It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reptilians

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Many cultures believe that an ancient civilization of highly intelligent reptiles flourished here on earth before man. Its not to hard to imagine that some intelligence would be cultivated over the millions of years that the dinos ruled the planet. WHo knows perhaps ancient lizard cities actually exist under the ocean or ground.
WHen man came the lizard deceived Eve and God said that you will go onto your belly, which means that the snake was standing upright. Here are some other examples from different ancient sources.

In his book *The Dragons of Eden*, the esteemed astronomer Dr. Carl Sagan speculates on the reptilian origins of humans and on the mysterious leap in brain evolution that can be found in the fossil record. He notes that if people had evolved naturally from reptiles, as Darwinists claim, it should have taken 200 million years for mammals to first evolve, and then another five to 10 million years for humans to evolve. But he notes with extreme puzzlement that the fossil record simply does not bear out this conclusion. In fact, the evolvement of mammals, and particularly humans, was accomplished very quickly, "in a major burst of brain evolution." The evidence for this is clear in the fact that stone tools do not appear gradually, but rather "they appear in enormous abundance all at once." In frustration Sagan concludes that "there is no way to explain this unless *Australopithecines* had educational institutions," to teach toolmaking. Of course there is another explanation, but not one any mainstream scientist would dare consider. That alternative is to admit that God or godlike beings had a hand in accelerating the evolutionary process.

ufoarea.bravepages.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hmm.....I fail to see why these "Lizardmen" would have died out......I am sceptical of any theory like this that has no substantial proof, although I would be willing to admit my mistake If I was proven wrong. Lizards may have been more intelligent years ago, but I fail to see any normal circumstance that would force them to evolve onto their bellies.......

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Why do I hear the "Land of the Lost" theme song in my head right now???

Simple fact is, if they did exist, by now, one of them would eventually go "look at me! look at me!" and try to make some dough, etc....
So, no, I don't think so....

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A few facts to consider:

Although reptiles did indeed rule the world for the better part of 60 million years, even the highest developed form was a far cry from anything that we would recognize as a self aware sentient intelligence.

Keep in mind that the brain/body ratio of all the dinosaurs was so disparate as to be equivalent to the intelligence of a common rodent. The most advanced of the reptilian species came with the Velociraptor offshoots at the end of the Cretacious. The Velociraptors in the end developed a brain/body ratio equivalent to the modern dog in terms of intelligence. (This is not surprising as the Velociraptors were the first to develop organized pack hunting skills)

Keep in mind that it took about 60 million years for reptiles to advance to this elevated level (and I dont think any self respecting paleontologist would begin to group this level of intelligence anywhere near australopithecine intelligence). But, all this development came to a screaming halt 65 million years ago with the arrival of the Chixulub asteroid offshore of the Yucatan Peninsula.

Now compare this pinacle of reptilian advancement to the most far flung of human ancestors, the chimpanzee, who still posses at least 2.5-3x the brain/body ratio that the most advanced Velociraptor had. Even the rate of development was far more accelerated than with the reptilians (which took 60+million years to reach the Velociraptor, but it took Australopithicine approx 3-5 million years to reach Homo Sapiens Sapiens)

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Remember the Reptilians are known to hate humans. So they will not be willing to show reveal themselves so easily. Also if they were alive today they would be living deep underground. If they were to expose their wereabouts then they would be invaded by the surface dwellers.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Excellent thread man!
nice to see I have a mate here.
all I got to say disbelievers is you better be right caus if the roids are out there and you ain't ready for them then you is SOL!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Excellent thread man!
nice to see I have a mate here.
all I got to say disbelievers is you better be right caus if the roids are out there and you ain't ready for them then you is SOL!

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes the reptilians live deep within the earth and apparently claim it as their birthright. I will withold my belief in them until I have seen one with my own eyes however.

FLYING REPTOID

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Yuck, reptillian underground society. I think that if they ever did exist, the chances of surviving underground for eons are slim at best. On the other hand if they did survive, I hope they don't mind my taste for frogs legs.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In the event that some Velociraptor spin offs did migrate into a giant underground cavern to survive the Chixulub impact, and continued to survive in that way, evolving, I would be very interested to find what kind of ecosystem could sustain them, completely cut off from the surface, for the past 65 million years?

In any event, even IF "reptoids" did survive, and seemed to consider humans the enemy....

Nothing that an appropriate application of a high powered rifle couldnt fix.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
lizardmen do exist cant see y they cant. hopefully one day they will rise to the surface and show us what for.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   

In any event, even IF "reptoids" did survive, and seemed to consider humans the enemy....

I wonder if they would taste like frogs legs?

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurkinginthecorner

I wonder if they would taste like frogs legs?

THE QUESTION HERE IS DO WE TASTE LIKE FROGS LEGS??

posted on Feb, 14 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
*claps* Well said my friend!!! Good for you for believing in reptilians, because they do exist, i have seen them...and it's not a very pleasant experience let me tell you. I can't turn the light off in my room anymore when I go to sleep

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join