My boyfriend's computer is in the same room, and he does a lot of work on it, involving a lot of concentration in many cases, and I can't be sitting here listening to a podcast.

3) I hate learning new things. I suppose I would like it if the above two circumstances weren't there, if I just made myself learn.

Anyway, if there is somewhere to read, rather than listen, I sure would appreciate finding out where. Sometimes I feel as if I am missing a lot due to not listening to podcasts.

So.....if anyone knows a solution, please post, O.K? Thanks.

CyberKat

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberKat
Is there anywhere where a "podcast" can be read, rather than listened to?
Sort of like a transcript, maybe?

No.

1) I share an Internet connection, and jump on it whenever I'm free and the Internet is free, however, I often don't have a whole 20 minutes, 4o minutes, etc... to listen to a podcast - that is, when my sound is working.

You can right click on the PODcast name and save it to your computer and then listen to it when you do have the time, or listen to it a bit at a time. You'll still have to use that internet connection while saving, but once it's on your computer, you can just listen directly from there. And then delete it when you're done.

2) My boyfriend's computer is in the same room, and he does a lot of work on it, involving a lot of concentration in many cases, and I can't be sitting here listening to a podcast.

Tell your boyfriend that you want some cheap headphones for Christmas! This is not a joke, for my last birthday I asked my husband to make me a PODcaster and he fixed me up!

Sometimes I feel as if I am missing a lot due to not listening to podcasts.

YOU ARE! !! !

[edit on 9-12-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Excellent podcast SO, and I am anticipating the interview with the representative from the Serpo.org website. It's good to hear that it might happen.

And here is some material for a future podcast. The word "podcast" was voted the "word of the year" and added to Oxford American Dictionary. Personally I was leaning toward "sudoku", but that’s because I'm a puzzle freak.

And there are some of us that do listen, you're not just talkin to yourself.

new topics

top topics

join