It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Mulls New Racist Constitution Confirming Jewish Identity of the State

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

The critic Arab member in the Israeli Knesset, Mohammed Baraka, affirmed that the Israeli inner political circles were deliberating a new constitution for the Hebrew state after 57 years of its "illegal birth", that stresses on an "open-borders" state with Jewish identity, marginalizing all other minorities, including Palestinians of the 1948-occupied lands, who are the indigenous people and legitimate owners of the land of Palestine.

"What I know of the constitution as a general practice in any country is that it is drafted to protect minorities' rights and not to boost the majority's interests as suggested in this new constitution", Baraka said.

He affirmed, during a meeting with foreign diplomats in the Hebrew state, that Palestinians of the 1948-occupied lands were suffering of clear racist discrimination in the "state", saying, "a mere look into the Israeli Book of Laws would be enough to prove such a discrimination".

Continued....

After generations without a constitution Israel is finally considering one that confirms their racist identity.

It is a good thing that they are finally putting it to words, but not so good in that it will discriminate against Christians, and Muslims.

Israel has never been a democracy, and it likely never will without foreign intervention.

The spread of democracy must include Israel or it is a wasted effort.

The Palestinians must be given Equal Rights, or the occupation must end.

Note that 'open borders' does not mean open immigration, rather it implies a right to expand the borders by invasion, and occupation.

There true intents are exposed for all to see, but of course you will not read this in your papers, or hear it on CNN.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

The Palestinians must be given Equal Rights, or the occupation must end.

Arab Israelis are citizens of Israel with equal rights. Israel's Declaration of Independence (1948) promises that Israel will "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex" and guarantees "freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture". We do have extensive anti-discrimination laws.

Over one million, constituting nearly 20 percent of Israel's population, are not Jewish.

Although defined collectively as Arab citizens of Israel, the Arab Israeli sector includes a number of different groups (primarily Arabic-speaking)

• Muslim Arabs

3/4 of the Arab Israeli sector and most are Sunni Muslims.

1/10 of Israel's Muslim Arabs are Bedouins, formerly nomadic shepherds.

• Christian Arabs form the second largest group in the Arab Israeli sector.

The majority of the Christian Arabs are affiliated with the Greek Catholic, Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic churches.

• The Druze , some 100,000 Arabic-speakers living in 22 villages in northern Israel, are a separate cultural, social and religious community.

• The Circassians , comprising some 3,000 people, are Sunni Muslims, although they share neither the Arab origin nor the cultural background of the larger Islamic community.

Arab citizens run the political and administrative affairs of their own municipalities and advance Arab interests through their elected representatives in the Knesset (= Israel's parliament). Arab Israelis have also held various government positions, including that of deputy minister. At present a member of the Druze community is serving as a government minister.

BUT

"or the occupation must end"

You are not talking about Israel - you are talking about Ha-Shtachim (= 'the Territories' or 'the Westbank') captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War, right?

Since the Westbank does NOT belong to Israel, the Palestinian inhabitants living in the territories are FOREIGNERS - without the benefits of Israeli citizenship.

Under Oslo II Interim Agreement (September 1995) Israel transferred specific powers from its military government in the West Bank (and Gaza Strip whixh Israel has left short time ago) to the newly created Palestinian Authority - and since that time, 98 % of the Palestinian population in the West Bank (and Gaza Strip) has come under Palestinian jurisdiction.

So the Arabs in the Westbank can vote for candidates in the Palestinian National Authority and enjoy access to its judicial system.

and .....BTW

Since the source you provided

url=http://www.palestine-info.co.uk/am/publish/article_15013.shtml

is an Official site of Hamas leadership - a TERROR GROUP - ...do you really think your information is serious?

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Riwka]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:25 PM
link   
AA,

Here is a history lesson for u, since u are badly in need of one. At the end of WW2 the UN not the US or Jewish peoples, picked a place to have a Jewish state. The land was owned by England and England gave the land to the UN which gave the land to have a state created. If you don't like the land being used that way, try blaming the UN and or England-but that would take some knowledge and understanding-which u clear lack and sorely need.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
AA,

Here is a history lesson for u, since u are badly in need of one. At the end of WW2 the UN not the US or Jewish peoples, picked a place to have a Jewish state. The land was owned by England and England gave the land to the UN which gave the land to have a state created. If you don't like the land being used that way, try blaming the UN and or England-but that would take some knowledge and understanding-which u clear lack and sorely need.

I understand far more than you would give me credit for.

I do not deny Israels right to exist behind the green line.

Your version of history is not completely accurate, but is close enough to let stand although not on topic.

BTW: A not-to-distant cousin of mine was the British Goveror General of the Palestine Jaffa District [Including Jerusalem] 1929-1946, Edward Keith-Roach. His memoirs are a revealing look at the Crowns true intent.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
You are not talking about Israel - you are talking about Ha-Shtachim (= 'the Territories' or 'the Westbank') captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War, right?

Captured? Or stole in a sneak attack?

After two generations of occupation it is time for a change.

Since the source you provided is an Official site of Hamas leadership - a TERROR GROUP - ...do you really think your information is serious?

The article is quoting an Arab Knesset Member.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would like a clear and concise explanation as to why it is ok for Muslim nations to be properly called and considered the "Islamic Republic of____" but for Israel to call itself a Jewish state is racist.

I anxiously await your clear answer to this and hope you'll be able to focus on actually answering it instead of giving me someone else's rhetoric.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
I would like a clear and concise explanation as to why it is ok for Muslim nations to be properly called and considered the "Islamic Republic of____" but for Israel to call itself a Jewish state is racist.

I anxiously await your clear answer to this and hope you'll be able to focus on actually answering it instead of giving me someone else's rhetoric.

Both would be racist.

If its not OK for the Muslim nations, then Israel should not be considering it.

Recent talk of expelling Arab Israelis should provoke closer examination of any attempts to make it into law.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Recent talk of expelling Arab Israelis

There is no recent talk of expelling Arab Israelis.

It has never been.

As said before - your source is HAMAS - a terror group's site. The article you provided is not serious.

Furthermore: If you could read in the source I provided ( The Declaration of the Establishment of the State of Israel),

David Ben-Gurion on 5 Iyar 5708 (May 14th.1948) declared

"the establishment of a JEWISH state in Eretz-Israel, to be known as the State of Israel".

Originally posted by Djarums

[....]"Islamic Republic of____" [....]

[...] would be racist [...]

Oh

- Now I am waiting to see your various topics

" Islamic Republic of._____ is a racist state name".

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
You are not talking about Israel - you are talking about Ha-Shtachim (= 'the Territories' or 'the West bank') captured by Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War, right? (that is correct Riwka)

AA,

If your read your REAl history-not that BS from of terrorist groups like Hamas, you would know this land was won in a war in which Israel was attacked by several countries at once Including Jordan.
I think you will have a hard time convincing most countries to give up land they won in wars.
I am not willing to give my land back to the Mexicans-California.
If my history serves me correctly, the West bank and such were actually part of or at least controlled by Jordan.
The land was taken by Israel in the1967 war.
So hmm, that land was NEVER the Palestinians, it was Jordain.
The Palestinians have no claim to it.
At least if it were Jordan wanting "THEIR" land back, we might have room for a rational discussion.

IMO-AA you are just a mouth piece for the Muslim terrorist in the area

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Transfer is the Answer: Rabbi Meir Kahane was correct in his call to expel the Arabs.

Rabbi Meir Kahane has been an American-born extremist who founded and led Kach (= "thus") until he was assassinated in New York in 1990.

Israel outlawed Kach and its offshoot Kahane Chai (= “Kahane Lives”) in 1994 (!)

I am used to the hebrew calendar.....and we just started the year 5766

But as far as I know, Christians say the actual year is 2005 - Do you think the time around 1990 is really "recent talks to deport Arabs from Israel" -

And since it seems you like to quote from terror-group sites....do you really think a outlawed terror-group is representative for the knesset of a democratic state?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   

If your read your REAl history-not that BS from of terrorist groups like Hamas, you would know this land was won in a war in which Israel was attacked by several countries at once Including Jordan.

You are mistaken.

The occupation began back in 1967 when Israel invaded in a sneak attack.

There were many reasons for the sneak attack, but the fact remains the first strikes were dawn raids where Israel bombed the Arab Airforces as they sat on the ground.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Riwka

That was a nice find. You really know your stuff and have good proof to boot.
I just had to post to say you just got my vote for "way above".
Please keep up the supior work.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Riwka
Rabbi Meir Kahane has been an American-born extremist who founded and led Kach (= "thus") until he was assassinated in New York in 1990.
But as far as I know, Christians say the actual year is 2005 - Do you think the time around 1990 is really "recent talks to deport Arabs from Israel" -

And since it seems you like to quote from terror-group sites....do you really think a outlawed terror-group is representative for the knesset of a democratic state?

The group Transfer is the Answer is simply quoting Kahane, and their calls for ethnic cleansing have been continuous making them 'recent' also.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon

I just had to post to say you just got my vote for "way above".

Thank you

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngelYou are mistaken.

There were many reasons for the sneak attack, but the fact remains the first strikes were dawn raids where Israel bombed the Arab Airforces as they sat on the ground.

uh....they sneak attacked because their neighbors were lining up forces on 3 sides of their border about to attack.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by namehere]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by namehere
uh....they sneak attacked because their neighbors were lining up forces on 3 sides of their border about to attack.

There were provocations on both sides in this conflict, and all others.

What I said is true, and was in reply to this.

a war in which Israel was attacked by several countries at once

Which is false.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Arab Israelis are citizens of Israel with equal rights. Israel's Declaration of Independence (1948) promises that Israel will "ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex" and guarantees "freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture". We do have extensive anti-discrimination laws.

Say one thing, do another....

Israeli Discrimination Against Non-Jews Is Carefully Codified in State of Israel's Laws

There are 17 Israeli laws that are discriminatory

Israel: Discriminatory Citizenship Law denounced by the UN

Racial discrimination against non-Jews is grounded in Israeli laws, regulations, practices and permeates all fields of public life

Discrimination Against Palestinian Arab Children in Israel's Schools

Jews Only Law Sparks Firestorm In Israel

Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) strongly condemns new Israeli law

Israel's Discriminatory Practices Are Rooted in Jewish Religious Law

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Once again, there are those in the Arab world who seek to rewrite history and impute expansionist motives to Israel, but the facts are clear.

Here's a quick summary of some of the major events leading up to the Six-Day War: (*)

• On May 16, 1967, Cairo Radio announced: "The existence of Israel has continued too long. The battle has come in which we shall destroy Israel." On the same day, Egypt demanded the withdrawal of UN forces that had been stationed in Gaza and Sharm el-Sheikh since 1957. Three days later, the UN announced it would comply with the Egyptian demand.

• On May 19, 1967 Cairo Radio said: "This is our chance, Arabs, to deal Israel a mortal blow of annihilation..."

• On May 23, 1967 Egypt's President Gamal Abdel Nasser declared his intention to block the Strait of Tiran to Israeli shipping, thus effectively severing Israel's vital trade links with East Africa and Asia. Israel replied that under international law this was a casus belli, an act of war.

• On May 27,1967 Nasser said that "our basic objective will be the destruction of Israel."

• On May 30,1967 Jordan's King Hussein placed Jordanian forces under Egyptian control. Egyptian, Iraqi, and Saudi troops were sent to Jordan.

• On June 1, 1967 Iraq's leader added his thoughts: "We are resolved, determined, and united to achieve our clear aim of wiping Israel off the map."

• On June 3, 1967 Cairo Radio hailed the impending Muslim holy war.

• On June 5, Israel, surrounded by Arab forces likely to attack at any moment, launched a preemptive strike.

Events leading to the Six Day War- 1967 (**)

Milhemet Sheshet Hayamim - The Six Day War begun. Yes - within six days, Israel had defeated its adversaries and, in the process, captured land on the Egyptian, Jordanian, and Syrian fronts.

Shortly after the Six-Day War, Israel indicated its desire to negotiate peace with its Arab neighbors. While Israel was unprepared to relinquish the eastern half of Jerusalem

Wednesday, June 7, 1967 - The Kotel = western wall of the Temple Mount --IDF Chief Rabbi, General Shlomo Goren with Torah Scroll and Shofar (***)

it was willing to exchange the seized territories for a comprehensive settlement. But Israel's overtures were rebuffed. An unmistakable response came from Khartoum, Sudan's capital, where Arab leaders issued a resolution on September 1, 1967 announcing the three noes:

• no peace
  • no recognition
  • no negotiation"

(*) MORE:
    Israel and the Arab-Israeli Conflict: A Brief Guide for the Perplexed

(**) MORE:
    Events leading to the Six Day War, 1967

(***) MORE:
    1967 and the Six-Day War

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
ok AA,

I will give you I should have said was about to be attacked/invaded by three countries.
The fact they were able to react first, saved the country and probably every person in the country.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join