It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billy Meier called the New Nostradamus!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I know there are LOTS of threads about Billy Meier. This thread is not intended to discuss the merits of his claims, predictions, or writings. What this thread about is this story being reported on the major Washington D.C. news radio station.

Why is this of interest? Simple... WTOP news is the station that is offering the predictions of Billy Meier as "food for thought" to their listeners. WTOP is not some small-market, off-beat radio station. It's the most popular radio station in Washington, D.C. and has an all news format. It's a very serious station that's relied upon by most of the local population (of a few million people) for news, weather, and traffic reports... and during the extremely long commutes that many of us who live in the area endure, we've recently been treated to a discussion of Billy Meier! Imagine my shock!

Ok... here's the question... WHY? What has caused a major radio station that broadcasts to a population that includes the U.S. Senate, Congress, and some of the most affluent and influential people in the U.S. to, rather suddenly, start broadcasting Billy Meier's predictions and the fact that he got his information from alien beings?

Again.. here's the link. The news station does portray the links to Meiers very appropriately, but the fact that it's made it to what amounts to near-national headlines is mind boggling.

For those interested, WTOP is a news-radio station owned by the Bonneville Corporation. That same corporation also owns the Washington, D.C. ABC-TV affiliate, as well as other major radio and television stations around the country.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Centrist]

[edit on 16-11-2005 by Centrist]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One other thing... in the aired version of the article, they say that Billy has survived "21 document assassination attempts" and that he predicted the destruction of the World Trade Center in 1986... I can anyone shed light on either of these statements? I found one post on the board that quotes his alleged prediction, but haven't seen any authentication of the publication of the statement in 1986 or any of the assassination attempts.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What a load of schpleigenheizen! Watch the videos on and they still fly or whatever it is. the ufo clearly looks to be on a string becuase look how it moves, it swings back and forth and in circles, and whe it swings away from and toward the camera, it turns up so you can see the bottom. fake. his prophesies...i dunno, so he predicted more planets outside of pluto, my dog could do that. and i didnt have time to read the rest. my thought, fake.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Billy Meiers is more like the New Adamski. A fraud and conman.

Why do they have all this info on a major radio station? Because radio stations often will bring up offbeat or controversial stuff, if enough people have an interest.

Look at Prophet Yahweh. he had all sorts of mainstream media coverage. Just because a mainstream media outlet will give airtime to odd or off the wall stuff does not mean its an endorsement for such things. It simply means some people for whatever reason are interested.

I dont believe Meiers prophecized anything. Im yet to see a prediction that was made and tauted BEFORE the event. Prophecy is worthless if it does not warn you to prevent some sort of activity.

But just like Nostradamus was discussed alot after 9/11, perhaps someone for some reason feels something has happened to discuss meiers.

Doesnt mean anything.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Again, I'm not interested in testing the validity of Meier's predictions. I'm well-convinced that, in the absence of further evidence, his predictions were based on news reports of the times when they were made and his alleged alien encounters are fictious.

What's got me wondering is why a prominent news radio station would decide to give air time to this whack-job? Anyone who's ever been in the media business knows that you are very careful about giving press to "fringe" groups, fanatics, or people that will piss off your advertisers and/or listeners/viewers/readers.

WTOP is one such station. They tend to be an excellent, unbiased news source because they have ties to ABC, CBS, USA Today, and many local business (i.e., they try to keep everything on the "Straight and Narrow" to avoid stepping on toes). As well, they tend to avoid portraying stories in a manner that would embarrass either political party -- they report these stories, but they don't try and "slant" them the way the editors of the network news do to promote their own polical agenda (like Dan Rather and the president or Peter Jennings and UFO's).

WTOP is steady and reliable. It's a great news station for people who like to get the actual news and not the "spin".

So why does this station, through a very good and credible reporter, decide to give time to Billy Meier?

Here's a few thoughts....

1 -- any discussion of UFO's would be problematic. The stories generally lead toward government consipracy, but WTOP doesn't want to irritate the government officials they rely on for actual news.... so no UFO stories about Area 51, Roswell, etc. at least until there's hard evidence.

2 -- Billy Meier is some foreign whack-job with claims that appear intriguing on the surface. Discussing him won't annoy anybody the station needs for actual news. Also, people get interested in hearing about his predictions and reading his site.

3 -- the news editors at WTOP tend to be "in the know". These are VERY well connected and responsible news people. They don't sit on stories, but they don't report them before they're "ripe". They do, at times, start talking up stories in advance, knowing that there's something bigger coming down the road.

4 -- Does the news editor at WTOP know something?

5 -- Did someone suggest that this topic will become "hot" soon?

6 -- Are they giving air-time to a whacko as a preemptive way of reminding the public that UFO's are for whackos and not to be believed? Perhaps in advance of something?

7 -- Oddly, they were also warning people last night that NORAD was going to be conducting tests overnight (last night) to see how well they could shoot down an aircraft infringing on restricted airspace. The tests, they said, may be accompanied by some strange noises and odd lights in the sky.

WHAT?!?!

Ok... lets take another look at number 7 and put our thinking caps on...

A few more facts...

I was unable to locate ANY news items on the supposed NORAD test last night.

UFO's are not new to the area... here's a little-discussed sighting from about 3 years ago over D.C.

Was the whole Billy Meier thing on the radio a coincidence? Maybe.

Maybe not.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
yeah, i am not buying into this at all

agent 357

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If you take time to read all the info and facts presented by the reporter you can see where he is going with this. He feels convinced something strange is in fact going on. It has to be up to each of us to decide what if anything. I do appreciate the find Centrist. Enjoyed the read. Each of you should take time to at least check it out before you totally say hoax. I am going to keep an open mind till I hear more. Harry

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Billy Meier is a disgrace to the alien/ufo community. Just image google his name and you can look at all his OBVIOUSLY fake pictures of spaceships. What a joke this guy is...

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I would like to make a general reply to the questions raised here since the interview on WTOP was with me. First, the reason that the interview was conducted was that Meier predicted the unrest, arson and riots in France (and the fact that it would be the inhabitants of a diffferent religion, "specifically Islam") on two occasions. The first was in 1981, and the second in 1987. I first read the 1981 prediction in 1986 and the ones from 1987 (which also contained the forewarning re the WTC) in 2002. Perhaps more importantly, since you don't need to take my word for it, I reported on it on my DVD, which was released in 2004, more than a 1 1/2 years BEFORE the events occurred. Of course, there are numerous other items on the DVD, or updated at www.theyfly.com for free, that easily confirm both the accuracy and authenticity of the predicitions, as well as the case and Meier's claims of ongoing extraterrestrial contact.

The REAL "mind-boggling" story here is how and why the Meier case has been supressed by the media (and government) for decades and why people who offer their quick dismissals and cheap opinions are so woefully uninformed of the very well-documented facts in this case.

Having spent more than 26 years researching the case, and doing so because I had 2,000 pages of Meier information in 1986 with specific items foretold (including the French riots) that didn't begin to occur or be discovered until 1988, I now KNOW that the case is true and authentic...but I can't say that all the information is true simply because much of it refers to events in the very distant past or future events that haven't occurred yet and/or may not occur. But so far what I've been able to test through internet searches, etc. (which weren't available to rural-dwelling Meier in the 1950s on up) has checked out impeccably.

I would be willing to again address this issue here if there is interest in it but only with people who will trouble themselves to do their homework...like David Burd of WTOP did and others are now doing. There is a fair amount of info freely available at www.theyfly.com. And if anyone really wants to view the Marcel Vogel metal alloy analysis or hear some of the other scientists who examined Meier's evidence speak about it we have videos, books, CDs, DVD, etc.

A couple of other things, the top professional skeptics tried and failed to duplicate any of Meier's photographic evidence...so will you if you wish to try. And you won't be able to duplicate the sound recordings either (free download at my site) or the video or the new seven-fingered handprints.

Next, regarding the "thing on a string" comment, ignorant as it was of the facts:

A Preliminary Investigation Report

Copyrights 1982, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1978 Wendelle C. Stevens

"For analysis of the moving picture sequences of the Pleiadian spacecraft filmed in color in super 8mm format by Eduard Meier we turned to Mr. Jun-Ichi Yaoi of Tokyo, Japan, a world recognized expert in the film and television industry, now working as an officer in Nippon Television Corporation.

In the 18 March sequence Meier filmed the spacecraft circling a large tree in front of a farmhouse. The sky was overcast with a low ceiling, and occasionally light snowflakes fell. The motion of the spacecraft looks suspiciously like it is tethered from above as it appears to circle the tree and then to swing back and forth over the tree, except that on three occasions the spacecraft changes its motion abruptly with no change in the tilt of the vertical axis of the ship. If it was in fact tethered, one would expect the vertical axis to tilt as the tether point above was moved. In another measurement it was found that the tilt angle of the vertical axis in one oscillation sequence was sufficient that the axis crossed within the frame and would have put the tether point within the picture. No tether point source was revealed, in one of the final oscillation sequences the object appeared to pass directly over the top of the tree, and it is clearly seen that the tree was swept over in the direction of the spacecraft, or appeared to follow the spacecraft as it passed. Clearly no model could have produced this effect. When we revisited the scene we found that the tree had died and was cut down."

I will be interested to see if there is serious and intelligent interest in the case on this forum and, if so, you'll get as much respectful response form me as time permits.

Best,

Michael Horn
Authorized American Media Representative
The Billy Meier Contacts
www.theyfly.com

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I will be interested to see if there is serious and intelligent interest in the case on this forum and, if so, you'll get as much respectful response form me as time permits.

Mr. Horn,

Thank you for taking the time to drop-in and discuss this with us. You'll find that the indigenous lifeforms are both intelligent and serious. Please don't confuse that with being blindly accepting when it comes to claims that are made without evidence or evidence that is suspicious in character. A great asset that this forum provides is the ability to sort through things in a fair and reasonable manner. For the promoters of many conspiracy theories, however, this also means that their claims are subject to the harsh light of day and are often dismissed when the maker of the claim is unable to provide credible evidence

I invite and encourage you to engage in debate over Mr. Meier's claims with the many participants of this forum. If you could arrange for Mr. Meier to participate in the discussion, I'm sure the administrators of this site would gladly make accomodations to ensure a respectful and meaningful discourse.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Hi Centrist and thanks for the welcome. Meier doesn't engage in online or other correspondence at this time for many valid reasons having to do with his work, his time demands, his lack of fluency in writing in English, etc. He has designated me as his representative to do such things and I'll do the best I can.

Actually, most of the questions that will arise will already have been answered and documented somewhere, quite a bit on my website, in previously published books and documents, etc. And I wouldn't advise or expect anyone to accept , let alone "believe", any claims without finding out if they're true or not.

I have recommended that people really do the bit of reading of Articles and Newsletters at www.theyfly.com (all free, of course) in order to formulate good questions and challenges and to be familiar enough when I refer to certain information. I also think that one can't simply become well-informed on the case and its content in a relative few minutes as there is a body of work in evidence spanning 55 years.

So do know that I will, as I mentioned, engage as time permits. Ultimately, anyone interested in this case will be able to make an informed opinion if we focus on the facts, criteria for proof, etc. and focus on that type of approach.

posted on Dec, 7 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Billy Meiers is more like the New Adamski. A fraud and conman.

Why do they have all this info on a major radio station? Because radio stations often will bring up offbeat or controversial stuff, if enough people have an interest.

Look at Prophet Yahweh. he had all sorts of mainstream media coverage. Just because a mainstream media outlet will give airtime to odd or off the wall stuff does not mean its an endorsement for such things. It simply means some people for whatever reason are interested.

I dont believe Meiers prophecized anything. Im yet to see a prediction that was made and tauted BEFORE the event. Prophecy is worthless if it does not warn you to prevent some sort of activity.

But just like Nostradamus was discussed alot after 9/11, perhaps someone for some reason feels something has happened to discuss meiers.

Doesnt mean anything.

We seem to get alot of news about those pricks. Why can't they just become comedians instead of wasting people's time and money?

They can be like: "Hey, bad stuff will happen! Pay me like I'm a Backstreet Boy, when I have no proof of anything."
(Audience Applauses)

If they were comedians: "Hey people, I was working at a factory or a minimum job last week. This gentle man, says make sure you bag that right in paper. I wanted to say "what? Like I'm TOO Dumb to over bag the groceries like everyone else?"
(Audience Laughs and applauses)

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   
After reading a lot of what this guy has to say I'd say he's full of it and is a conman and etc as others have said. Im also reading thsi other post someone put about him and the disgrace of Bush I and II, and I dont wana start a political debate but I also think that GBII isnt that great a president obviously, but I dont think that he caused 9/11 or is gonna cause a huge disaster in this country (unless he motivates more terrorists or somethin with the war in Iraq). Back to the topic, I think Billy Meier is a fraud and wants to gain attention and all. Besides, with the technology of today, it is possible to make perfect pictures overlaying other stuff and all (such as UFO's!) where the lines are virtually invisible. So yeah in my own opinion, this guy is full of it. If I offend anybody, feel free to criticize, thats what the point of the board is, to discuss afterall.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
While I appreciate the spirit in which Centrist expressed confidence in the reasonableness of those on this forum who would discuss the Meier case, it's quite depressing to see that those who've offered their "opinions" in the last couple of posts are clearly uninformed and lacking in thinking ability.

What can be said about someone who even wants to post unsubstantiated and completely erroneous nonsense calling a person that they've never met (and know NOTHING about) a "conman", "fraud" who wants to "gain attention"? And then the same uninformed person sticks his foot in his mouth regarding the faking of UFO photos with the "technology of today" - when Meier took his still irreproducible photographic (and other) evidence beginning in 1964 - decades before such technology even existed!

When lazy and stupid come together, I guess you get internet UFO forums. I've been through this already with the "best" of the skeptics, including James Randi, and I kicked their butts. But I didn't come here to kick anyone's butt, just to try to shed a little light into dark places since a couple of people noticed that WTOP was courageous enough to bring the Meier story to its listeners.

You've all been invited to investigate the case with information freely available to you...but I guess it's still too much of an investment for those who prefer to dwell in iignorance.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Mr Horn ... give your head a shake. You are a conman and fraud by way of peddling your videos about a PROVEN fraud Billy Meier.

Billy Meier claimed to have gone back in time and supposedly brought back pictures that HE took himself of dinosaurs during his trip .... then someone found out that his so called 'pictures' were in fact photoshopped paintings.

So why even bother trying to defend a proven FRAUD ??? Oh ya I forgot you want to make some cash peddling contraband about a proven fraud.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
my 2 pennies-
I have seen nothing that would cause me to believe any of this.
Now i'm not denying ET just saying that until one comes and takes me to their leader I have doubts. Wait...I have had some unusual experiences, but I cant say they involved ETs.
But i have to agree about the financial aspect. This subject needs serious investigation not some half hearted attempt that only draws a few people to a convention where they spend their money buying the trinkets of false trumpeters. In other words if people would stop spending their money supporting these fiction writers then maybe we could get to the meat of the thing.
Ok I'm ready for the pie.

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Ah, charges of fraud and financial profiteering again from some lunkheads who, naturally, haven't troubled themselves to do ANY homework on the case, the veidence, the proof, the 120+ witnesses, the other 5 photograpehrs, the scientfic experts, the analysis, Meier or me.

Okay, for what it's worth, I represent the case VOLUNTARILY, as in for free, gratis, at no charge, etc. I produced my DVD, do my research including traveling to meet and interview the prinipals in the case, etc. on my own dime - and I average about 6-10 hours per day doing it. But since this is a country that worships money, and is filled with pea-brains who accuse everyone else of the same low-life values for which we're becoming world famous...what should one expect?

So while you "have to agree about the financial aspect" "fraud" and all the rest, why don't you lazy, armchair experts trouble your poor overworked minds to actually PROVE your claims? Wait! Don't answer, I've heard it all before..and it's simply endless excuses or deafening silence.

So enjoy your small-minded little club but do know that it's the run of the mill, narrow minded, lazy types such as yourselves who demonstrate exactly why we will not only NOT have any contact with more advanced and intelligent races but why we'll allow absolutely moronic "leaders" to incinerate the planet...the one thing that the beings involved in this case had hoped to help prevent.

Unfortunately, as is demonstrated here, we're too damn stupid and arrogant to be worth the bother.

Ram

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8Michael12
In the 18 March sequence Meier filmed the spacecraft circling a large tree in front of a farmhouse. The sky was overcast with a low ceiling, and occasionally light snowflakes fell. The motion of the spacecraft looks suspiciously like it is tethered from above as it appears to circle the tree and then to swing back and forth over the tree, except that on three occasions the spacecraft changes its motion abruptly with no change in the tilt of the vertical axis of the ship. If it was in fact tethered, one would expect the vertical axis to tilt as the tether point above was moved. In another measurement it was found that the tilt angle of the vertical axis in one oscillation sequence was sufficient that the axis crossed within the frame and would have put the tether point within the picture. No tether point source was revealed, in one of the final oscillation sequences the object appeared to pass directly over the top of the tree, and it is clearly seen that the tree was swept over in the direction of the spacecraft, or appeared to follow the spacecraft as it passed. Clearly no model could have produced this effect. When we revisited the scene we found that the tree had died and was cut down."

When i saw that movie clip with the tree...About 2 years ago - i saw it....And asked in the billy meier forum.. I got no reply.
And now you have seen it too...good.

Some things seems to work slow...for people..

The thing i never ever understood about the meier...Is the models of spacecraft's...
This is a long story....
I later read that meier used to build craft for he's son... On a birthday.. Wich made sense...
What i came up with in the meier story...is that something went wrong...!!!

Cause i see the first images... looks very real... But in the later photos.. It just cracked.... I saw models of ships... And a photo with toy cars in it...

The story was long... And i think it might have been true once...in the begining..But later it just got out of hand...

that is so crazy. And i still believe people can go crazy on the UFO topic...I really do..

There is someting wrong in the meier case... And it's dangerous.

The tree top ufo - seems real...But all the rest are out of bounce...
hehe and that is why i don't join any conversations around the Meiers - cause noone can tell me why. So i dont care.
really.. LOL*

posted on Dec, 8 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Wait Mike I think you got me all wrong. I look forward to more investigation. I'm one of Stanton Friedmans biggest fans. Send me your DVD and I'll be happy to see what you got. I've been reading and reviewing all the information I could get my hands on since the 60s concerning this phenomena. Stanton appears to my mind to be the most credible person out there. I have an open mind and would be happy to see any info you can provide me.
The point i was gettin to was that too many people think that just cause they go buy so an so's book or whatever they know whats goin on.
Oh wait how much does the DVD cost?

posted on Dec, 9 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
You don't have to spend one cent to find out if the case is real. Just resd EVERYTHING at my site for FREE. Then, if you want PROOF POSITIVE you can get the DVD, which contains information published by Meier (and relelased by me on the DVD) of events that happened AFTER the DVD (and the pubblished info) was released. It's that simple. By the way, that would constitute legal proof...and it does.

As for questions re the models, models were made for the investigative team by a special effects studio in Hollywood to test the authenticity of Meier's photos (computer analysis). In EVERY case Meier's came out authentic, the models didn't.

Homework people, homework.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join