It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was The War In Iraq Planned Before 9/11 Even Happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Someone sent me to this interesting site today. I haven't read the whole thing yet - it's 90 pages .. but I thought there might be some people interested in seeing in it.

It's a report written in September 2000 titled 'Rebuilding America's Defenses'. It apparently discusses getting control of the middle east. So from what it appears, it doesn't matter who was in power in Iraq, the war was going to happen no matter what.

www.newamericancentury.org...

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by MessedUpAnnie]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That exact conflict was likely not planned well ahead, but as you point out the idea of going into the region was. What is interesting about the middle east besides it's relationship with Israel and its oil is that it is next to Africa the most isolated area of the world in many ways.

True there are areas of great wealth and modern technology abounds in many places but in a lot of ways it is annother world. Whereas many other regions in the world are more eager to modernize their economies or their social systems, the middle east is dogmatically reticent to to adapt.

I'm guessing that in the end this is the reason for the point of view that is expressed in the article that you have linked to in the minds of the power brokers.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
MessedUpAnnie

PNAC planned the war in Iraq in the mid-to-late 1990's.

It's all there for everyone to see on their website, www.newamericancentury.org, to this day.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Indeed, Iraq began making a good deal of noise regarding the replacement of the dollar by the euro for OPEC in the mid 90s.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

umm..... Fu**ing DUH!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Yes, it was, but I don't see how that's a conspiracy.

If anything, it would seem to emphasize Bush's position that Hussein had to be removed for long-standing reasons.

In fact, many of the people who now serve in the Bush administration wrote various position papers in the late 90s that argued that such actions would inevitably have to happen.... and these papers were quite public and thoroughly discussed in the press and academia.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

umm..... Fu**ing DUH!!!

DUH!!! The title was for the skeptics

and OIMD .. I don't think it would have mattered who was in power in Iraq.

And just for the record, I posted this thread as an informative thing, so people could read that report.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i am pretty sure that bush mentioned that he was "going to take care of hussein" in one of the 2000 presidential debates.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
MessedUpAnnie

PNAC planned the war in Iraq in the mid-to-late 1990's.

It's all there for everyone to see on their website, www.newamericancentury.org, to this day.

LMAO! All that and I forgot to put the link which was the whole darn purpose! I see you already knew where it was ... smartypants!

new topics

top topics

join