It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

page: 99
<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
Not a recent program to gather intel.

Somewhere way back in this thread, I brought up a hypothesis that I suppose might be #3 in the list if "Project Serpo" is an old counterintelligence obfuscation plan from the cold war era.

Recall:

#1: Anonymous uncovered the old documentation and thought it was real.

#2: Anonymous has a grudge and is hoping this disclosure reveals counterintelligence techniques.

So, #3 also certainly applies:

Current DIA counterintelligence strategies require a massive database from which cross-reference queries yield data that may not normally be apparent. We've all heard about this giant data set in the news stories about the US program for domestic spying.

This could be one more method to add material to this database. Send out some juicy piece of information with tendrils going back to actual counterintelligence documents (meaning some people will recognize echoes of "truth"). Pump the Internet for a while, watch a few sources (like Victor's email list), gather up who is talking to whom on this subject.

The new data goes into the database for a larger overall sample. Remember, in this kind of data work, the size of the sample is far more important than the quality of each individual piece. While my communications may yield nothing, my contact with Springer may provide a cross-reference against other queries that has investigative value.

This would explain the possibility of a new program to systematically release tidbits of these old documents.

## DISCLAIMER ##
This follows the theory that "Project Serpo" might be an old disinformation hoax authored by one ore more intelligence agencies in the mid-1960's.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Excellent point, SO!

With the dramatic increase in data mining technologies/capabilities, what better way to obtain a fresh sampling, for inclusion to the existing data, than to release a few real juicy tidbits. If we were casting votes, then #3 has mine as the most probable scenario.

If one were truly seeking to "get a fresh pulse" per se, simply obtain the absolute largest sample of data possible, knowing you now have the capability to readily sort the wheat from the chafe at will.

Hmmm...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This could be one more method to add material to this database. Send out some juicy piece of information with tendrils going back to actual counterintelligence documents (meaning some people will recognize echoes of "truth"). Pump the Internet for a while, watch a few sources (like Victor's email list), gather up who is talking to whom on this subject.

OK, so one of your theories is that is is an old story used to gather information on how this would spread across the Internet. This was also the same reason that the poster yourworstnightmare was talking about. And I would agree that this would be valuable information, but I don't like this theory because of the fact that if it is true, that means my taxdollars are being spent to do this. It would mean we are paying the government to pull the wool over our eyes, at least for a short time. I don't doubt that this does happen, but I think if the general public were made aware of this, there would be a lot of upset people.

You could be right.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Anonymous where are you?

Some news coming soon!

Watch this space........

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Howdy folks...

Since Anon hasn't been posting as of late, has anyone thought to search for any deaths of any CIA/DIA people?

This may be a coincidence, but W. F. Singleton, retired CIA died Dec. 31, 2005...

Following World War II, he earned a bachelor of arts degree from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., then joined the Central Intelligence Agency's Directorate of Operations.

As a case officer in the CIA's clandestine services, he served his country for another 28 years in a variety of postings, including Germany in the 1950s, England in the 1960s, and Vietnam during the 1970s.

Just a thought...

Hope it isn't him...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000
It would mean we are paying the government to pull the wool over our eyes, at least for a short time. I don't doubt that this does happen, but I think if the general public were made aware of this, there would be a lot of upset people.

You could be right.

[emphasis mine]

Absolutely, however, I often have to wonder what the general public truly wishes to know, accept, or learn.

Through my work I come into contact with a rather diverse cross-section of people (no not sales) and, while their beliefs/thoughts/standpoints vary greatly, many share a common trait of being either ignorant, of actual happenings and events in recent/past times, or simply have more on their minds to truly care?! I'm not talking as much about the latest breaking news story, there have even been a few who were unaware that we, the US, have not been on a gold standard for years! This isn't Boondocks, USA either. I find that the general public, as a whole, have little or no true conception of the web that has been, and is being, weaved around them everyday. Up in the morning, go to work, pick up the kids, back home, dinner, ?o'clock news, g'night! (repeat)

I'm not trying to paint a bleak portrait of American society, though it seems to me that too many are all to happy, as long as they are safely tucked away in their cocoons, seemingly unaware of the potential hazards that such a mindset presents, unwilling to open their eyes, spread their intellectual wings, and make use of the tools placed before them.

Just my $.02, for now

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
worth my WATS vote.

funny stuff

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
First... I did not steal that woman's dentures. She took them out on her own... if you know what I mean

And second, the pictures of Springer and Skeptic Overlord are reversed.

Calls to Bill Ryan's office, publicist, hairstylist, auto mechanic, manicurist, and parole officer have not been immediately returned.

(if things get slow on the Serpo thread, I'm guessing that the next scandal involving Bill will be based around a fictitious report of Bill voluntarily having had himself incarcerated in an all-women's prison in Peru.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Centrist]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist
First... I did not steal that woman's dentures. She took them out on her own... if you know what I mean

[edit on 23-1-2006 by Centrist]
Oh thanks for putting that thought in my head

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
skeptic is, apparently, showing a bit of nipple

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   

10,000 ATS Points to iamian

Springer...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
OK, and how does all this add to the topic?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

10,000 ATS Points to iamian

Springer...

hey thanks!

Thank you very much indeed

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

*passes* intrepid a strawberry ice-cream cup. *sits back down*

man, those are good times.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Trust me... The way this topic is going we are being MILD... It's a JOKE out on the web thanks to the HORRID lack of ethics in certain "Ufologist" circles.

Springer...

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Xactly!

... and now back to the topic at hand ...

Project Serpo: Postings by "Anonymous" -- Breaking news?

Thanx Intrepid!

edit to add-

Aside from actual, hoax, or otherwise ...

Originally by Springer:
Trust me... The way this topic is going we are being MILD... It's a JOKE out on the web thanks to the HORRID lack of ethics in certain "Ufologist" circles.

? All the more reason for ATS to follow suit ?

No offense, Springer! Honestly.

Question:
From an "outside-looking-in" point of view (world view), are we to assume that the ATS discussion/content of said subject is destined to assume the same status quo stature while professing to "Deny Ignorance"?

Just curious! ... and not meaning to get "heavy/deep" on this.
Thanx!

[edit on 1/23/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer

Springer...

Cool, note that we posted in the same minute, didn't see your post.

On a side note, I prefer Maple Wallnut.

Canucks, whatcha going to do?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

## DISCLAIMER ##
This follows the theory that "Project Serpo" might be an old disinformation hoax authored by one ore more intelligence agencies in the mid-1960's.

You have it right on the head IMO SkepticOverloard, it is drawing the dots of whos who and from where to where the information gets connected. Which means there is an active leak out there and they want to know how its getting places. But like I said the actual "words" are just fluff.

Richard Doty
Robert Colliona (Robert Collins Cpt.)

Kit Green
Christopher "Kit" Green, M.D., Ph.D., General Motors officer,
former top UFO official at CIA, head of Bigelow's NIDS
Institute's Scientific Advisory Board

(I can not vouch for the accuracy of Kit's official career position)

& “ Anon” 50% guess is its Bill Moore

Are your four story writers who are pushing the “fluff”

[edit on 23-1-2006 by robertfenix]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I found the following information after member Promomag posted a number of Google Groups links on this thread entitled "Linda Howe and Bruce Maccabee interview UFO Whistleblower."

I've emphasised what I think are the relevant points from the very long document in the following quotes.

BTW, this document was posted on Usenet in October 1991.

Part 1

Part 2

SNIP
The first UFO crash, involving bodies of small, gray-skinned humanoids, occurred near Corona, New Mexico, in 1947 (the "Roswell incident"). Two years later a humanoid was found alive and it was housed at Los Alamos until its death in the early 1950s. It was called EBE, after "extraterrestrial biological entity," and it was the first of three the U.S. government would have in its custody between then and now. An Air Force captain, now a retired colonel, was EBE-1's constant companion. At first communication with it was almost impossible; then a speech device which enabled the being to speak a sort of English was implanted in its throat. It turned out that EBE-1, the equivalent of a mechanic on a spaceship, related what it knew of the nature and purpose of the visitation.

SNIP
Nine extraterrestrial races are visiting the earth. One of these races, little gray-skinned people from the third planet surrounding Zeta Reticuli, have been here for 25,000 years and influenced the direction of human evolution.

SNIP
Military and scientific personnel at the base knew a landing was coming, but "someone blew the time and coordinates" and an "advance military scout ship" had come down at the wrong time and place, to be observed by Zamora. When three UFOs appeared at Holloman at six o'clock the following morning, one landed while the other two hovered overhead.During the meeting between the UFO beings and a government party, the preserved bodies of dead aliens had been given to the aliens, who in turn had returned something unspecified.

SNIP
The July 1947 Roswell crash was mentioned; so, however, was another one at Roswell in 1949. Investigators at the site found five bodies and one living alien, who was taken to a safe house at the Los Alamos National Laboratory north of Albuquerque. The aliens, small gray-skinned humanoids, were known as
"extraterrestrial biological entities" and the living one was called "EBE" (ee-buh). EBE was befriended (if that was the word) by an Air Force officer, but the being died of unknown causes on June 18, 1952. (EBE's friend, by 1964 a colonel, was among those who were there to greet the aliens who landed at Holloman.) Subsequently, it would be referred to as EBE-1, since in later years another such being, EBE-2, would take up residence in a safe house.

SNIP
One paragraph stated briefly, "Two thousand years ago extraterrestrials created a being" who was placed here to teach peace and love. Elsewhere a passing mention was made of another group of EBEs, called the "Talls."

SNIP
Moore says he is still working with the "birds," who are as active as ever. The birds tell him, he says, that disinformation is used not only against ufologists but even against those insiders like themselves who are privy to the cover-up. Those in charge are "going to great lengths to mislead their own people."

Interesting, no?

new topics

top topics

<< 96  97  98    100  101  102 >>

join