It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could it just be that some are without a soul?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I wonder why it is that some people have seen things related to spirituality and others haven't, or remember past lives while others don't. If its not just hallucinations and convincing dreams, then is it at all possible that only a small percentage of humans actually have souls? Leaving the unlucky majority to live without one? From what I have read on this subject, none of this is stuff you are supposed to be able to learn, you are either born with these abilities or you aren't.

If those that have seen or remembered things that can only be defined as something regarding a soul or spirituality, then myself and others could possibly be lacking a quality, namely a soul, in order to be able to percieve such things.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
No, me bird brained matey. All people have souls, thats what makes them "people".

[Edited on 19-9-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If you want to believe this kind of thing, then some souls are nearing their perfect enlightenment and might be destined never to have to inhabit a corporeal body again, while others are totally unaware, going about useless daily tasks and accumulating things in the material world, getting no closer to their purpose or fulfillment.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Some have said that half the humans alive have souls and the other half don't. The half that don't are then used by the next generation of soon to be 3d (individualized) souls when the "graduation" to the next level occurs for the half that do. It's kinda like a critical mass thing where you need just as many empty bodies as full bodies. At the end of the cycle you need to have bodies for the lower realm to jump into. Those bodies can be easily used by the evil side in the realm above us. Of course, the really evil humans have souls but have just chosen the dark side. But I still think Busch is a puppet and couldn't sell his soul if he wanted.

Here is a couple links that explains this particular theory.

www.montalk.net...

cass.eahosting.com...

www.cassiopaea.org...

www.montalk.net...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yufamyzm,

agree with you totally.
the big question I couldn't resolve for awhile is the so called dispartity between people eg. why some choose the soul and others choose the flesh. Then it dawned on me that there would be no evolution without it.

But everything has it's cost, I think that evil has more fun but misses the greater joy of spiritual ascension. In the end live=evil becomes part of the next universal cycle but quite possibly a lesser part.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
We all have souls. Some choose to follow their soul. They are the ones that are truly enlightened. Others choose to follow their mind. They follow what OTHERS have told them.

MaskedAvatar just about hit it on the head. When one recognizes their soul is the Holy Spirit within them and begins listening and following then they become on a higher plain than others.

They possibly will be able to shun their physical bodies in the future for they have recognized. IF not try, try, again.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
We all have souls. Some choose to follow their soul. They are the ones that are truly enlightened. Others choose to follow their mind. They follow what OTHERS have told them.

First I would like to point out madman's post which is "simple and humble in statement" while being "vast and fullfilling in content". Very Nice!
I do not intend to change the above statement in it's meaning, but it's structur. Purpose being the possible clearity in understanding and/or a more poetic flow.

Alt. Version:
"All are of the soul.
Some choose to follow the soul.
They are...
The one(s),
Enlightened.

Some choose to follow the mind.
They follow...
What OTHERS told them.
(What?...Others?...Told Them?)"

The second thing I would like to add to this post is for all to enjoy but for those of "Judeo-Christian" Faith(s) most of all. I recently came across a theory that I found very interesting and original while adhearing to the many strict or precise details written in the bible. (Mostly OT I think.) I am certainly not as well educated as others here on the Bible and the various interpretations and teachings, both OT and/or NT. I found this persons theory to be detailed, thorough and one of the best "Answers" I've heard yet, as far as "Solid Answers" can be when trying to prove something like a "Soul" that is. Check it out and let me know what ya think???

www.v-a.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If you want to believe this kind of thing, then some souls are nearing their perfect enlightenment and might be destined never to have to inhabit a corporeal body again, while others are totally unaware, going about useless daily tasks and accumulating things in the material world, getting no closer to their purpose or fulfillment.

This seems to sum up a majority belief....
Then again, maybe it's just about whether or not you WANT to remember past lives? Who knows... Maybe everyone gets inklings, but then if they don't ask more questions of themselves, the answers aren't revealed? I know when I first started delving into it, the info came in rapid succession, because I WANTED to learn about it...

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I believe every living creature has a soul..Without one, that creature could not exist. The problem that some people have in believing we have one is that noone can see it, or knows exactly where it's located. We obviously cannot survive without a brain(as a functioning organism) but we know we have one, because we know where it's located and even know what it looks like..imagine if we did not know where the brain was or what it looked like, perhaps we might not believe we had one if that were the case?

There are things in life we can see, and things we cannot, just because we cannot see it does not mean it's not there or not being used..

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Could it just be that some are without a soul?

Hmmmm.... I wonder about some of my ex's.......

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 06:01 AM
link   
hmmmmm I found this on a website a while ago, probably a spoof but interesting in light of the kind of world we live in today.......

www.wewantyoursoul.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Let me just say now that it is impossible to sell your soul and feel any different.

I know this from personnal experiance. In an old science lesson once me and some friends decided to conduct a science experiment of our own. We ended up selling our souls to each other. We wrote down on a piece of paper the details of our soul and passed them on for something else.

Nothing happened. And to be honest I sort of knew nothing would happen. And I think my friend still has mine

Seriously, the idea of souls is an interesting one. By what definition do most people think of souls? A spirit, or something that makes you different to the next person?

When I think of a soul I believe along the lines of something that makes me different from the people around me, I've never believed ino the spiritual side of it.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
Let me just say now that it is impossible to sell your soul and feel any different.

I know this from personnal experiance. In an old science lesson once me and some friends decided to conduct a science experiment of our own. We ended up selling our souls to each other. We wrote down on a piece of paper the details of our soul and passed them on for something else.

Nothing happened. And to be honest I sort of knew nothing would happen. And I think my friend still has mine

If you have a soul, then I say you did indeed sell it, but a method of transferral did not take place. Much like if you purchase something online, but never recieve it in the mail. You still retain receipt of purchase. I do not think a soul would automatically move on its own accord to another person or object once ownership is changed.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Let's try a different approach...

Sole\, a. [L. solus, or OF. sol, F. seul (fr. L. solus; cf. L. sollus whole, entire. Cf. Desolate, Solemn, Solo, Sullen.]
1. Being the only one: Of or relating to only one individual or group

He, be sure . . . first and last will reign Sole king. --Milton.

Syn: Single; individual; only; alone; solitary.

Perhaps our idividuality, unique differences, personal moral values, etc, etc, is more related to the "Greatest Show on Earth" we call Reality which distracts attention away from OUR SOUL(SOLE).

All of us complete, as & of, ONE SOLE(SOUL) when the One Truth is understood by all.

Nobody can sell it as it's not theirs to sell, but even if somebody did, they would only be selling it to themselves, not recognizing their own reflection.

Should we not Know and Love "EveryOne" and "OurSelves" the same?!?!

"All are of the soul.
They are...
The one(s),
Enlightened.

They follow...
What OTHERS told them.

Live Well,
mOjOm

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
LMMFAO!!!

That is a priceless website. The picture of the people...oh my god! I still can't stop laughing.

Genetically-modified souls! HAhahahahahah!!

Thank you so much. I needed a good laugh. I bet my soul price just went up.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
To anyone who has sold their soul, in jest or reality:

The consequences of your act or intention cannot be known to you, but they will be soon enough.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
To anyone who has sold their soul, in jest or reality:

The consequences of your act or intention cannot be known to you, but they will be soon enough.

Repeat of my post 2 posts back....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sole\, a. [L. solus, or OF. sol, F. seul (fr. L. solus; cf. L. sollus whole, entire. Cf. Desolate, Solemn, Solo, Sullen.]
1. Being the only one: Of or relating to only one individual or group

He, be sure . . . first and last will reign Sole king. --Milton.

Syn: Single; individual; only; alone; solitary.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps our idividuality, unique differences, personal moral values, etc, etc, is more related to the "Greatest Show on Earth" we call Reality which distracts attention away from OUR SOUL(SOLE).

All of us complete, as & of, ONE SOLE(SOUL) when the One Truth is understood by all.

Nobody can sell it as it's not theirs to sell, but even if somebody did, they would only be selling it to themselves, not recognizing their own reflection.

Should we not Know and Love "EveryOne" and "OurSelves" the same?!?!

"All are of the soul.
They are...
The one(s),
Enlightened.

They follow...
What OTHERS told them.

Live Well,
mOjOm

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
mOjOm

But what if selling their soul is the cause of someone not even being able to recognise their own reflection?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
mOjOm

But what if selling their soul is the cause of someone not even being able to recognise their own reflection?

Ahhhhhh....Now that is a good question!!!

Perhaps that person would somehow be stuck in a paradoxal loop of somekind. A continued existence of constantly loosing and searching for "ONE's SOUL(SOLE) or TRUE SELF" while unknowingly possessing "IT" the whole time and only tricking themselves into "NOT KNOWING IT."

Imagine for example: A Body of Water not knowing how to "FLOW".
Forgeting that it IS "The River".
If it could somehow Forget that it lost it's "WAY" it would see that IT IS the path upon which it Flows.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
That's a very useful analogy, especially for anyone who wants to believe that a river has a soul!

Topical songs:

Ol' Man River

and (of course) He'll Never Be An Ol' Man (River) (I'm on the drug that killed River Phoenix)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join