It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astral Projection (OBE) Summed Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I have not posted on here for a very long time, due to work etc. But I have been studying and practising AP (Astral Projection) for many years. I have learnt tons and tons of stuff myself over the years and from the help of AP Masters.

I have noticed that a lot of you on this forum are interested in AP, many can do it, many can't, some don't even know what it is. Well if this is the case, then why not ask me some questions. I will be here most of the time from now on and I am extremely knowledgeable about Voyaging into the Unknown as I like to call it.

So to help you out, maybe you want to:

1. Achive AP
  2. Learn more about AP
  3. Know what your dealing with
  4. Methods on AP
  5. And many more

So ask me anything you want I am here to help, with years of experience, you can't go wrong.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OK....I'll start off. What's your preferred method to achieve AP?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Do you know if it's possible to have an OBE without trying to achieve it? From what I've read about the feelings and experiences of OBE, I have had many, without willing them, while in a half-asleep state. Once I learned more about it, I was able to have an OBE at will, but more often than not, it didn't work when I wanted it too.

My main question revolves around the comparison of lucid dreaming and OBE. How do you know if you're lucid dreaming or having a real OBE? Are they related? When I have an "OBE" as described by others, I can't help but think that maybe I was just having a lucid dream. I've tried many tests, such as an unknown card face up on the fridge, or the page of an open book, but none have worked to make me believe that I was actually out of my body.

It is a very fascinating and fun experience though!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne
My main question revolves around the comparison of lucid dreaming and OBE. How do you know if you're lucid dreaming or having a real OBE? Are they related?

The only difference between a lucid dream and OBE is the amount of subconscious elements projected into the dimension.

Dreams are the projections of our subjective elements (fantasies, daydreams etc...) into the astral dimension. Since the astral dimension is subconsciouslly affected by thought, any thought you have will affect its matter, or better yet, how you perceive it.

A lucid dream is having the ability to consciously affect your dream, while still in the "fantasy." An OBE however is the ability to consciously interact with the astral, with a lower amount of subsconscious elements present.

Unless we are extremely experienced, our OBE's will always contain certain dream elements, but for the most part we will experience the dimension objectively. To see whether you are having a lucid dream or not, requires you to still your mind, and become aware. Doing this will quickly turn a lucid dream into an OBE, or if you are having an OBE it will remain the same. Either way, you win.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacMerdin
OK....I'll start off. What's your preferred method to achieve AP?

There are tons of methods out there that many can use. But there is always one for each person that stands out the most and thats the one they use.

For me, the Wake Back To Bed Method (WBTB) is one of the most easiest and more common of the methods out there.

What you have to do to achive this is:

1. Go to bed as per usual, as your normal time
  2. Before you go to bed, maybe have a light snack, fruits are the best
  3. Say you normally wake at 9am, set your alarm for 5am
  4. Wake up as your alarm goes off, and go and do something, maybe have a snack, go to the toilet, something to pass away 10-15 minutes
  5. Go back to bed and go to sleep as usual.
  6. But before you go back to sleep, have it on your mind that you will AP tonight/this morning.
  7. Repeat this to yourself as you fall asleep

That is basically all you have to do, it is simple as that. It's one of the best methods around there, and best of all, the easiest. Try it out.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Do you know if it's possible to have an OBE without trying to achieve it?

Yes, this is what happens in MOST cases. My very first OBE was unintentional. For months I did not even know it was an OBE, until i started studying it. In a lot of cases, people who try to OBE are mainly the people who don't have them. This is because you have key factors, these are things like, fears, doubts etc.

My main question revolves around the comparison of lucid dreaming and OBE.

This is a very common question but can be easily answered. First off, Lucid dreaming is where you wake within a dream, and find yourself in the astral realm that way, or still in your dream, but can obtain an OBE easily from this state. Now AP is where your mind is awake, but your body is asleep, so your doing it through will or through your mind, you don't have to be asleep. They are very similar in that way.

How do you know if you're lucid dreaming or having a real OBE? Are they related?

They are related in some way, but can differ in another way. As I said in the above, they are the main differences, but AP is more real than Lucid Dreamikng (LD). We all know that dreams could be an interpretation of what the mind is thinking at the present time, that is just one of the theories. But AP is something we want to happen as a person, Travel to mars, go to another galaxy etc. It's a huge discussion and hopefully I will break it down for you a little bit more when I have time.

Hope this helps.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Thanks AkashicWanderer & Glennage!

I can always tell when I'm about to have an OBE, because I get this very intense ringing/buzzing noise that feels like it's generated right in my ear. I used to feel this sensation many times before, but it wasn't until last year I realized that I can astral project when I hear it. Is this a typical experience for transition to the astral plane?

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am often able to get into a trance-like state but I plauge myself with questions on what I will see and when that will come. So my question is- how does your vision come to you when AP'ing? I'm well aware of the difference between AP'ing and lucid dreaming

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm pretty new to this OBE business but, one morning I woke up quite early and fell back to "sleep" (I know I wasn't asleep or dreaming :puz
. While I was "sleeping", I saw myself floating in black space with white lights in the background. I remember feeling quite warm and at peace with everything.

What was it that happened to me? I know for sure I wasn't properly asleep. I "woke up" about 30 mins later.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeuceCyrenne
Thanks AkashicWanderer & Glennage!

I can always tell when I'm about to have an OBE, because I get this very intense ringing/buzzing noise that feels like it's generated right in my ear. I used to feel this sensation many times before, but it wasn't until last year I realized that I can astral project when I hear it. Is this a typical experience for transition to the astral plane?

This happens to nearly almost everyone before they AP. A ringing/Buzzing/Vibrating Noise in any ear is a sign you are about to enter the Astral Plane. Nobody really knows what it is, but from personal experince, it's said it's the Silver Cord we are all attached to. There are other explanations out there also, like it is your body which is made of particles, buzzing around because they have entered the Astral World.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirtualReality
I am often able to get into a trance-like state but I plauge myself with questions on what I will see and when that will come. So my question is- how does your vision come to you when AP'ing? I'm well aware of the difference between AP'ing and lucid dreaming

When i first began my journey to AP, I did not read anything about it besides you can leave your body, this seemed kinda cool, so I gave it a shot. The first time I got out I could not see a thing, things were dark, it got me scared, and i jolted back into my body.

It took time and effort to finally concentrate on what was happening and how I could control it....Through thoughts.

Now I have been doing it for a long time, the Vision is instantly perfect.

You may also experience blurred-ness as well as darkness.

I'm pretty new to this OBE business but, one morning I woke up quite early and fell back to "sleep" (I know I wasn't asleep or dreaming :puz
. While I was "sleeping", I saw myself floating in black space with white lights in the background. I remember feeling quite warm and at peace with everything.

That sounds to me like you have slipped into the Astral Realm by accident, (Mind Awake - Body Asleep. Vision like you mentioned is a typical symptom of being in the Astral World.

Hope this helps.
Glenn.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I am curious if any of you have tested this to learn things unknown I guess more of a psychic sense or communication with after life?

I have done various non typical methods with various results. Nothing strong enough to be fact but it seemed obvious I was coming across some sort of ability ...maybe.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

That sounds to me like you have slipped into the Astral Realm by accident, (Mind Awake - Body Asleep. Vision like you mentioned is a typical symptom of being in the Astral World.

Hope this helps.
Glenn.

Thank you for clearing that one up for me!

[edit on 9-11-2005 by xeroxed88]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Glennage, I don't want this to sound like begging, but I was wondering if you are skilled enough to help someone else out into the astral plane? If you can't or just don't want to, I'm fine. It's just I have been trying to AP for a long time. I think I do it, but it's on accident.

Also, If you do AP can you see people that might not be in the astral plane at that moment. One time in a dream (I'm guessing a lucid dream) I saw my friend in a bus while I was flying around a city. Just then I leaped into a first person view, any blurring in the surroundings became crystal clear, and I thought about what had just happened, I got a little startled and awoke. Does this sound like an AP?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So you guys are saying that lucid dreaming and AP are linked? If I realize I am lucid dreaming, can I suddenly switch over to a real time AP mode somehow? I wonder if I'm in a lucid dream where I may have the ability to change whatever I want, how that dream could suddenly change to something real.

Does anyone believe you can do an OBE in the future, in different dimensions or in distant star systems, or in the future in heaven for example? I'm just curious. I thought I read somewhere about someone claiming to do OBE in heaven in the future and he said people were wearing the clothes they died in and in the future some people in their 30's were wearing military clothing and the guy thought maybe that meant there was a war where people were drafted all the way up into their 30's. I'm just curious.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
So you guys are saying that lucid dreaming and AP are linked? If I realize I am lucid dreaming, can I suddenly switch over to a real time AP mode somehow?

Yes. If you realize you are lucid dreaming you can get out of the fantasy, and experience the astral objectively. All you have to do is clear your mind, and do not identify with your dream. Realize that it is not real, and it will start to dissapate.

I wonder if I'm in a lucid dream where I may have the ability to change whatever I want, how that dream could suddenly change to something real.

No matter what you change, the dream will still be a subconscious projection. It is key to still the mind, and realize that it is a fantasy for it to become "real".

Does anyone believe you can do an OBE in the future,

By accessing the Akashic Records we can look at certain timelines in the future, but not necessarily the one we'll take.

in different dimensions

We can only project in the astral dimension, hence the name astral projection.

or in distant star systems,

Some people have reported not being able to exit our Solar System, although with spiritual progression it should be possible to break that barrier.

or in the future in heaven for example?

Depends on what you mean by heaven. A state of mind, or a place? The heaven described in the bible?

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 12/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Thank you for starting this organized topic for AP discussion. I have been trying again lately and have been really having trouble with getting to the separation phase. I can achieve relaxation, a feeling of numbness and disconnection between my brain and body, and I have gotten much better at clearing my mind to focus on one thing. I even get a feeling of drifting into sleep and "switching" back into lucidity. Sometimes this is accompanied by feeling like I am turning inward on myself... if that makes sense. I know I am near the threashold, but I just can't get through the door. I don't even think I've had the buzzing or vibrations that so many people talk about. But I get the feeling that I am very close. I will begin trying the "simple" method and see what happens.

In the meantime, thank you all for the exchanging of information here.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hi Akashic/Glennage,

This is my first post on ATS and I joined pretty much to further my experiences with OOBE and lucid dreaming also.
A few nights ago I tried the method where you lay still for about 20 minutes, or until your body thinks it's sleeping. At that point, i'm still talking to myself in my head, repeating a mantra type sentence over and over.
Suddenly I felt a rush and sensation of my forehead moving forward, and a loud 'white noise' type noise in my ears. I got scared because it happened so suddenly, so I pulled out and opened my eyes.
My problem in getting to that state since has been swallowing. I am trying to think to myself, but then everything is disturbed by the fact I have to swallow!
Am I not 'asleep' or relaxed enough? It seems since that first time, little things just get in the way.. and then if I do achieve it again, I might be too firghtened to carry through with it!
Also one other question - how true is it that your body is an empty vessel while you are absent from it? In terms of other spirits inhabiting it etc.

Thanks - Matt

[edit on 12/11/2005 by under4orce]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by under4orce
I am trying to think to myself, but then everything is disturbed by the fact I have to swallow!

This is normal, just swallow but do not let it disturb your practice. After a few minutes your mouth should stop producing as much saliva, and you won't have to swallow as often.

Am I not 'asleep' or relaxed enough?

How long do you take to relax? 5-10 minutes should be enough.

It seems since that first time, little things just get in the way.. and then if I do achieve it again, I might be too firghtened to carry through with it!

It is important to not pay attention to the little things and carry on with your practice. Fear is also a big obstacle; you can overcome it by reading others' experiences, and realizing that it is just going to the astral (which we do every night), but being conscious. All you are doing is exiting the fantasy of dreaming, and seeing the astral world as it is, objectively.

Also one other question - how true is it that your body is an empty vessel while you are absent from it? In terms of other spirits inhabiting it etc.

Not true at all.

Our astral body leaves the physical body every night when we sleep. Why would becoming conscious of your astral body leaving you make you vulnerable to other spirits?

[edit on 12/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Thank you for the reply - I appreciate that.

Regarding the last question, it was my upbringing and my mother who once warned me that's what happens - guess she was wrong

I have also entertained the idea of wearing an eye mask to kind of, confirm that yes, I am seeing things, but not through my physical eyes. Im sure this won't be a bad thing.

Matt

top topics

<<   2 >>

join