It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B2 - Photo of electro-gravitic field kicking in

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This was sent to me at AlienExistence.com which I think is a very impressive picture!

Since it is now known that the B-2 has electrogravitics on board (with gravity-cancelling properties of approximately 89% or higher efficiency, utilizing a leak from defense contract insider Edgar Rothschild-Fouche, who descibed a similar system on the TR3-B antigravity triangle-plane,) it is to be noted the high coronal discharge around the airframe once it switches from take-off conventional jet turbine propulsion to electro-gravitic field propulsion.

Edited by myself, SimonGray, by replacing image with a smaller version.

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by SimonGray]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i think we discussed about this picture, just a sonic boom?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
i think we discussed about this picture, just a sonic boom?

No, it is humid air condensating at high speed, but not 'in sonic speed'.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We have discussed this phenomena before, primarily with relation to that video clip of the F-14 going supersonic at ground level over the ocean.

However, in this case the effect was not due to supersonic speed or an electrogravitic field...

From the Photographer, Bobbi Garcia:

As for how I got the shot. I was in a chase F-16 being flown by Maj "Bernie" Cassidy. Between test points we would try to capture the condensation on still film. The camera I was using was a Hasselblad with a power winder (equates to about 1 frame per second) and the vapors only happen briefly and sporadically. As you can imagine, there was a little "spaz action" going on, trying not to take any unnecessary photos that would cause the power winder to be busy when I needed to be actually shooting.

We were fairly low in altitude when the shot was taken, and heading home from the mission.

There is enough moisture over the ocean to actually cause that phenomon to happen at various speeds, not just supersonic. That is why people on the navy carriers can get that shot more often than most land-based aircraft photographers.

This quote is courtesy of the following page:

www.wilk4.com...

I suggest anyone interested in aircraft to at least take a look.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
its is a sonic boom. i see that some people are not living up to the motto of the website. ignorance, pure ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
its is a sonic boom. i see that some people are not living up to the motto of the website. ignorance, pure ignorance.

You for starters?

Anti-gravity or no, but the B-2 cant 'go' super-sonic.

Max. speed 764 Km/h.

This isnt any where near mach 1. (330-340 m/s)

As it is 212 m/s (212,22222)

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
A little off topic here:

Fulcrum, nice avatar.... are you saying that Finland is now using Saab fighters???

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Anti-gravity or no, but the B-2 cant 'go' super-sonic.

How exactly do you know this to be fact Fulcrum?

I know you tend to hate everything american and consider everything russian to be superior but you have no idea what the true top speed of this craft is. Either do I and I'm an american.
Hell, we don't even know the true top speed of our carriers, let alone black project aircraft.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
A little off topic here:

Fulcrum, nice avatar.... are you saying that Finland is now using Saab fighters???

No,

We were using, now they are WFU.

This aircraft was painted in 'special colors' for the farewell ceremony.

Fry2,

I have my sources.. i actually belive that the figure i gave is very much correct.

B-2 is designed to be stealthy, not fast.

Its speed is about the same as TU-95 Bears.. and 'Bear' is as effective bomber as B-52.. but B-2 is also almost invisible..

Only thing really that bothers me about B-2 is the terminated 'program' and so the massive unit cost.

there were 20 build.. out of 126 or 136 indented..

[Edited on 23-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think you need to do a little research on the background and nature of this photograph before jumping to that completely inaccurate conclusion.

For a simple start, why would the B-2 (if it were capable of Mach 1+ speed behind it's veil of secrecy) travel supersonic in plain view of a civilian photographer?

As Fulcrum and I have stated, it was simply the buildup of condensation over the ocean. This effect occurs on any jet plane given the right atmospheric conditions. The photographer was simply lucky enough to have captured the effect during his photo shoot.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Considering the altitude, flight characteristics, and remarkable similarity to known photos of other truly supersonic aircraft breaking the sound barrier, is there not a chance that this is a photoshop creation, replacing a more mundane supersonic aircraft with a B2?

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I might be inclined to be a believer if one could tell me why a "pressure wave" could not occur @ subsonic speeds and just exactly what gravity would have to do with it? I have not seen any evidence or good reasoning as to the effect of gravity on supersonic speed.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Quote by Professor Mark S. Cramer, Engineering Science & Mechanics at the College of Engineering at Virginia Tech.:

Condensation caused by the Prandtl-Glauert singularity can be seen in steady level flight usually at low altitude under humid conditions. This contrasts with the situations associated with lift and vortex generated condensation where large accelerations (due to maneuvers) are required.

The characteristic shape of the cloud can also be used to distinguish this type of condensation from ordinary low-subsonic condensation.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
The photo of the B-2 was taken by civilian aerial photographer Bobbi Garcia, who works for Rohmann Services in support of the Air Force Flight Test Center (AFFTC) at Edwards Air Force Base.

This photo is of a B-2 completing a mission over the Pacific Ocean.

The picture appeared in the December 30, 2002 Aviation Week and Space Technology, to win the magazine's photo contest.

This photo is not the same effect as the others that show aircraft breaking the sound barrier.

Guys, before speculation here, please research the effect caused by supersonic atmospheric pressure as opposed to high subsonic condensation. The ventral shaping of the phenemona is very different in both cases. This is definitely subsonic.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
There is also this 'vortex phenomenon' that doesnt even need 'humid air', but still generates similar looking effects on aircrafts wing and airframe when manouvering 'high g'..

I just couple hours ago looked at 'Air Internatiol' magazine a article that was about should fighter planes have one or two engines.. (i can find the issue now.. i have too many of those..) however, there was a pic about F-16N and F-14 doing 'dog fight' and both of those planes had 'this cloud' all over them.

It looks strange, but it really isnt.

*edit*

I forgot to mention:

'dog fight' takes place in speeds between only 250-750 km/h.. and some times as high as 900-950 km/h.. but never in 'sonic speeds' (1200-1400km)

[Edited on 24-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
bravo, sir simon gray. I concur.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Not the only one off...

Max speed of the B2 is 0.8 Mach or 528mph, 849.6 km/h...

Shy of Mach 1 (660mph), but faster than the previously mentioned figure.....

Granted, this is at 40,000 feet (a standard altitude)....as Mach speed changes with altitude...

The quote from the photographer says it all, as far as what he's shooting. There is an electric field on the craft, but it produces no visual, and is more related to the stealth feature, not propulsion.....

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
B-2:

416 kt / 475 mph / 764 kmh at 'high altitude' level speed. (at 45000 ft?)

And service ceiling is 50000 ft (some 15,3k meters)

I could be wrong.. or then not..

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
where do people come up with all this anti gravity # at anyways? sounds like some people have been reading a little too much sci-fi here lately. 3 words: get a life. anti gravity planes and # will come about but none of us will see it.

posted on Sep, 23 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   

where do people come up with all this anti gravity # at anyways? sounds like some people have been reading a little too much sci-fi here lately. 3 words: get a life. anti gravity planes and # will come about but none of us will see it.

Check this thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Antigravity technology has been around in concept since 1889, and in practice (at least in the lab) since 1923...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join