It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2^n word tiny stories (as described by Nickelbee) with a twist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Okay writers,

Here is the idea. Nickelbee suggested this in another thread, and I tried my hand at it only to realize I don't have writer status... argh!!

I like the idea of keeping the stories extra short. Nickelbee's story was a terrific piece. Try to keep the story to a power of 2, ie 32, 64, 128, 256 words. I even thought of a new twist, the words at positions that are powers of two should create a phrase that is related to the theme of the work. This adds an additional constraint making this an interesting challenge/puzzle.

Example:
two for the price of one (64 words)

The two were, for all practical purposes, the only real family Beverly had. If the price on her head had been any lower, she would have considered staying. "Have you heard of the Flock?" her brother asked, "They can hide you!"
"I'll... look into that Mikey," she said as she set the twins down. Two loud cracks split the night. Mikey was now alone.

Okay, so it's not a great story, but you get the idea! I look forward to lots of creative submissions!

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Informatu

Good Game. I won't tell you what I'm spelling but will let you decode it instead.

(16 words)

Writer: never deception impart without knowing winks. Even saints lurk silently behind alter egos and enigmas.

[edit on 8-11-2005 by kallie]

join