It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Important Project Serpo Updates: Feb 5, 2006

Serpo Summary From Shawnna

Serpo Image Hoax (A supposed image from Anon appears to be a hoax)

Someone only identifying themself as "anonymous" has been posting on this site for about the last month. In each of the posts, they give out a little more information about what supposedly happened in the 1960's, as a result of the Roswell crash.

The most recent post was yesterday -- Nov. 29.

Comments?

(I'm reserving judgment until I've read and fully digested everything that "anonymous" has written)

Project Serpo Secret DIA Zeta Reticuli Exchange Program on ATS

Admin Notice: The below summary from page 77 of this thread has been added to aid new readers in their understanding of this amazing story.

Dear Michael,

To offer you my promised personal perspective on the enigmatic Serpo story, please find below the major points and perspectives which I believe are worth dwelling on when analyzing the entire affair.

1) For the most concise and also most recent overview of my own position in audio, this mp3 is available for download (10.4 Mb). It’s a podcast for the Above Top Secret Forum, and was intended to be heard by a knowledgeable and reasonably sophisticated audience:

www.podtrac.com...

The following constitutes a summary of my reasons why the story should be taken seriously, and not dismissed without very careful thought:

2) Some, but not all, of the points below are covered on the website “consistencies�? page: www.serpo.org... . Please do refer to this as a supplement to the items below.

3) The accidental testimony of the AF Col (ret) with 33 years in Intelligence, who read the Serpo account in hard copy, was visibly shocked, and confirmed "Yes, [it's] all real." The full text is on: www.serpo.org... , which I recommend should be read carefully by any commentator. In my view this is very important and although it’s circumstantial evidence, seems to me to carry quite some weight. I have the name of the person who supplied me with the story, a very straight and intelligent man, a serving AF Lt Col who checks out in every respect.

4) A number of insiders and researchers have reported hearing of such an exchange program before. These include such respected individuals as Linda Howe. Paul McGovern and Gene Loscowski (real name Gene Lakes) have gone on record as openly confirming the existence of the project: see Anonymous's website post #1 on www.serpo.org... . In Rick Doty’s forthcoming article in UFO Magazine (publication early February), he records a private conversation a number of years ago about Serpo with an individual whom he names, and he also confirms Anonymous’s data about the Roswell incident. (To my surprise, I don’t think anyone has followed this up – an anomaly in itself considering how well researched Roswell is. If Anonymous’s Roswell claims can be substantiated, this would lend some support to his other claims about Serpo... although the disinformation hypothesis is of course not ruled out by this.)

5) Paul McGovern also clarified what the "DIM" stood for, this being an item on the equipment manifest. Anonymous didn't know. Paul McGovern explained it was the Duty Information Manual. If this was staged (Anonymous saying he didn't know, and Paul McG supplying the answer), it was very clever and quite subtle – more so than the way the rest of the story seems to have been crafted; particularly so in that the issue would have been totally overlooked if I had not drawn attention to it myself. (I'd jumped on the 'DIM' question to draw attention to it and had thought I'd discovered what it meant. Paul McG corrected me with a one-line e-mail to myself and Victor Martinez. All that "smelled" very genuine to me.) This is one of many indications, it must be said, that Paul McGovern is privy to some if not all of the Project Serpo data.

6) Whitley Strieber's tantalizing and brief encounter over ten years ago with a man who (so it seemed) was claiming to have been on the Serpo exchange team.

7) Some of the data provided by Anonymous seems way off-beam (orbital data, etc). But a simple hoaxer would have been sure to get the numbers "right"... very easy to do. Doesn't a hoaxer want to convince? One can find accounts of believable worlds in the science fiction section of any bookstore. They are easy to research, craft and create. Why would Anonymous, if intent on deception, have made himself so vulnerable by immediately presenting a world with some aspects that are actually quite hard to swallow?

8) Anonymous is not operating like a hoaxer or disinformationist. A hoaxer/disinformationist would actually have done a better job for themselves. Many eventually proven UFO hoaxes have taken quite a bit of uncovering (forged documents, etc). This story is too easy to dismiss as a hoax/disinfo... without thought. Yet the factors above indicate that if it is a hoax/disinfo, it would have been much more sophisticated (e.g. if it were choreographed by the DIA themselves). Yet Anonymous's releases are not sophisticated at all. Rather, they are naïve... exactly like an elderly person telling a great story of what they did in their youth.

9) A bit of mental arithmetic can convince us that Anonymous is indeed elderly. Assuming he was involved with the project, directly or peripherally – or is of the same military generation as those who were – he would be at least 70, and possibly in his 80s. Frustratingly for myself personally, there is no indication that Anonymous understands the requirements of effective PR in the 21st century. But if we think of our own grandfather or great-uncle, maybe, why should we expect that generation to possess modern, sophisticated PR savvy? This seems to me to be a factor that a number of commentators have overlooked.

10) The apparent anomalies (and absence of the photos to date) can all be accounted for if we suppose that the context under which Anonymous is operating is not as it may first appear. Anonymous hardly has the 3,000 page report in his living room just sitting there like a Sears calalog. Such a report would be guarded under the tightest security and the conditions of access highly restricted.

We can hypothesise that Anonymous may not even have access to the document at all, and may be relying on his memory, someone else's memory, or someone else supplying him with the information maybe by phone or by tape under conditions over which he himself has no control. It’s worth remembering that it was NOT Anonymous who first mentioned the 3,000 page report... that was Paul McGovern. Anonymous subsequently quietly went along with that. Anonymous has never claimed to have access to the report; that has just been everyone’s assumption.

11) As for the photos: they may again be in a different location... maybe not even in the USA. Suppose Anonymous is receiving his information from a retired person who was involved in Project Serpo, who is (for example) now living in Thailand, Australia or South Africa? Anonymous could receive the voice transcripts by phone – which would explain (a) the intermittent postings, the errors and occasional later corrections, and the absence of hard data – while the photos are in a shoebox under his contact’s bed. This is, of course, just a picture painted to show that we still have no idea what is happening behind the scenes.

12) Paradoxically, there is the factor that Anon having "gone quiet" since 21 December may be precisely because he has indeed met with difficulties engineered by insider agents. He has stated to Victor Martinez that he’s been experiencing significant problems from people “poking their noses in where they don’t belong�?. Why should we disbelieve this? It’s totally credible; even likely. We know that there are different factions within the Intelligence community re disclosure – some, wishing to support, may be looking the other way, but some may be trying to stop Anonymous... or even supplying him with false data, after he started his disclosure. Just about anything could be happening. All the above are not reasons to accept the story... just persuasive reasons not to dismiss it without very careful thought.

13) Of course, it is absolutely possible that this is disinformation... even 10% injected fiction or altered data would account for all the factors in the story to which skeptics draw attention. The point here is that if this story is 90% true (or even 10% true!) it’s still the story of the last millennium. Some cannot believe that 12 American Astronauts could have made a trip to another planet nearly 40 light years away, in 1965... just too much of a leap to believe.

But logically, if the visitors have come here, all that the twelve would be doing is catching the shuttle flight the other way. There’s no illogic there. If the aliens can come here, we can also go there... it’s just as easy. If we can accept the possibility of one, we must accept the possibility of the other. The reasons to reject that particular claim on the grounds of believability are purely emotional. The claims need to be believed (or not) only on the basis of evidence... which, despite all the above, we do not yet have.

14) There are a number of other minor factors which – if the story goes totally quiet (and it’s too early yet to assume that it has died already) – Victor Martinez and I can lay open to public view, so everyone can pick over the tiniest bone. These factors all support the story, but all are circumstantial. For instance, we believe (between us) we know the name of some of the individuals involved at high levels, and also the location of the 3,000 page report. We’ve also received an enigmatic threat described in general terms on the ATS podcast, but which we cannot confirm was real. But even that has its own analysis: if it was real, then it further confirms the story. But if it was staged, then the nature of that deception was highly sophisticated... which Anonymous’s releases have not been.

15) Rider to all the above: We have no source data, apart from Anonymous’s very first message to Victor Martinez on 1 November 2005, which he has archived. All the rest of the messages (from Anonymous and everyone else) have been deleted by Victor’s Web TV system, which erases all messages after 96 hours by default. Victor has explained that he has cut and pasted some of the incoming information for presentational purposes, and that sometimes that information has come from different sources.

Victor has explained that 85% of the information comes from one source, which we have casually referred to “Anonymous�? in all of the above. But there is a second (13%) source, and a third (2%) source who sends information from a military address which cancels itself after sending and cannot be replied to (a standard military technique). So the posts on the website, which are faithfully archived from Victor Martinez’s postings, are not necessarily in Anonymous’s words.

I should emphasise here that Victor’s integrity is the highest and he has always done what he thinks is right and best in presenting this story to the public.

16) My own hypotheses:

a) [Currently favored] As above, Anonymous is getting his information remotely, does not have personal access to the report or the photos, and it is not in his hands when and what kind of information he relays to us. He’s elderly and is doing his best. He does not understand modern PR, is not a scientist, and does not understand the stringent requirements of proof or evidence. He believes the story should stand on its own (because he knows it’s true himself) and is both frustrated at the objections, and at the increasingly level of obstruction, interference and even harassment which he’s been suffering privately. He’s in the twilight years of his life, and he could do without all this. He may pack up and go home if he feels others are ungrateful for his sincere efforts. He himself may wish that he’d never mentioned the photos, because he’d been given to understand at the time that they would be made available to him.

b) [Next most favored] There’s an EXTREMELY clever disinformation campaign going on. It may even have started with a maverick self-starting individual, but insiders may have have acted very quickly to add their own disinformational spin to the story... while other insiders, favoring disclosure, may have been helping him as best they could. Anonymous may not even be knowingly imparting disinformation, and the false data percentage may not be high (but inserted at critical junctures: you don’t have to remove too many components from an engine to make it misfire). The project might even have existed, under a different name. Human astronauts may have indeed visited another planet (see above: why not?).

The reason for this may be to ease the way for the real disclosure later (or soon!)... in which the USG gets to be the hero of the day. If the latter is the case, then I would predict that the photos will indeed be released... but will eventually be shown conclusively to be fakes. Would not a disinformation campaign be sure to include impressive images or fabricated documents? As many have argued, fabricated pictures of another world would be quite easy to create. We see them in every Star Wars movie. So why have they not appeared?

17) Summary:

Paradoxically, this suggests that if we see the photos then they may be fakes... and if they do not appear then Anonymous may be fully genuine! But the problem is that having promised them, to many their non-appearance will be a sure sign of chicanery. This is also theoretically possible, of course. The principal factor to consider here may be to ask oneself that if this were a disinformation campaign, how would it have been choreographed? Presumably great expense, together with hundreds if not thousands of man-days, would have gone into the planning and execution. How good would it be? What would it include? And would not the information offered by Anonymous be more sophisticated and convincing?

With best wishes, Bill

[edit on 17-1-2006 by Bill Ryan]

[admin notice]
There is new and compelling information that this event may be an Internet hoax
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 05-02-2006 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A good rule to live by if you're into the subject of UFOs/ETs is to not pay attention to anonymous or unverifiable sources.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
A good rule to live by if you're into the subject of UFOs/ETs is to not pay attention to anonymous or unverifiable sources.

You'd rather them post with their real name?

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Smells like hoax or leak fishing.

The writing style, grammar, and choice of words do not read like that of someone who would have been an adult at the time these events occurred.

Not to mention, the laughable claim that physics would be different in another solar system really hurts the overall credibility.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've found a few inconsistencies, as well... First, the claim is that the Eben race has no conception of "time" as we do. Then, he claims that the Eben's agreed to a time and date for a meeting. Granted that they would probably be capable of understanding our calendar, I still find that inconsistency disconcerting.

I also think it's strange the whole website seems to exist solely for the purpose of releasing this information. As well, the comments are from "private UFO e-mail list moderated by Victor Martinez" -- is anyone familiar with this?

Initially, this site seems to be a hindrance to true UFO research, but (to be quite honest) it will be fun to see where it goes

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I was just reading it and it sounds like a real interesting story.

posted on Nov, 30 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   

I am a retired employee of the U.S. Government. I won't go into any great details about my past, but I was involved in a special program
enough info for me to understand why he is Anon

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
You'd rather them post with their real name?

Absolutely. This subject is so full of charlatans that it does require a higher standard than anonymous sources.

With the huge effort in keeping this information secret, I sincerely doubt that posting anonymously would save a person who knew the real deal about UFOs/ETs. Anything and everything on the internet can be traced. So I doubt that somebody would risk their lives by posting anonymously rather than giving a name out. Even posting through an unsecure wireless connection with a stolen PDA in a coat pocket wouldn't protect you from satellite image tracking from the original IP address. At some point, forsenic backtracking would get back to you. And I'm sure our governments do just that, or even more, in keeping this information secret.

The issue of compartmentalization makes it that much easier for somebody who had the information in the first place to be traced. Every person who is involved in this subject's cover up is most likely logged in the government's files. What they know is most likely very easy to come back to in the government's secret databases. Then its only a matter of interrogating the few individuals involved with the secret that got released.

Somebody who goes public with what they know with their real name and location immediately gains some degree of protection since outright killing or threatening them or their friends or family then has the possibility of becoming associated with their testimony. An anonymous person has no such protection that results from public visibility. The only thing done to people who come forward visibly is usually just a massive discrediting effort. I'm sure the people who want to come forward with their secret information know this all too well and know that talking anonymously is a death sentence.

That is if the information wasn't fraudulent to begin with. Anonymous sourcing is worthless in all cases.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by heelstone]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Damn if I ever discover lil green men I "ain't" tell you guys nothing! Well unless I update my vocab and stop the poor spelling. lol

skeptics wants to belive as much as the believer admit it

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 1-12-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   
to be anonymous on the net these days. If they wanted to find out who he was they could easily enough. Regards.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   
an excellent read, and I hope they get around to releasing this information to the general public soon.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by articulateka0s
an excellent read, and I hope they get around to releasing this information to the general public soon.

I just finished reading the whole thing, its an awesome set of events if they are true! Great story anyways.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 03:23 AM
link   
It's funny how it's impossible to be anonymous on the internet when your posting about Aliens but if you post about al-Qaeda and call yourself Al-Zaraqawi then your words are taken as fact and you become hidden behind an impenitrable firewall.

If this guy can't post on at various internet cafes from an email address that was created anonymously without being traced, why hasn't the Pentagon found any proof of Al-Qaeda and Al-Zaraqwi when most of their claims are pulled from public forums and websites, let alone private mailing lists.

Again, the Alien thing comes with automatic skepticism when equal issues are taken as gospel because 'they' tell us it's OK to believe in Terrorists - that works well for them because they can profit from Terrorists.

This is that whole 'mass mind control' thing people talk about. We're programed to accept one thing and rule another out.

Interesting how that works. There's a group running this show which are deciding what we believe is reality and the media delivers that reality to us. Imagine if the nightly news went as:

News updates - Sports Updates - Wheather Forcasts - UFO Daily breifing.
We'd think people that believe in religion were nut jobs who have no proof to prove their wild acusations.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Is this to be believed?

A very interesting read at the least.........
It seems we always have people come out the woodwork and tell us these things real or not.

Im waiting for his next posting.......

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I just got done reading it all. If its true thats just awesome but if its not it was a good story anyways and very entertaining. Wonder if there are any pictures of these guys and there home planet? Oh and they said they were playing sports like baseball and football. I wonder when they were playing football if it was full contact
well did it even say there height and weight? wonder if they are bigger or smaller then us or weaker maybe less muscle mass.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by drex4ever]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
The question and answers bit is quite interesting.....

www.serpo.org...

Kal

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I wish I was 1 of them, getting on a flying saucer and fly to another planet, but then they died anyway lol.

I dunno it looks like they have a simple life, it's always nice to learn about other civilizations and learn their culture.

Hope it's all true.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
This issue seems to have been discussed and discredited here:
Space.com

The most amusing statements concern the Eben planet itself; it is said to orbit one of the two stars in the Zeta Reticuli system at a distance of 96.5 million miles, and yet maintain a distance of 91.4 million miles from the other one.
>snip<
Finally, and rather desperately the 'team 'reported that Kepler's laws of orbital motion don't apply in this system; that is remarkable, as they almost certainly apply in every other system in the observable universe.

In short, absolute baloney.

This looks like a ramp-up to another Internet hoax.

Especially since the domain was created on November 18th, and suddenly we have people posting links to it on various websites. Further evidence of a scam/hoax plot. Watch for "higher ups" to suddenly "pull their plug" before the good stuff comes out.

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I want to read it,
Can somebody post a link for me?

I found the link in the first post..sorry
I'm reading it now.

[edit on 1-12-2005 by MagicaRose]

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   

The second site was not discovered until August 1949 by two ranchers. They reported their findings several days later to the sheriff of Catron County, New Mexico. Because of the remote location, it took the sheriff several days to make his way to the crash site. Once at the site, the sheriff took photographs and then drove back to Datil.

umm... wasn't the second site found only a few days after the first?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join