It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll-Planet "X"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Do you believe it exists? If yes explain why. If no the also explain why.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Just so you Know... I think it exists.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yup. Planet X is found right next to Darth Vaders Deathstar.

I all Actuallity, I believe that just out of humor, someday NASA or some other astronomer will find a new planet, and just to make the Planet Xers happy, name it planetx.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I have asked the question about the existence of planet-X to my friend that works at JPL, and I forget his explanation for why it does not exist. I'll have to ask him again and get back to you guys on it.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would think that there could be... in a sense. I feel the asteroid belt was probably a planet; I don't recall the name of the calculation, but it shows, mathmatically, where planets would be in relation to the sun... and it estimates it would be located between Mars and Jupiter.
The author Z. Sitchen tries to prove the existence of the extra planet, and I know Newsweek ran a small one colume article about astronomers believing they "may have found evidence" for a tenth planet (it was from sometime last year). Velikosky (author, "Worlds in Collision") touches on it as well. Theirs are all theories or guesses, or the reading between lines in religious manuscripts...
So yes, I do believe there is a 10th planet...
Or rather, was...

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
the planet should be located right where the asteroid belt is, and should have the same total mass as the asteroid belt (estimated).

planet X? nah, i dont. the new one they found, people will want it to be planet x but its not, not really. as was said, well name one to make people happy.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I dont, What is it orbiting? the Sun? I dont think so, it would have to go around the sun for this to happen. It goes so far out that something else would "grab" it.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You mean the "Planet X" of Nancy Lieder, which zooms through the solar system every 3600 years, causing havoc? No. Doesn't exist. Just read up on your history (wikipedia is a good place for it) of civilizations for the past 5,000 years (written records go back at least that far) and you'll see that it's quite bogus.

"Planet X", for those of you who don't know, was supposed to "hit" our end of the solar system last year and is now "between the Earth and the sun" (yeah, right) and causing a slowdown in the Earth's rotation (yeah, right) every time the Marianas Trench points toward the sun (yeah... right.)

As a point of information, there's not enough mass in the asteroid belt for a planet.

Are there planets in the Oort cloud? I'll go with the astronomers and say "maybe." Are there planets beyond Pluto? Obviously (we've named two that we've found, but they're quite small and there's some argument about whether they should be called planets.

Are there planets around other solar systems? Yes, absolutely. Fascinating ones. We've discovered about 50 so far (if memory serves.)

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
In the other recent active planet x thread, some of us were discussing this matter. I had figured that it could exist, but there wasn't much if any evidence for it. Apparently the only evidence that suggested it existed are some gravity anomalies in the orbit of neptune. This anomaly is what lead researchers to search for a new planet, and I think it was a man named Thomas Clyde that found pluto. But pluto was estimated to have a mass that was too low to account for the anomaly in the orbit of neptune, so another planet was postulated and searched for.

However, a space probe (viking?) made very accurate measurements of Neptunes mass, found the previous were wrong, and that Pluto was massive enough to account for the anomaly on its own.

IOW, no, I don't think that there is a planet beyond pluto, planet x or otherwise.

Sedna was the last (most recent) really big object found out in the solar system I beleive.

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
the asteroid belt is supposed to act as a small planet/planetoid whatever, the point is that it accounts for anamolies that shud require an object of said mass.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
theres a huge site about planet x-- lookie this.. xfacts.com...
interesting story, lots of cross info about all kinds of stuff

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Yes, planet X does exist. "X" as in the Roman numeral "10" would be the planet Sedna:
www.nasa.gov...

Case closed!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The thought that a planet exploded somewhere between Mars and Jupiter sounds like a plot from Star Wars, which if actually happened would be both exciting and freaky at the same time. Now it was mentioned before that there weren't enough asteroids in the solar system to make up a planet, but if it really exploded wouldn't a great deal of material blast off at great speed and leave the system?

It is also a thought that Mars was once a moon to this lost planet. The size of the exploded planet could have been comparable to the size of Saturn (75,000 miles in diameter). Saturn's major moon Titan is 3,200 miles in diameter and has a yellowish atmospheric glow. On a comparison note, Mars is 4,222 miles in diameter and has a redish atmospheric glow.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
My mom is a nut about this kind of stuff, and really she has found lots of stuff showing that Nibiru does exist. I know she uses google but I'll ask her for sure.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
blondie's link is one link my mom visits. Some of the sites say that they think this planet x and earth were one planet and something collided with us (it) and shot it out into its super long orbit (which I think is VERY VERY UNLIKELY) but what the heck do I knowVERY VERY UNLIKELY

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The evidence does point to something else out there. Whether its another planet with an eliptical orbit, brown dwarf or something altoghether different is yet to be determined.

All the theories regarding this are just that...theories.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
(...)
Are there planets around other solar systems? Yes, absolutely. Fascinating ones. We've discovered about 50 so far (if memory serves.)

I totally agree with you, except for this quote. So far there are 136 planets discovered around other stars (see exoplanets.org...).

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Weller
The evidence does point to something else out there.

What evidence? The only evidence I have every heard for the existence of another planet, is that mass of pluto couldn't account for the anomalies in the orbits of neptune and uranus; but that then when a more accurate reading of the mass of neptune (i think it was specifically neptune anyways) was made, it was found that there were no anomalies to require a new planet.

The only other 'evidence' is some babylonian/sumerian seal that is supposed to have an extra planet.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
People such as Zecharia Sitchin, Rob Solarion, Jason Martell; they all point to extensive sources and interpretations of ancient texts, images and more modern science to look at the possibilities of there being a planet X. They don't and didn't believe it would return in 2003, and in that regard they differ with the zeta talk folk.

xfacts.com... - is Jason's planet X site, linking in with Sitchin's work
www.slowmotiondoomsday.com... is Rob Solarion's website named after the book he wrote on it

Sitchin has written several books covering the subject, but The Twelfth Planet would be the one to read to get an idea on his beliefs for the what and why of it.

It's easy to say that there's no "evidence" when ignoring the studious work put out by some. To have read the works and have a coherent arguement against the ideas put forth is the best way to disagree with the theory ;-)

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nairod
To have read the works and have a coherent arguement against the ideas put forth is the best way to disagree with the theory

What theory would that be? That there is another planet out there? Again, the original reason for thinking this was the orbital anamolies, and those have been rejected. If there is some other evidence for another planet being out there, then the evidence for it's existence should be presented.

I'm not expecting you to plagariaze anyone's work of post photocopies of pages, but what part of their arguments do you find convincing then?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join